QB Sneak Technique

Turk71

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I like this technique in the RZ bc once it’s over the line it’s a TD and can’t be fumbled 

Trevor Lawrence was doing that for the Jags but it caught up with him Sunday and they didn’t make it. As others have said, if you get hit in the air, even if not a great hit, it stops your momentum.  

Edited by JimmyNoodles
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Bills14221 said:

Why not have Fournette line up under center and take the snap with David Edwards or Bates behind him?  If we aren’t going to fake it, isn’t that a better option?

I like this option, use someone who is used to running there.  

Another option that someone else suggested was using Knox (who has a QB background, so you could do a fake pass to an open guy) and have a DL or backup OL push him.  

16 hours ago, mannc said:

I think Tom Brady was like 199 for 200 over his career on QB sneaks, without any special play design or anyone pushing him from behind.  Why couldn’t someone like Josh Allen, who’s the same size as Brady and much more athletic, duplicate that success?

Because TB's o-line was allowed to hold.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.