Rumors swirling that Elam will be a scratch tonight for Norman. Trade coming?

Roundybout

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If they wanted to move him, they would have.  That's how I feel about it at this point.

Not sure exactly why they are keeping him if they don't want to play him but apparently they like something enough about him to not give up on a 1st round pick.  And I don't think it's hubris.  He's been good in game other than 1 or 2 games.  They just don't trust him in the system for some reason.

There is zero value in trading a 1st rounder who has flopped during his rookie deal. Might as well just keep benching him until he learns how to play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

There is zero value in trading a 1st rounder who has flopped during his rookie deal. Might as well just keep benching him until he learns how to play.

Well there is value if others value him enough but in regard to trading him for a late round pick, I agree.  He's just doing something that the coaching staff doesn't like at this point and he needs to fix it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t have moved Elam for anything less than a 4th, so if the offer were less .. I’m good with it.  

He’s likely the inactive CB4 from here on out and then we’ll see if Year 3 Kaiir Elam can become anything. 

Would rather take a shot on something finally clicking for an elite athlete at CB than give him away. 

Rather they just move him. McD got no faith in him so we are only holding on to him because of where he was drafted. Take what you can get and move on. 

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Rather they just move him. McD got no faith in him so we are only holding on to him because of where he was drafted. Take what you can get and move on. 

They got enough 6th round picks in my view…

You may as well hope he comes good… he definitely has the athletic attributes 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.