Bumper Stickers

todd

I've noticed that if you see a car that has more than two or three bumper stickers on it, they are usually liberal-themed. Do this the next time you are driving around: Spot a car with lots of bumper stickers, get a little closer and see if they are lefty bumper stickers. My research over that past weeks tells me that 75% of the time they are lefty liberal things..

What is it about liberals and their damn bumper stickers? Is it because their philosophy can be containted in short phrases? And why is it that lefties feel they need to advertise their anti-(insert right wing policy here) stance on the back of their car? Could it be that the righties aren't creative enough to come up with catchy phrases that can sum up their political beliefs so succinctly?

I know you all know what I mean. There's the "bake sale for a battleship" one, the various greenpeace ones, the myriad of anti-Bush ones, etc. Often times you'll see Phish window art to complement the liberal bumper stickers. What's the deal with that? Are all Phish fans liberal?

There's also the "Support our Troops" ribbon things, which are really magnets. The magnets, IMHO, signify a much weaker dedication to supporting our troops than a stick-on product. The stickers are much more permanent, and show a REAL dedication to whatever cause you choose to display on the back of your car.

Anyone else notice this? Damn liberals and their bumper stickers! Friggin ruining america and polluting the thoughts of anyone who is close enough to read them.

Saw one of those today as a matter of fact. Had like 5 of them but I only remember the 'Peace is Patriotic' and 'You Can't Legislate Morality' ones. The 'You Can't Legislate Morality' is the only one I needed to see to discern that the guy is a liberal maroon. All laws are attempts at legislating morality, what you can't do is make an individual moral through legislation. Big difference.

I've noticed that if you see a car that has more than two or three bumper stickers on it, they are usually liberal-themed. Do this the next time you are driving around: Spot a car with lots of bumper stickers, get a little closer and see if they are lefty bumper stickers. My research over that past weeks tells me that 75% of the time they are lefty liberal things..

What is it about liberals and their damn bumper stickers? Is it because their philosophy can be containted in short phrases? And why is it that lefties feel they need to advertise their anti-(insert right wing policy here) stance on the back of their car? Could it be that the righties aren't creative enough to come up with catchy phrases that can sum up their political beliefs so succinctly?

I know you all know what I mean. There's the "bake sale for a battleship" one, the various greenpeace ones, the myriad of anti-Bush ones, etc. Often times you'll see Phish window art to complement the liberal bumper stickers. What's the deal with that? Are all Phish fans liberal?

There's also the "Support our Troops" ribbon things, which are really magnets. The magnets, IMHO, signify a much weaker dedication to supporting our troops than a stick-on product. The stickers are much more permanent, and show a REAL dedication to whatever cause you choose to display on the back of your car.

Anyone else notice this? Damn liberals and their bumper stickers! Friggin ruining america and polluting the thoughts of anyone who is close enough to read them.

355514[/snapback]

I think the only thing dumber than plastering your car with political slogans is bitching about people who do...

WHO CARES??? THEY'RE BUMPER STICKERS!!!! :doh:

I think the only thing dumber than plastering your car with political slogans is bitching about people who do...

WHO CARES???  THEY'RE BUMPER STICKERS!!!!  :doh:

355547[/snapback]

Actually I thought it was more of a comical observation, but whatever. Apparently YOU cared enough to read AND reply.

355514[/snapback]

This is hardly a liberal thing. Think back to when Clinton was president. Maybe it is just a regional thing, but down in Texas, there were plenty of anti-Clinton, "pro-life", pro-creationism bumper stickers. People have a need to let everyone know that they don't approve with popular opinion...it can get you shot at in many states!

Trust me, when your car is getting appraised at a car lot, bumper stickers hurt the value of the car.

Not that I would have UA'd the car because it had a Liberal sticker on it or anything................

355578[/snapback]

liberal bumper stickers are easy to get rid of and therefore don't significantly lower the resale value of the care

what really lowers the resale value is that liberal smell

Ever see the car with the bumper sticker that is completely crooked? I see these all the time in Austin.

It's like the angry liberal was so consumed with his/her hatred for W that their hands couldn't stop shaking when putting the "I love bush but I hate the President" sticker on the car.

If you can't even get a sticker on your car straight, your goofy opinions probably won't impress me.

yes, but that's "good" liberal.  :lol:  :lol:

355727[/snapback]

Unless the windstream blows them back over you ears..... :lol:

Oops.... :doh:

Sorry, Aussie...I just had the mental picture, in general (actually, the mental image was quite funny). If we are ever in the same place at the same time, I'd be happy to buy your rack of lamb and Merlot. and I'm not a bad dancer. ;)

This is hardly a liberal thing.  Think back to when Clinton was president.  Maybe it is just a regional thing, but down in Texas, there were plenty of anti-Clinton,

355576[/snapback]

since hillary has made such strides right of center....those are still probably liberals driving those cars. :doh:

I have a spot of clear coat missing on my '94 Chrysler... Right in the middle of the trunk above the key hole... Makes a perfect spot for one of those BFLO stickers!

