Looking back to Bills at Chiefs in Oct 2022

Ray Stonada

Only 14 months ago, the Bills played the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Both teams were 4-1, it was a rematch of the titanic 13 seconds game eight months earlier. I rewatched. What I didn't remember about last season's game is the amount of resilience Buffalo showed, how many times the Chiefs had a big play but we just. kept. coming. back.

Start of the game, we drove the field to their 14 yard line, when McKenzie fumbled a lateral pass from Josh. Big momentum change against us. But later in the first, the Chiefs drove the field to our 9, where Mahomes drifted, drifted, let fly for JuJu... and was picked off by Kaiir Elam. Second quarter, Mahomes ran around for 7 seconds, threw back across the field for Juju, who broke a tackle and went for a 42 yard touchdown. We fought back: with less than 20 seconds left in the half, Josh Allen threw a technically perfect rainbow for a 34-yard Gabe Davis touchdown, who was one-on-one with a rookie CB.

The Chiefs drove the field in 15 seconds (MCDERMOTT! GRRRRRRR), and Harrison Butker hit a 62 yard field goal against the wind, as time expired in the first half. Traumatic return of the 13 seconds problem. No matter. Third quarter, Josh Allen threw a SECOND perfect rainbow, this time from the 17, for a touchdown for Diggs. No one who watched this game could call Josh Allen anything but one of the best and smartest QBs you'll see.

Chiefs came right back and got another TD pass to JuJu. We fought back AGAIN: after a clutch drive with a big pass to Diggs, and then a sick Josh Allen power run with a clean leap over the defender for the first down. At the two minute warning, Allen hit Dawson Knox with his third superb touchdown pass of the game. Still lots of time. But Von Miller who had two sacks got a good pressure, Mahomes threw a little off balance, Taron jumped it for the INT. Game over and a great defensive stop to end it.

You could see how this team, under Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs, is resiliient as hell. I felt really proud of them. 

Then thought of all they have overcome since, so many great players going down, a near death on the field, and so much more. Refs who call ABSURD intentional grounding on Allen among many other issues.

Most of all, this team somehow keeps fighting hard despite coaches who time and time again put them in bad positions, don't adjust to opponents and make it so much more difficult to win close games.

These players can go all the way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you guys are going to redeem this season, you've caught KC it a good time.  We got problems.  

The Bills problems are MUCH bigger.

There is a reason why the Bills are 6-6 and staring at the continuation of a VERY DISAPPOINTING season. 

The Bills are incredibly un-clutch, for starters, and if this game is close.. Chiefs win. 

Edited by njbuff

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you guys are going to redeem this season, you've caught KC it a good time.  We got problems.  

We both have problems. One difference is that we’re two games out of a playoff spot with five to go, and you’re in your customary seat with the best record in the AFC. Yet your season point differential is +67, while ours is +101. Depressing for us.

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

We both have problems. One difference is that we’re two games out of a playoff spot with five to go, and you’re in your customary seat with the best record in the AFC. Yet your season point differential is +67, while ours is +101. Depressing for us.

Chiefs are third in the AFC rn

Dolphins are first

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have played them so many times the last few years at arrowhead I honestly could not remember who won that game until I looked it up. Hopefully we get sugar rush Kermit. 

I know. The two games we won there, 2021 and 2022, were blurred in my mind till this week. The losses are all clear memories though 😭

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.