Hey MAGA- When was America ever great?

I see people saying Make America Great Again…But I don’t ever see what they mean when they say it…

Now, obviously there are plenty of things that are great now, i don’t even need to say…But not everything is better off…

And if you believe that there was a time in our past, when we were better off at something than we are now, when and what was it?

So, I’ll start with something simple…

In 1960, 75% of black children lived in a two parent households…Today, that number is down to 43% by some reports…

Kids living in a single parent household are at greater risk to drop out of school, as well as getting into criminality and going to jail…

Make America Great Again 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Pretty much any time except the trump years, the slavery years (granted it was the ridiculous norm),  The civil war (one side was great thankfully we won), the reneging on the Indian treaties and I'm sure I can come up with a few more exceptions.

If I had to pick one time it would be WW2.  The greatest generation.  Amazing people that are almost all gone.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

America will never be great again, it's a giant shithole - nasty people, rich people in the business

of crushing the middle class, the divisions created by the communists, and now the country has been over run by invaders.

The tremendous debt will never be paid, some sort of bankruptcy will occur wrecking the value of the dollar.

It's all over for America.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

America will never be great again, it's a giant shithole - nasty people, rich people in the business

of crushing us, the divisions created by the communists, and now the country has been over run by invaders.

The tremendous debt will never be paid, some sort of bankruptcy will occur wrecking the value of the dollar.

We are still great.  Go away...We'll be uber great.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

of crushing the middle class, the divisions created by the communists, and now the country has been over run by invaders.

And yet we keep on chugging away

57 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I see people saying Make America Great Again…But I don’t ever see what they mean when they say it…

Now, obviously there are plenty of things that are great now, i don’t even need to say…But not everything is better off…

And if you believe that there was a time in our past, when we were better off at something than we are now, when and what was it?

So, I’ll start with something simple…

In 1960, 75% of black children lived in a two parent households…Today, that number is down to 43% by some reports…

Kids living in a single parent household are at greater risk to drop out of school, as well as getting into criminality and going to jail…

Make America Great Again 👍

That is some good fact-finding

What was the amount of white families that have one parent? I’m sure that number was in there somewhere

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We are still great.  Go away...We'll be uber great.

I don’t know man…I feel like identity politics has taken us backwards with regards to race relations…

I feel like our country is more racist now than in the ‘90s…

You can’t teach society that 1 group of people is inherently evil simply because of skin color, and then not expect negative consequences as a result…That same rationale was used to justify slavery…

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know man…I feel like identity politics has taken us backwards with regards to race relations…

I feel like our country is more racist now than in the ‘90s…

You can’t teach society that 1 group of people is inherently evil simply because of skin color, and then not expect negative consequences as a result…That same rationale was used to justify slavery…

Wow. The wizard gave u a brain

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Pretty much any time except the trump years, the slavery years (granted it was the ridiculous norm),  The civil war (one side was great thankfully we won), the reneging on the Indian treaties and I'm sure I can come up with a few more exceptions.

If I had to pick one time it would be WW2.  The greatest generation.  Amazing people that are almost all gone.

how about Biden and his drug and crime bills which resulted in tens of millions of minorities imprisoned at an incredibly high rate destroying generations of families? All the problems modern minorities face is due to one man. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

how about Biden and his drug and crime bills which resulted in tens of millions of minorities imprisoned at an incredibly high rate destroying generations of families? All the problems modern minorities face is due to one man. 

Remember when all those confederate monuments were put up in the 1920's....

• Vomit 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Remember when all those confederate monuments were put up in the 1920's....

Ignorance and denial lol. Just deflecting. Biden has done far more damage to this country than any modern politician and it’s not close. Did trump imprison countless millions of minorities? Didn’t think so 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ignorance and denial lol. Just deflecting. Biden has done far more damage to this country than any modern politician and it’s not close. Did trump imprison countless millions of minorities? Didn’t think so 

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?q=LOT 13092&fi=number&op=PHRASE&va=exact&co!=coll&sg=true&st=gallery

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Didn't you say you're black?

I'm not gonna presume to speak for your experiences, but while 1960 may have had stronger family structures, it also had official segregation (really American apartheid) in a huge swath of the country, and lots of other things that don't exactly look like they were "great" in retrospect.

That's what happens with nostalgia. When you really examine what life was like, must people have no interest in going back to some bygone age.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’ll take it that you support it then. Classy 

yeah, in the deep south these a$$hats were considered classy in 1964.  In some places, they still are.  whadda u think?  The blonde kid at the counter could have taken any one of those weasels but they hunt in packs....

• Vomit 1