Hitting Jenny Finch

I was a pretty good baseball player back in high school and was friends with the best pitcher on our softball team. She bet me that she could strike me out. I laughed thinking how could I not hit that huge fricking ball that is thrown underhand by a GIRL!

one-two-three strikes. NEver got a peice of it. The ball comes a wicked angles, the pitcher is about 40' away, and the windup was confusing.

This article is about a reporter trying to hit of Jenny Finch. Going spinning!

It's a great read - very good writing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I had about 15 minutes to kill, and I turned on ESPN to veg out for awhile. I was bummed when I saw that women's softball was on. But, noticing that it was the deciding game of the NCAA Softball Championship Series, and that the score was tied in the bottom of the 7th (the last inning in softball), I decided to watch for a few minutes later. Next thing I realize, about a half hour had passed and I watched until Michigan upset two-time defending champs UCLA in the 10th inning. It was actually very interesting to watch -- outstanding pitching, good coaching, different strategic situations than baseball.

And no, I never want to face an elite women's softball pitcher in the batter's box. Even though I was an all-star baseball player back in the day, those chicks would fan me no problem.

Back when I played slow pitched softball I decided to try my luck in a fast pitched league. My first at bat was against a guy in his late fifties, took the first pitch for a strike, fouled off the second, and as I was sitting on a fast ball he threw me a knuckleball that I probably could have swung at five times. Made me feel like an idiot. He just laughed at me.

Back when I played slow pitched softball I decided to try my luck in a fast pitched league. My first at bat was against a guy in his late fifties, took the first pitch for a strike, fouled off the second, and as I was sitting on a fast ball he threw me a knuckleball that I probably could have swung at five times. Made me feel like an idiot. He just laughed at me.

354830[/snapback]

didn't kow it was possible to throw a knuckle ball underhand. With that jerky windup in fast-pitch softball that ball must be impossible to hit.

Piazza, Sexson, Dimitri Young, Mike Cameron, ALBERT PUJOLS all K'd against her.

Here's a quote from the article------

In all, about 30 big-leaguers have stepped into the batter's box against three-time All-American/gold medal-winning Olympian/National Pro Fastpitch star Jennie Finch, and only two players -- Sean Casey and Scott Spiezio -- even made contact.

Here's a recent article about hitting her.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...gene&id=2080969

Piazza, Sexson, Dimitri Young, Mike Cameron, ALBERT PUJOLS all K'd against her.

Here's a quote from the article------

In all, about 30 big-leaguers have stepped into the batter's box against three-time All-American/gold medal-winning Olympian/National Pro Fastpitch star Jennie Finch, and only two players -- Sean Casey and Scott Spiezio -- even made contact.

355128[/snapback]

LOL! That article is why i started this thread and it is linked above.

I just found that article very well written. I felt the author's fear as he stood in the box.