OT: Just moved in with my girlfriend

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're exactly right.  I watched something on this on Discovery a few years back where they used infra red cameras and showed just what happens when you flush your toilet with the lid up.  If any of you ever catch that show I assure you will never flush with the lid up again.

355127[/snapback]

It's nasty, stevestojan flies all over the place.

Here is the best tip i can give you.  This is what my pastor told me before i got married.  Think of the worst offense your girlfriend could ever commit against you,....and forgive her for it now...before it ever happens.  That offense may never come....but you need to know in advance that you have it within you to forgive.    If you can't,... end it now, and move on.

355079[/snapback]

That is some deep stuff right there. That one smacked me upside the face.

t-r

That is some deep stuff right there.  That one smacked me upside the face. 

t-r

The worst thing I can think of is my wife leaves me for another guy. Now HOW in the hell am I supposed to forgive her for that?! But as some of you may remember, I told my wife I'd kill her if she ever cheated on me, and that's worked so far. :doh:

I've been married 40 years. A couple of them were actually pretty happy. No, just kidding. Here's my advice:

Become best friends.

Keep separate checking accounts.

Take joint vacations.

If you have a choice of having kids or dogs, take the dogs.

355263[/snapback]

This is, without a doubt, the best advice you can get.

Strongly suggest that she keep her girlfriends and spend time going out with them and traveling and doing things with them. If she doesn't, make her.

Make sure that you both understand that moving in means that instead of two separate lives, there is now NOT ONE (us) there are THREE (us, you and me), and all three of them must have some time and lives of their own.

Make sure that you both understand that moving in means that instead of two separate lives, there is now NOT ONE (us) there are THREE (us, you and me), and all three of them must have some time and lives of their own.

355484[/snapback]

Good.... Very good.... too many people think moving in with a lover is going to be some casual thing. It scared the hell out of me at first, but now I'm happy and comfortable.

I Just want you to hear this pre move in because you have to take the good with the bad. Maybe I am the only one who has had problems, but somehow I doubt it. Here is a few from my most recent disaster from last year.

Two years into a relationship and 25 years old, I thought I had found the perfect girl. Beautiful, Intelligent, similar interests and really my best friend. Gave me space as i did of her. Always enjoyed each others time and made the most of it. Eventually, we both found jobs in NYC moved together and the HELL began.

First, the toilet seat thing is ridiculous. I follow the rules and all, but sometimes guys forget. Not on purpose, but it happens. For me it happens alot. Not on purpose but usually after I'm done I flush wash my hands and grab another beer. It's kind of a routine. That is no reason to freak out. Am I allowed to yell when her make up/beauty products/pictures/magazines/clothes/books are scattered about at 6:00 am when I have to be at work at 8:00 and can't find my DAMN socks?

Second, get prepared to watch alot of things you don't like. I was forced to sit on the couch atleast once a week, when there were two tv's in the house and watch some silly program that she deemed appropriate. There was baseball. There were movies we could rent or go see. WE LIVED IN NYC for heaven's sake!!! The only time we could leave the house was for me to buy something that had to have or to do something that she liked? (Big Mets fan, bought tickets to go to shea 10 times, she wouldn't go with me once. Loved the Bills, but hated baseball and wouldn't compromise).

Third, you will take on the more substantial financial burden and I don't mean by a little. You are expected to "go the extra mile" way more often then she is.

Fourth, Secrets. You think you have secrets because you are still friends with that girl you dated in college. Although you may not call each other or live on the same continent, you emailing her makes you feel like it will make her mad so you keep that information all to yourself. Meanwhile, the secrets she's piling up are absolutely astonomical.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, she is going to go through every single thing you have ever owned. She's gonna smell it. She's gonna study it. She's gonna taste it. She's gonna send it to the lab for testing. Seriously. Then she is going to accuse you of looking at every pretty girl that is with in 5 miles of where ever you are.

Now I'm 26 man and I as much as I'd like to believe I have it all figured out, I know there is ALOT out there I still want to experience. At 22, you have to believe you have alot more to go out there and experience for yourself. I am not a hater and if you really love this women, by all means take the plunge. Just know that you guys are going to want to rip each other's throats out at times and you'd better be willing to deal with that.

t-r

One last thing, lock your computer. The night before Thanksgiving I didn't lock my computer. Those old emails from my friend that she found 'on accident' led her to want to go in different directions. Chris, my replacement who had been hand chosen before my demise, helped me move out 4 days before Christmas.

They're engaged.

Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

The funny thing about it is all the stuff I found out later. I'm not including any of it as it may just be that I dated a 'generous lover'. I can't proclaim that ALL women are this way.

SOME ARE and you have to be ready to handle that. You'll never see it coming due to the fact that you are a man. Is it me or are girls way better at being sneaky?

t-r

Let me clarify some things for the weak. I’ve been married for over 15 years. The rule on toilet seats is this, LOOK BEFORE YOU GO. Pretty simple. I’ve heard the wife scream before on this one. And so have I. Some of you are real kitty’s.

Its all about communication, !@#$ all that other blather.

Damn, 22, don’t do it. DONT DO IT!!!!!

Let me clarify some things for the weak. I’ve been married for over 15 years. The rule on toilet seats is this, LOOK BEFORE YOU GO. Pretty simple. I’ve heard the wife scream before on this one. And so have I. Some of you are real kitty’s.

Its all about communication, !@#$ all that other blather.

Damn, 22, don’t do it. DONT DO IT!!!!!

355814[/snapback]

So totally true!

Now leaving a sliver of TP on the roll with the stash in the vanity gone and the other rolls in the linen closet 20' away... IS ANOTHER STORY! :P;)

:flirt: