Josh Allen: The Correct Choice for NFL MVP

MJS

I don’t mind Allen not getting MVP, but it’s annoying that Lamar will get a 2nd with not such special stats.  He rode a very good Ravens defense and some timely special teams to 13 wins, plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 1/21/2024 at 11:02 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense.

Allen's turnovers did a hell of a lot more to lose the Broncos game than the (admittedly stupid and unbelievably frustrating) 12 men on the field penalty. They lost six points directly from the two INTs.

And that's ignoring the rest of his not very good game.

The first INT, they were on the Broncos 28. That's 3 lost points, minimum.

The second INT, the Broncos got the ball on the Bills 31 and hit a field goal.

That's a six point turnaround minimum, and the Bills lost by two. The stupid 12 men penalty would never have happened, as the Broncos would have needed eight points to tie and would have been forced to go for a TD.

Allen was a major factor.

Even larger in the Jets game, yes. But really big in both.

He left the field with the lead.  The defense didn't close. In a few of the losses, not just the Broncos.  It's no different than the 13 second game.  He left the field with the lead.  The defense didn't close.  The Jets game was on him because he wasn't able to over come his mistakes and take the lead back.  The other 3 games he did.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, it's me yelling at the internet? You, you're just watching the game ... except you're not, you're yelling at me while accusing me of yelling.

The difference between us being you're wrong.

It doesn't say "Mahomes's number of INTs T-4".  Your idea is pathetic. It says "Mahomes T-4." 

Meaning Mahomes tied for 4th. And he did not.

Folks, these are the INT numbers Punch is talking about:

David Mills 15

Dak Prescott 15

Josh Allen 14

Derek Carr 14

Kirk Cousins 14

Matt Ryan 13 

Joe Burrow 12

Patrick Mahomes 12

Aaron Rodgers 12

Anyone seriously think Mahomes tied for 4th here? Exactly. He didn't.

Anyone think Mahomes had the 4th highest total? When 6 guys had higher totals than Mahomes's 12? Exactly.

Didn't watch the video.  It all depends on the meaning.  I would not say Mahomes is tied for 4th in ints.  I would say that Mahomes was tied for the 4th most amount of ints. Don't over think this for some argument to say he isn't.  I'm fairly certain you know what I mean.

1. 2 people tied at 15 ints

2. 3 people tied at 14 ints

3. 1 person with 13

4. 3 people tied with 12. <---- Mahomes is here

It's pretty obvious what the poster you are arguing with was trying to get across.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don’t mind Allen not getting MVP, but it’s annoying that Lamar will get a 2nd with not such special stats.  He rode a very good Ravens defense and some timely special teams to 13 wins, plain and simple. 

Same. Im not really annoyed by it though.  I just don't think he deserves it.  The first one he got I thought he deserved.  This one, not even close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/21/2024 at 8:10 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, it's me yelling at the internet? You, you're just watching the game ... except you're not, you're yelling at me while accusing me of yelling.

The difference between us being you're wrong.

It doesn't say "Mahomes's number of INTs T-4".  Your idea is pathetic. It says "Mahomes T-4." 

Meaning Mahomes tied for 4th. And he did not.

Folks, these are the INT numbers Punch is talking about:

David Mills 15

Dak Prescott 15

Josh Allen 14

Derek Carr 14

Kirk Cousins 14

Matt Ryan 13 

Joe Burrow 12

Patrick Mahomes 12

Aaron Rodgers 12

Anyone seriously think Mahomes tied for 4th here? Exactly. He didn't.

Anyone think Mahomes had the 4th highest total? When 6 guys had higher totals than Mahomes's 12? Exactly.

Of course, Mahomes was tied 4th. This isn't that hard.

Two QB's tied for 1st. Three QB's tied for 2nd. One QB alone at 3rd. Three QB's tied for 4th. He tied for the 4th most INT's in the league. 

Put it this way, it would not make sense to say Allen tied for the 5th most INT's in the league right? Allen had the second most INT's in the league. 

On 1/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense.

Allen's turnovers did a hell of a lot more to lose the Broncos game than the (admittedly stupid and unbelievably frustrating) 12 men on the field penalty. They lost six points directly from the two INTs.

And that's ignoring the rest of his not very good game.

The first INT, they were on the Broncos 28. That's 3 lost points, minimum.

The second INT, the Broncos got the ball on the Bills 31 and hit a field goal.

That's a six point turnaround minimum, and the Bills lost by two. The stupid 12 men penalty would never have happened, as the Broncos would have needed eight points to tie and would have been forced to go for a TD.

Allen was a major factor.

Even larger in the Jets game, yes. But really big in both.

Allen was just incredibly unlucky as far as turnovers go this season, particularly the first half of the season.

Since you're talking about Allen in the Broncos game, this tweet seems relevant:

Allen had the 2nd lowest turnover worthy play % up through that Denver Bronco game.  And that Bronco game gives a great example of how unlucky Allen was this year in terms of his turnovers... Interceptions in particular.

That first interception was the result of a perfectly thrown pass to a wide open Gabe Davis, but stone-hands-Gabe not only dropped it, but tipped it perfectly so the defender behind him could catch it.

That's Josh Allen's season.  He actually had his best year in the NFL in terms of decision making, but his worst year in terms of luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He left the field with the lead.  The defense didn't close. In a few of the losses, not just the Broncos.  It's no different than the 13 second game.  He left the field with the lead.  The defense didn't close.  The Jets game was on him because he wasn't able to over come his mistakes and take the lead back.  The other 3 games he did.

But even in the Jet's game Allen drove us to a tie with a last second FG in regulation. Then our special teams happened.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.