The elephant in the room that there is no thread about - Josh Allen has a severe turnover problem

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

That's low INT numbers per season. EXTREMELY LOW.

5 INT for an entire season.

6 INT for an entire season.

12 INT for an entire season is respectable.

You probably hate Patrick Mahomes. That's why you singled him out among the other QBs I listed. So be it. But Josh Allen INT numbers per season aren't anything close to 9 and below.

I don’t hate Mahomes at all. I singled him out because he is a current QB and the best. I also know that his ints have been around the same as Josh last year and this year. 

you originally said that his ints have come down over the course. Obviously they haven’t. Now you are moving goal posts and trying to make up some narrative that I hate him. You lose. 

23 hours ago, Wraith said:

I think the Josh Allen turnover narrative is greatly overstated. Passing volume and randomness significantly affect people's perception. Your own link show's that Allen is much better than average at interception % for his career, despite supposedly being a gunslinger. Even this year, his interception rate is basically equal to Peyton Manning's career mark. 

The other thing is just random luck. Through the first eight weeks of the season, Allen had 8 interceptions and two fumbles on 7 total turn-over worthy plays, in the opinion of Pro Football Focus. That means that literally every mistake Allen was making was getting picked and then some. That is not a normal rate. Every quarterback benefits from defensive backs inability to reliably catch but this year randomness has not been in Allen's favor. Meanwhile, the Bills defense has not had an interception since the Miami game six weeks ago. How many picks did they drop against Baker Mayfield two weeks ago? My count was three.

seems like the law of averages is about to shine in the Bills favor

Allen has always been a turnover machine per se as evidenced by him leading the league since he's been in it.

But in the past this wasn't at the forefront because the team was winning games, and in some cases by large margins.

Not that this team is an also ran it's a major issue and all the more reason you need a true 'QB whisperer' offensive mind type as the next head coach in Buffalo if there is any real chance of a second super bowl window opening in the next 3 - 5 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.