Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I did not realize how bad October 7th was for Israel. 1200 dead from the terrorist attack would be the US equivalent of 42000 per capita. How does anyone argue against the fact that Hamas needs to be ended by any means necessary? 

The entire nation is in mourning while astroturf demonstrators chant "from the river to the sea" across EU and the USA.  Tick Tockers quoting Bin Ladans letter.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

19 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I did not realize how bad October 7th was for Israel. 1200 dead from the terrorist attack would be the US equivalent of 42000 per capita. How does anyone argue against the fact that Hamas needs to be ended by any means necessary? 

What would the per capita dead be for Palestinians in American population terms? 150,000? 

The hostages Israel is releasing: 

The Israeli government on Wednesday published a list of 300 Palestinian prisoners for possible release, as Israel is offering a potential second phase of exchanges.

The list includes the ages of the prisoners, and the charges on which they are being held – throwing stones and “harming regional security” are among the most common.

Others are listed as detained for supporting illegal terror organizations, illegal weapons charges, incitement, and at least two accusations of attempted murder. Some of the people are listed as being members of Hamas and other Islamic militant groups, but many of the prisoners are not listed as belonging to any organization.

Most of the Palestinian prisoners listed as eligible for release are male teenagers aged 16 to 18 – children under the United Nations definition – although a handful are as young as 14. Some 33 are women, according to a CNN count.

This release will constitute a fraction of the Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/middleeast/palestinian-prisoners-potential-release-intl-cmd/index.html

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The hostages Israel is releasing: 

The Israeli government on Wednesday published a list of 300 Palestinian prisoners for possible release, as Israel is offering a potential second phase of exchanges.

The list includes the ages of the prisoners, and the charges on which they are being held – throwing stones and “harming regional security” are among the most common.

Others are listed as detained for supporting illegal terror organizations, illegal weapons charges, incitement, and at least two accusations of attempted murder. Some of the people are listed as being members of Hamas and other Islamic militant groups, but many of the prisoners are not listed as belonging to any organization.

Most of the Palestinian prisoners listed as eligible for release are male teenagers aged 16 to 18 – children under the United Nations definition – although a handful are as young as 14. Some 33 are women, according to a CNN count.

This release will constitute a fraction of the Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/middleeast/palestinian-prisoners-potential-release-intl-cmd/index.html

As of 2019, Arab citizens of Israel composed 21 percent of the country's total population. About 82 percent of the Arab population in Israel are Sunni Muslims, a very small minority are Shia Muslims, another 9 percent are Druze, and around 9 percent are Christian

“harming regional security” is similar to "assaulting a cop" here.

Why does hamas use kids and women to carry out crimes in Israel?

7 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

As of 2019, Arab citizens of Israel composed 21 percent of the country's total population. About 82 percent of the Arab population in Israel are Sunni Muslims, a very small minority are Shia Muslims, another 9 percent are Druze, and around 9 percent are Christian

“harming regional security” is similar to "assaulting a cop" here.

Why does hamas use kids and women to carry out crimes in Israel?

The 1950 Law of Return, for example, grants all Jews, as well as their children, grandchildren, and spouses, the right to move to Israel and automatically gain citizenship. Non-Jews do not have these rights. Palestinians and their descendants have no legal right to return to the lands their families held before being displaced in 1948 or 1967.

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The 1950 Law of Return, for example, grants all Jews, as well as their children, grandchildren, and spouses, the right to move to Israel and automatically gain citizenship. Non-Jews do not have these rights. Palestinians and their descendants have no legal right to return to the lands their families held before being displaced in 1948 or 1967.

Yes. Israel has very tight immigration.  10/7 is a good reference for why.  

from the river to the sea involves the state of Israel not existing.

I got a feeling if I went back to my relative's estate in Sicily (grandma came over in 1928), I couldn't just claim it as mine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1