Shame on us! The Traveling Bills Mafia.

The “Shame on us” I take it is sarcasm. I live in South Florida and have for years. I’ve been to multiple Bills games at that stadium, always loaded with Bills fans. That take over of Ft. Lauderdale is not unusual either. Didn’t the guy that owned Salvatore’s Italian Gardens throw a big party every year in Ft. Lauderdale?

Bills Mafia did all the things that were required to put the Bills in the best position to win.

We performed all the rituals: drank and danced for 5 hours in the bus lot with thousands of us gathered, played all the songs, drank all the beers, ate all the food.

There's power in that

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C10RNPhLhfi/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

It got even wilder when the sun went down as you might imagine

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats

11 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I doubt it. They played here 2 years ago (Gabe Davis game) and then opened the season the year before that I think (lost that one). There was maybe 10% Steelers fans from what I could see. A drastic contrast to the 2013 Stevie Johnson drop game where it was at least 40% Steelers fans. Winning seems to cure that stuff*.

*Offer not valid in Florida

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Right.  It's a place were many western New Yorkers have moved to over the years.  I personally have two siblings (Bills fans of course) which moved for good to southern Florida.  You won't see it the other way around.  Not many move up here from down there.

Western New York's greatest export is people.  Every growing population center in the country has a large contingent of WNYers.

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I went here and read the posts, and a bunch of people commenting are saying that nothing can be done....but...didn’t the Bills ban folks with zip codes outside of WNY from buying tickets? Just curious as to how that's even possible under a free market system.

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I went here and read the posts, and a bunch of people commenting are saying that nothing can be done....but...didn’t the Bills ban folks with zip codes outside of WNY from buying tickets? Just curious as to how that's even possible under a free market system.

I am guessing here that many "season ticket holders" are really people or possibly companies that are in the resell business.  Once on the secondary market I don't think they can do that restriction.   That stadium is always loaded with other teams fans.  That team has an enormous online following.....look at the amount of posts on finheaven, look at pro bowl voting...a bunch of their guys got in cause of fan voting.  I guess their fans are more keyboard warriors than people who actually show up to the games.  They never fill that thing with Dolphins fans and it is embarrassing for them.   I just think it is probably because Dolphins "fans" dont own many of the season tickets.

All one has to do is look at our reactions when the Leafs are in town and ticket holders sell their tickets for crazy prices.

Half or more of the rinks capacity is filled with the enemy's fans.

But, what can you do?

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Too bad you can't limit who buys your ticket. Didn't the Bills try to stop opposing zip codes from buying tickets in the past?

I'll never forget the a$$-whole Eagles fans who sat with me at the Ralph a few years ago.  They were worse than obnoxious and continued to rub it in after we lost (knowing full well that Bills fans wouldn't kick their teeth in.)

I thought about these guys when the Eagles got stomped by the Giants this past weekend.

Edited by Dan Darragh

9 hours ago, chris heff said:

The “Shame on us” I take it is sarcasm. I live in South Florida and have for years. I’ve been to multiple Bills games at that stadium, always loaded with Bills fans. That take over of Ft. Lauderdale is not unusual either. Didn’t the guy that owned Salvatore’s Italian Gardens throw a big party every year in Ft. Lauderdale?

I asked this question in another thread over the weekend but never got a response.  Does anybody know if Russ Salvatore stopped throwing those Bills parties?  That was such a big thing before but I didn't hear any talk about it this year

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I asked this question in another thread over the weekend but never got a response.  Does anybody know if Russ Salvatore stopped throwing those Bills parties?  That was such a big thing before but I didn't hear any talk about it this year

Per the Buffalo News:
"Buffalo restaurateur Russell Salvatore, who throws a welcoming party every year in Miami when the Bills play there, wrote on Facebook that it is “booked solid.”

“Had I known of the great response, I would have rented the Miami Convention Center,” Salvatore wrote. “It kills me to have to say no to people.”

Looks like his tradition continued this year 😀

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/bills-fans-paying-heavy-price-for-last-minute-plans-to-miami/article_b43f7c16-aa43-11ee-b2c0-d703b9ae4df6.html

Edited by Returntoglory
Link added
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.