Will Buffalo vs Miami be flexed to Sunday night??

Special K

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

The league will wait until Sunday's results. If the Bills and Ravens win, then you might hear something on the CBS postgame show after the 1:00 games have ended or halftime/postgame of the 4:25 game. But you probably will hear the news on the SNF show. Either pregame show, halftime show, and definitely by the postgame show. You could also hear the news during the SNF broadcast. I could see Tirico saying something during the game "And we will be in Miami next week for an AFCE showdown between the Bills and Dolphins" or whatever other game they decide to put on SNF.

My guess is the AFC side will be announced sometime during FNIA. If both SEA (vs PIT, maybe) and LAR (at NYG, expected) win, someone is getting eliminated on SNF this week (either GB or MIN) so the NFC side may wait until it gets close to the end of SNF. In any case the Week 18 schedule should be announced during SNF: before, during, or after.

• Like (+1) 1

Doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t, winning that game is what matters. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I think there's a decent chance that it'll be on Saturday instead, as the outcome of several Sunday games could impact the importance of it.

They don't want to make the decision to flex the game to Sunday night and then have the outcomes of those games render the Bills-Phins game less meaningful.

So, perhaps....LIVE, FROM MIAMI, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!

ysqipEyp2kib9XPj.jpg:large

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I thought there were no sun night games week 18?

Or is that just Monday?

I figured it would be sat night or 4:25 on sunday

Teams that need help from other teams will play at the same time. Think about the 2017 bills who needed help. But in that year, there was no stand alone win and in games for anybody, so they didnt do SNF. Its possible that can happen, and NBC just loses a game.

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

Teams that need help from other teams will play at the same time.

Last year SEA needed help from DET to make the playoffs, but SEA played late and Game 272 (actually 271) was DET-GB. It was thought DET would have no motivation to win, having been eliminated earlier by the SEA win, but they played hard and beat GB, knocking GB from the playoffs. So the reality is the NFL wants the best game on SNF.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Special K said:

If the Bills win this week, and the Fins lose, the Buffalo/Miami game has to be a lock to be flexed to SNF right??

I don’t have the schedule in front of me, but I can’t think there would be a more compelling game than a game with the AFC East and the #2 seed up for grabs.

The only fly in the ointment would be if CBS was able to block the league from flexing the game.

Thoughts??

No…..

Bille win Mimi lose is for the division….it likely will be on Saturday night. If on Sunday , one team coukd rest starters if thry know win or lose they play each other again the following week in a 3-6/2-7 game.

winner take all games are the  candidates.  For example….

Rams -49ers. Rams E for WC. 49ers win for bye.

if KC lose bnext week and both DEN and Vegas W thrn the den/ vegas win get division if kc lose. Kc/ LA game could be on Sunday night

if JAX L, and hours/ Indy win thrn hou/ Indy winner gets division title or go home.

pitt/ balt could be a game where pitt must win for WC, they lose another team can get it while balt Ned’s to win for div/ bye

There are scenarios where team needs to win for playoffs, lose they are out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

Its a lock

Not if miami wins against BALT or bills lose to pats.

If it is for the division, then most likely a lock.

I also wouldn't rule out if the NFC south has a win or go home matchup for the division, as the NFL tends to trend towards those games on the last sunday night of the year.

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Sal Capaccio said that he thinks it will be a game where the winner is in and loser is out. If the Bills clinch this week, I don't think it happens. I think you will see something like Texans vs Colts or something like that. I think Bills vs Dolphins gets Saturday night

That is priority #1 in a choice.

HOU/IND if they both W can be for a WC or div title

BUFW/MIA L can be for div title but they could be stuck in a WC rematch so neither may be playing their stars.

9 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

No…..

Bille win Mimi lose is for the division….it likely will be on Saturday night. If on Sunday , one team coukd rest starters if thry know win or lose they play each other again the following week in a 3-6/2-7 game.

If BUF-MIA is for the division, both teams will play hard knowing it is for HFA the following week. Plus, the two teams hate each other 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

No…..

winner take all games are the  candidates.  For example….

Rams -49ers. Rams E for WC. 49ers win for bye.

if KC lose bnext week and both DEN and Vegas W thrn the den/ vegas win get division if kc lose. Kc/ LA game could be on Sunday night

if JAX L, and hours/ Indy win thrn hou/ Indy winner gets division title or go home.

pitt/ balt could be a game where pitt must win for WC, they lose another team can get it while balt Ned’s to win for div/ bye

There are scenarios where team needs to win for playoffs, lose they are out.

Who is Bille & Mimi?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.