Then again, I drive my cars forever, not uncommon to get over 200k on them... Something pretty major has to go for me to puke one.

Have you done your research with ribbons? My guess the patriotic ones that festoon some cars would skew your results?

The have ribbons that are stickers too... To trick people to swipe them? :P;)

:flirt:

I have a spot of clear coat missing on my '94 Chrysler... Right in the middle of the trunk above the key hole... Makes a perfect spot for one of those BFLO stickers!

Then again, I drive my cars forever, not uncommon to get over 200k on them... Something pretty major has to go for me to puke one.

Have you done your research with ribbons?  My guess the patriotic ones that festoon some cars would skew your results?

The have ribbons that are stickers too... To trick people to swipe them? :P  ;)

355848[/snapback]

(cough) you're ah...getting a little psychotic again...

Sorry!

I guess 3 cherry cokes, a subway sandwich, and a candy bar on long hot 2nd shift on the sh*t ditch will do it do you?  If it weren't for the exhibitionist babes on the PC's things would be a washout!

355852[/snapback]

Pics?

Ever see the car with the bumper sticker that is completely crooked?  I see these all the time in Austin.

It's like the angry liberal was so consumed with his/her hatred for W that their hands couldn't stop shaking when putting the "I love bush but I hate the President" sticker on the car.

If you can't even get a sticker on your car straight, your goofy opinions probably won't impress me.

355612[/snapback]

:flirt: I can confirm that this is true.

Dude have you ever seen that Alex Jones guy or Perry Logan on Austin public TV?

Talk about goofy, psychotic opinions. :P

My favorite bumper sticker: seen on my first day home from work in my new job when I first moved to Dallas:

"I'd rather be shooting Yankees."

It was then that I realized that some people really have not gotten over the Civil War. I thought it was a joke. After almost ten years in Texas I found out otherwise.

My favorite bumper sticker:  seen on my first day home from work in my new job when I first moved to Dallas:

"I'd rather be shooting Yankees."

It was then that I realized that some people really have not gotten over the Civil War.  I thought it was a joke.  After almost ten years in Texas I found out otherwise.

356069[/snapback]

i saw my all time favorite bumper sticker after i moved to the south too

Eat more GRITS...Girls Raised In The South

I'm doing my part.  :flirt:

356121[/snapback]

So will you still be at UT in the fall of 2006? Because my daughter graduates next spring and may well be headed there...

I'll just need to warn her is all.

i saw my all time favorite bumper sticker after i moved to the south too

Eat more GRITS...Girls Raised In The South

356119[/snapback]

Yeahhhhhh...Bubba. I love it when the "True Yankees" make fun of the south. Means they won't be stopping by. I wish I were back in Savannah. It's getting warm enough now that there's certainly a lot of minor car wrecks from guys watching the sidewalks.

I love 'em so much, I married one. Good women, too. Whatever else happens in my life, I'll always be truly grateful for being happy for 12 years.

They don't call them "Buffarillos" for nothing.

(Disclaimer: This was not meant to insult Buffalo women, or anyone associated with them. There are some truly pretty gals up there - but there are also a bunch of stuck up regionalized men who don't know what they are missing. Good.)

So will you still be at UT in the fall of 2006?  Because my daughter graduates next spring and may well be headed there...

I'll just need to warn her is all.

356145[/snapback]

Fresh meat! woooohooooo.

lol, just kidding. But if you have any questions about UT and need some answers just ask (hell, I work at the ITS Helpdesk there, everyone asks us everything in regards to the University anyway. They see help and go "YAY THERES WHERE I CAN GET HELP")

Yeahhhhhh...Bubba. I love it when the "True Yankees" make fun of the south. Means they won't be stopping by. I wish I were back in Savannah. It's getting warm enough now that there's certainly a lot of minor car wrecks from guys watching the sidewalks.

I love 'em so much, I married one. Good women, too. Whatever else happens in my life, I'll always be truly grateful for being happy for 12 years.

They don't call them "Buffarillos" for nothing.

(Disclaimer: This was not meant to insult Buffalo women, or anyone associated with them. There are some truly pretty gals up there - but there are also a bunch of stuck up regionalized men who don't know what they are missing. Good.)

356148[/snapback]

The ratio of hotass women in the south compared to the north is definitely around 10:1.