Breaking: Chris Christie Suspends Presidential Campaign

CBS radio news reported that he was “under intense pressure” to drop out. I laughed out loud. Nobody gave two sh*ts about him one way or the other. Who could have been bothered to apply “intense pressure”?

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

CBS radio news reported that he was “under intense pressure” to drop out. I laughed out loud. Nobody gave two sh*ts about him one way or the other. Who could have been bothered to apply “intense pressure”?

His donors.

The people donating to Christie are the Republicans who dislike Trump but aren’t ready to support a Democrat (Think Mitt Romney, Bush types).

Once DeSantis revealed himself to be the fraud he obviously was and Haley became the clear anti-Trump choice among GOP candidates, Christie became even more irrelevant than he already was. 

The deep pocketed donors who supported Christie so he could try to take down Trump decided that Christie was no longer their best option. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

His donors.

The people donating to Christie are the Republicans who dislike Trump but aren’t ready to support a Democrat (Think Mitt Romney, Bush types).

Once DeSantis revealed himself to be the fraud he obviously was and Haley became the clear anti-Trump choice among GOP candidates, Christie became even more irrelevant than he already was. 

The deep pocketed donors who supported Christie so he could try to take down Trump decided that Christie was no longer their best option. 

Were they somehow obligated to continue backing a loser? Some vast band of Christie donors that you believes exist applied “intense pressure”? Laughable. 

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Were they somehow obligated to continue backing a loser? Some vast band of Christie donors that you believes exist applied “intense pressure”? Laughable. 

No, they obviously weren’t. And if his donors decided they didn’t want to continue to support him, that would be intense pressure for him to drop out. 

Nikki Haley is wasting a lot of $.  I'm in Cheektowaga with a 716 phone #. I have been getting text messages from her campaign about voting for her in NH. They keep calling me Richard.  I may br a Dick, but that's not my name and there's no way  I'd vote for her . I think they got my name and # from  the Bernie Sanders camp. I was getting voice mails from someplace in Vermont  urging  me to vote for himeback in  2016.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

No, they obviously weren’t. And if his donors decided they didn’t want to continue to support him, that would be intense pressure for him to drop out. 

You are cleared to be on board with CBS Radio News characterizing the pressure on Chris Christie to withdraw as “intense”. I don’t know why anyone would believe there was “intense pressure” on a guy that wasn’t even a speed bump but so be it. I will go with nobody gave two sh*ts what this portly loser did either way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You are cleared to be on board with CBS Radio News characterizing the pressure on Chris Christie to withdraw as “intense”. I don’t know why anyone would believe there was “intense pressure” on a guy that wasn’t even a speed bump but so be it. I will go with nobody gave two sh*ts what this portly loser did either way. 

1. You obviously care since you keep posting about it

2. Loss of funds is pressure for a campaign. You can debate the definition of “intense” but best guess is that a significant loss of donor money would create a correspondingly significant pressure on the candidate to end their campaign 

3. If actual voter support drove these decisions, he would have either been out of the race ages ago or have never entered. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1. You obviously care since you keep posting about it

I keep posting because I’m dumbfounded that you find it important to go to the mat over “intense pressure”. I will now concede to you the victory here and move along. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

all true.  and Christies voters go to Haley.  Never trumpers on the right win.  we all win....haves vs have nots.  uneducated vs educated.  look to history for the winner.  unless u wanna go all nazi on us....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Just now, Wacka said:

Nikki Haley is wasting a lot of $.  I'm in Cheektowaga with a 716 phone #. I have been getting text messages from her campaign about voting for her in NH. They keep calling me Richard.  I may br a Dick, but that's not my name and there's no way  I'd vote for her . I think they got my name and # from  the Bernie Sanders camp. I was getting voice mails from someplace in Vermont  urging  me to vote for himeback in  2016.

you're a random

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

This clown calling other people puppets?  That's rich.  I've never seen a man want his opponent to beat him as bad as Vivek.  Maybe he's a flagellant?