Re-asking: Uber-ing to/from Highmark

ProcessTruster

Will be in town Dallas weekend.   Apologies for bringing this up again.   How is the experience uber ing to and from games?   My thinking is that getting to the site is easy enough via Uber , but thinking to toddle/stumble over to the Big Tree Inn after the game (is it packed after games?), wait out the crowds a bit then Uber back to Eggertsville.   Someone mentioned only one spot somewhere to get Ubers , but isn't that on the ECC lot that is now the construction site?   Any input appreciated.  Go bills

If you’re planning to get one after the game and plan to head to Big Tree you’ll need to wait at least 90min or 2hr+ for an Uber to get to you at Big Tree. Abbott will be shut down going one direction and traffic diverted one direction as well for a good 90min to 2hr. Waiting it out is your only option if you plan on getting picked up from there. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Will be in town Dallas weekend.   Apologies for bringing this up again.   How is the experience uber ing to and from games?   My thinking is that getting to the site is easy enough via Uber , but thinking to toddle/stumble over to the Big Tree Inn after the game (is it packed after games?), wait out the crowds a bit then Uber back to Eggertsville.   Someone mentioned only one spot somewhere to get Ubers , but isn't that on the ECC lot that is now the construction site?   Any input appreciated.  Go bills

As @mrags said, plan on at least two hour wait. Only caveat is night games, sometimes can’t get one even after 2 hours. But 4:25 game should be no worries. 

On 12/8/2023 at 7:58 AM, mrags said:

If you’re planning to get one after the game and plan to head to Big Tree you’ll need to wait at least 90min or 2hr+ for an Uber to get to you at Big Tree. Abbott will be shut down going one direction and traffic diverted one direction as well for a good 90min to 2hr. Waiting it out is your only option if you plan on getting picked up from there. 

thanks!!  forgot about Abbott only one way towards 219 after game.  

I Ubered multiple times last 4 years because I also attended the game from out of the town.  I suggest that you get to the stadium at least 2 hours early and get off before the stadium.  I usually got off Abbott rd and Milestrip Rd.  it is about 30 minute walk to the Stadium.  After the game, walk to the assigned Uber pickup (Erie Community College parking) which is west of the stadium.  Now is the difficult part and you need to be patient, once i called uber it took me anywhere from 30-45 minutes get a ride.  Exiting traffic is depends on the how the game ends.  The ride to Hyatt Place in Amherst took 60-90 minutes.  Good luck and have safe trip.  

On 12/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

The last Uber I took smelled like Lysol disinfectant spray. I got a lot of compliments at Salvators 

Someone probably puked it in before you got picked up.  Saw a video one time of an Uber driver showing how he does a quick clean up so he can get back in service.  One step was spraying Lysol.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.