Meanwhile over at Russel Street Report (Ravens Fan Forum)

so lamar is trash in the playoffs, this is known.

what im wondering is how the hell do the ravens always get such big nasty talented guys?

they always have pro bowl guys all over the spot, and their backups and so on are all so physical and fast.

remember last year when cinci had to beat them twice with their terrible back up qb playing?  it took miracle plays for the bengals to beat them both times, and that bengals team smoked us.

17 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

There's an obsession with giving it to a QB. I don't think any QB has been good enough to be in the MVP conversation this year. Even the top two - Mahomes and Josh - have had their struggles. Even now, can't see beyond McCaffrey but highly doubt he gets it.

It's an obsession with offense in general. Outstanding defensive players who get double-teamed constantly but still impact the game get ignored  (Garrett, Watt) unless they play in NYC ("Revis Island", LT). 

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

2 totally different styles due their size difference.  Josh takes on tacklers and wants to bulldoze them over.  Jackson is looking to avoid the tacklers & juke them out of their jocks.  Both are very effective runners.  

I’m not sure what your response to me has to do with my response. Have you ever  heard Jackson needs to be more if a decisive runner to make him a great QB? That’s what I am referring to. Not running styles.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m not sure what your response to me has to do with my response. Have you ever  heard Jackson needs to be more if a decisive runner to make him a great QB? That’s what I am referring to. Not running styles.

It was a general reply to both your & what you quoted about them running.  Not really a direct reply to either one of you, more just expanding thoughts on the overall topic of both of them as runners.  

17 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Lamar is a great QB, but he's not on Joshs and Mahomes level.

At least in big games

Tier 1:

Josh, Mahomes 

Tier 2: 

Burrow, Lamar

How could burrows be below josh, hes b slapped the bills 2 or 3 times now.

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

This is not a boxing match. It's not "burrow vs josh ".

Burrow plays against the bills defence and Josh plays against the bengals defence.

Spags always gets "slapped " by Josh , where his defences does well against burrow in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Burrow has missed significant time in 2 out of 4 seasons he's played.  It's hard to put him in the top tier when he's missed so many games.  And it gives a smaller sample of his ability.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.