Joe Brady - What Do We Expect?

Jukester

3 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Do you think Brady will have Kincaid run deeper routes who knows maybe a stretch the defense seem route to occupy a safety and open thing up for others. 

I’m tired of seeing Kincaid run 90% of his routes 4 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Everyone one needs to run deeper routes to push the defenders down the field and if they aren't open throw to the backs or Allen takes off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, gjv said:

I'm hoping Brady can improve the fundamentals of our skilled players. 

ya and get creative, let Josh audible as much as he wants , Dan Orlovsky had a great video on the 4th and short play how dysfunctional the fundamentals were on O. How we just put a man in motion for no reason for example and it was clear they were in zone and we ran an awful play vs zone where Josh either didn't recognize or wasn't able to audible

6 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Do you think Brady will have Kincaid run deeper routes who knows maybe a stretch the defense seem route to occupy a safety and open thing up for others. 

I’m tired of seeing Kincaid run 90% of his routes 4 yards from the line of scrimmage.

But I was told that he is running all routes (even though he longest catch is 22 yards - both his touchdowns). 

Next longest is 15 yards. 

I expect Brady to not get in a rut with play calling, and not call the same favorite plays over and over out of the same formations, basically letting the defense know what you're doing.  And not call the same 2 or 3 runs throughout a game.  And mix the runs in with the passes in an intelligent way instead of neglecting the run for a while and then running a bunch of times.  And asking Allen to get the ball out quickly and not overstressing the OL.  

Brady can't change the playbook but he can do a lot.  

Watched Joe Brady's press conference. He is a hell of a lot more articulate than Dorsey.

I couldn't believe how INARTICULATE Dorsey was! Stammering, stuttering, evading, incoherent guy when speaking. Either he wasn't aware, or he did not care about his poor public speaking. It seems a JOKE now that he was being considered for head-coaching gigs last year. How can a guy like that, who can barely speak, barely answer a question, be the face of a franchise?

Not to mention, if he can't communicate in a down-to-earth way to the press, how well is he going to communicate with his players? I know it does not directly correlate, but it's a reasonable question to ask. Communication skills are communication skills. Dorsey, judging by his press conferences, had PATHETIC communication skills 

"Yeah, no, yeah, no, yeah no, no yeah,"  over and over again. What a weird verbal tic. Why speak that way when performing public speaking engagements? It's part of your job (even if it's not the most important one." You should still try to get better at it.

Brady at least speaks confidently and commandingly. It may not translate into results. But at least you can listen to him speak without cringing. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.