Beane reportedly looking for LB help (possible rumor)

BuffaloBillyG

18 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I seen enough of Dane to know when we need a stop he ain’t gonna be there to make a play. Last year he was an easy target on 3rd and long for opposing teams. Everyone making a big deal about Elam getting worked by Ridley, Dane was getting worked by Zay before he got injured and left the game. 

Benford gets beat regularly and takes a couple penalties regularly. 

Competition is only gonna get harder at this point and I don’t believe either are gonna hold up. Gonna be like late last season. Jmo

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Im not saying they won’t struggle more with a team like the Bengals, but they’re not struggling now.  

Both eye tests and data/metrics say Jackson is about average and Benford has played above average.  

Well, I looked up the stats this season because I thought Benford had played pretty well at least.

Benny is currently allowing a 70% completion percentage and a 105 passer rating.

Dane is actually even worse, 88% and 120 passer rating.

2 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Braves fan here - think he is referring to the 2021 Braves that made like four deals near/at the deadline (including acquiring three brand new outfielders).  They went on to win the World Series that year.

He could have said Paul Sewald.  That’s pretty recent.

5 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Braves fan here - think he is referring to the 2021 Braves that made like four deals near/at the deadline (including acquiring three brand new outfielders).  They went on to win the World Series that year.

That's exactly what I meant. And good on them for being bold. But you can do that in MLB where teams will actually sell and teams don't really play systems. In the NFL, you cannot remake a team at the deadline.

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Well, I looked up the stats this season because I thought Benford had played pretty well at least.

Benny is currently allowing a 70% completion percentage and a 105 passer rating.

Dane is actually even worse, 88% and 120 passer rating.

This has been him almost every week, so I’m not sure where the disconnect in evaluation is. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This has been him almost every week, so I’m not sure where the disconnect in evaluation is. 

My stat was only through 7 games, and advanced defensive targets can be pretty skewed game to game due to the limited sample size.

But I agree, to my eye Benny has been pretty good.  Although, I think he was in coverage on the Mike Evans helmet TD.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

That pass rating against stat some sources use is 100% subjective outside of in one on one man coverage situations. There, I put it nicely. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.