This stat is amazing.

I got curious ,So Buffalo officially have not lost by more than 1 score (7 points)for 61 consecutive regular season games! Yes 61!

Their last regular season loss over 1 score was 10/27/19 to the Eagles. 

That is mind blowing to me, I'd guess the next closest team is in the teens, think about this, 61 straight games , I'd guess that's an nfl record, it's unheard of for a team to do that in 1 season and we did it for 3.5🤯

The NFL should research and recognize this feat.. 

In that time span we had 8 playoff games and 2 were by more than 1 score, KC 2020, Cincy 2022 unfortunately

EDIT- It's 41 straight,  which still might be an nfl record. Somehow missed the 2021 beat down from Indy. Still an amazing feat nonetheless. Again, I'd be surprised if there's a team that's higher than the teens. Still a mind blowing stat to me that should be researched and recognized for all time

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The overall point is true that the bills don’t get smoked too often.  The bills have had highly ranked offense and defensive teams over the last 4 years.   Here is a link that shows their point differential vs every other team over that time.  They are an absolute  outlier.  The fact they have one one championship game appearance and no super bowls to show for it demonstrates the lack of postseason success. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-point-differential-in-the-nfl-last-4-years

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It might be amazing but it is also not true unless I don’t understand something. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401326480

smh wow i missed that somehow🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

nonetheless,  that would make it 41 straight regular season games,  which still might be a record. 

When the heat was on McDermott 5 weeks ago there were points being made with data that is record in one score games is not good when compared to his peers like Andy reed.  Because the point differential is so high it turns out the bills play in less one score games than some others because they win by multiple scores at a very high rate.  I am not sure how important that is when you consider only the chiefs actually have more wins over the last 4 years. 

Edited by Matt_In_NH

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The overall point is true that the bills don’t get smoked too often.  The bills have had highly ranked offense and defensive teams over the last 4 years.   Here is a link that shows their point differential vs every other team over that time.  They are an absolute  outlier.  The fact they have one one championship game appearance and no super bowls to show for it demonstrates the lack of postseason success. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-point-differential-in-the-nfl-last-4-years

Wow that's incredible.. 

Ya they have to step it up in the playoffs, this year is better time than any. Very confident Josh/McD/Beane will have multiple rings when it's said and done

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

When the heat was on McDermott 5 weeks ago there were points being made with data that is record in one score games is not good when compared to his peers like Andy reed.  Because the point differential is so high it turns out the bills play in less one score games than some others because they win by multiple scores at a very high rate.  I am not sure how important that is when you consider only the chiefs actually have more wins over the last 4 years. 

great point

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is the stat that matters.  

But it is interesting how the Bills don't get blown out.  I'm not sure what that means.  Some of those close losses should have been wins, so that's bad.   But none of the close losses turn into big losses which suggests the Bills never give up and keep on fighting, which is good.  

Man, I hope we win one.

I don't want to look back and wonder what could have been - this group has had SO much success.

At the same time, I need to remember to enjoy this for what it is. We're so competitive each and every week. 

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Man, I hope we win one.

I don't want to look back and wonder what could have been - this group has had SO much success.

At the same time, I need to remember to enjoy this for what it is. We're so competitive each and every week. 

ya exactly, living in Giant/Jet country and hearing the fans on radio and in person really makes me appreciate this period even more

there's no doubt in my mind Allen/McD/Beane will win multiple chips

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is the stat that matters.  

But it is interesting how the Bills don't get blown out.  I'm not sure what that means.  Some of those close losses should have been wins, so that's bad.   But none of the close losses turn into big losses which suggests the Bills never give up and keep on fighting, which is good.  

As well as come up with great gameplans and adjustments 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I got curious ,So Buffalo officially have not lost by more than 1 score (7 points)for 61 consecutive regular season games! Yes 61!

Their last regular season loss over 1 score was 10/27/19 to the Eagles. 

That is mind blowing to me, I'd guess the next closest team is in the teens, think about this, 61 straight games , I'd guess that's an nfl record, it's unheard of for a team to do that in 1 season and we did it for 3.5🤯

The NFL should research and recognize this feat.. 

In that time span we had 8 playoff games and 2 were by more than 1 score, KC 2020, Cincy 2022 unfortunately

EDIT- It's 41 straight,  which still might be an nfl record. Somehow missed the 2021 beat down from Indy. Still an amazing feat nonetheless. Again, I'd be surprised if there's a team that's higher than the teens. Still a mind blowing stat to me that should be researched and recognized for all time

That's not correct. They lost to the Colts in a blowout at home in November of 2021. I've posted this many many times before actually.

However that is still well over 2 years now which is absurd considering how easy it is to lose by 7 or even 20 on an off day for other teams.

Edited by Big Turk

And the one score games are usually when the Bills are turning it over left and right and shooting themselves in the foot over and over.

That's the only way to beat the Bills. Unfortunately, that isn't too uncommon. We have a very mistake prone team.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's not correct. They lost to the Colts in a blowout at home in November of 2021. I've posted this many many times before actually.

However that is still well over 2 years now which is absurd considering how easy it is to lose by 7 or even 20 on an off day for other teams.

I know i corrected it on bottom of page. so it's 41 straight

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Man, I hope we win one.

All I’ve ever wanted is just one.  The funny thing is if/when Josh gets one, I have a feeling this team is going to win multiple SBs.  All the pressure will be off, and I feel like Josh will stop pressing in moments where he doesn’t need to.  Aka he’ll transcend to an even more dominant, mentally strong player.  Kind of like Jordan or LeBron transitioned their games throughout their career.

Our problem with the current team/franchise has not been the regular season, where we've generally done fine.  

Our problem has been in the playoffs. 

We're 0-4 in road playoff games. 

Of the four playoff games we've won, three are Wild-Card games, all four home games.  

Of those three games, two were against marginal playoff teams to begin with, all three at home.  10-7 New England with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Jakobi Meyers as their three top skill-position players, and 9-8 Miami with Skylar Thompson playing QB and JAG Jeff Wilson as a RB.  The other was against Indy, which outplayed us here at home with Rivers at QB and the rookie WR Pittman as their only decent WR.  

Miami was the 7th Seed, New England the 6th Seed, and Indy also the 7th Seed.  

The only solid playoff game we've played has been against Baltimore a week after that Indy game where we won 17-3, but where Baltimore, apart from Jackson and Andrews (TE) featured a bunch of mediocre all but JAG skill position players.  

The Ravens were the 5th Seed.  

To date we've never beaten a 1st thru 4th Seeded team.  

We have our work cut out for us this playoffs.  We're all hoping for a Super Bowl run, but our playoff history is somewhat sordid.  

Beating Pitt at home and the winner of the the KC/Miami game also at home are musts for this playoffs to be a success for us, at minimum.  Then if Baltimore gets upset, so would be a home game AFC CG win.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.