The Good, The Sad, The Ugly, The Joe Brady Era Begins Edition

Chaos

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I’d add yet another game where Von was a non factor. Honestly at this point he’s taking snaps from more productive players. He’s not close to ready and I’m not sure why they keep putting him out there. 

I know it appears to be that way, right now he still has the brace on his knee which doesn't allow him any bend and he's stated this in countless interviews. I think he said it can come off around Thanksgiving but don't quote me, the thought is he'll be his normal self once that happens but getting on the field and getting game reps is 100% needed for him also regardless. If he's still playing like this after the brace is off then I'll be for this 100% but I'm hoping that wont be the case.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

The Good:

1. The Bills seemed prepared, focused and put forward a professional effort today.  This is the first time in many weeks, one can confidently say that. 
  2. The offense was outstanding. 
  3. The defense was outstanding
  4. Josh Allen proved once again that that fact they he can't single handedly win the game every week does not mean there is anything wrong with him.  He was A+
  5. The play calling and rythym was much improved
  6. There were several plays on offense that seemed much better designed than we had been seeing. Don't know if these were in the playbook and not called, or if these are Brady rather than Dorsey plays
  7. Some of the plays mentioned in 6, involved there being wide open receivers.  This is wonderful development.  The Bills join the other 31 teams in having some plays like this now. 
  8. This sounds a bit back handed to include in the "good" section, but the McDermott defense works best when the offense makes the other team one-dimensional, which it was able to do today.  And the opponent is not great.  But any time you hold an NFL team to six points the defensive performance is outstanding (see point 2).

The Sad:

1. This is on me more than the team.  But being a Bill's fan for many decades has included many "coulda beens".  Watching the turnaround today did bring a bit of upset about that if the Bills hadn't  3 blown fourth quarter losses and Overtime collapse in the first Jets game, the would be full speed ahead towards the AFC's number 1 seed.  But as it is as far as I am concerned unless the get a 6th loss, they will be 12-5 which should be enough to secure the AFC East again. 

The Ugly:

1. Tony Romo's inane commentary throughout the game.
  2. Typical bad NFL officiating. Not sure what the answer to this is and I don't know what changed.  But it has not always been this way. 
  3. Kicking game.  Bass and Martin are not dependable.  This is a volatile combination with a head coach that historically struggles with decision making in the final moments of tight games. 

That was as perfect a game as the Bills could have played. Executed flawlessly and called the right plays every time. 

I wouldn’t expect them to win out, that’s highly unlikely. Not when facing tough clubs coming up in Philly, KC and even Dallas. I think the Bills get a wildcard but the losses to NE, Denver, and the Jets will come back to bite them for the AFC East title.

The sad to me would be the player taken out in the ambulance. (That happened when I was taking the trash out so I completely missed the play just saw him giving the thumbs up as he was put in.)

ugly well for me I thought settling for FG early was going to bite the Bills in the butt.. tThen I remembered Wilson will do something dumb and bam! The first TD of the game for the Bills. It felt like the Jets D after that was like bleep this.. 

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

It’s a bad look to complain about coaches publicly. 

But to clearly give false over the top praise, multiple times, is not the answer.  If so, what can we trust out of the mouths of the people who do this nonsense?

The day after Dorsey was fired STEVE TASKER was indicating that this was a needed move--and each day after that he elaborated more and more on why, hitting on some of the big fundamental things so many have said, agreeing.

But up to that day, not a whiff of criticism, none, on any aspect of Dorsey's coaching.

Loses future credibility, as Romo did yesterday--what is their actual view?  We don't know because of the blather, so can't trus them going forward.

They don't have to criticize the incompetent man but could focus on the scheme, formations, play calling, use of personnel, game plan, in game changes, use of running game....................................

11 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

You’re high if you think we aren’t losing another game

Punch the breaks a little. It was a solid W over an inferior team, that’s it.

We are on to Philidelphia

It’s a resounding win over a team/defense that has historically given us trouble though… for some context.  I’m not sure your ‘that’s it’ is entirely accurate either. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.