Random stats, PFF info, Opinions, and more from the Dolphin beatdown

Einstein

Interesting stat - through 4 games, Bills are averaging 15 more offensive snaps p/gm than their opponents.

Bills O has 273 snaps, D has only played 213.  One would think that's gotta wear out the opposing defense.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I told you so…. 😉 

Schematically there is not much of a difference. But there are definitely some nuanced changes there. 

39 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Since there are 5 Offensive Lineman, I assume the average should be 20% for each OL. So brown is not that much higher than the others.

Three of the 5 are at 15% and the average of the other 4 is 16.9%.

Brown is nearly 10 percentage points higher.

What’s crazy about the defensive line was that as great as D Jones was Groot and Ed Oliver “caught my eye” just as much and Floyd was also making plays. All 4 of those guys have been menacing and the “rotational” players like AJE, J Phillips, Settle and Shaw Lawson all make plays here and there esp AJE whose probably having the best season from the backups. 

I think the additions of Torrence and McGovern have completely changed the complexion of the offensive line. Dawkins playing a lot better (he wasn’t bad last season but he has been very good this season) and Brown being much less of a liability (he was downright awful last season this year he is maybe below average to average at times) have also massively contributed to the improved performance of the unit.

I just looked at the PFF grades for this game. Any time I want to start giving PFF more credence I just can't do it, some of the grades they give out are too goofy. In this one they rated Ed Oliver with a 52.4, Taron Johnson with a 55.9, and Terrel Bernard with a 56.4. All below average grades. I'm sorry but that doesn't remotely match up with what I watched yesterday. I have seen players criticize PFF for failing to consider the players' jobs on a snap to snap basis. This appears to be a good example of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I wish we could get an honest answer. Is McD dialing up better calls? Or is this the Floyd, healthy Rousseau,  healthy Oliver, healthy Hyde, healthy White(gulp), and more instinctive Bernard cumulative effects? Was Frazier held back by Edmunds lack of play making?

Frazier had statistically good defenses but they never felt this aggressive. McD is rarely bringing more than 4 guys. 

7 hours ago, BBFL said:

The only one that might be an unsustainable stat in there is t/o essentially every 4 drives. That’s tough. The way these boys are playing, they might just pull it off given our best situational pass rusher is not seeing the field.  

It does not matter.  A punt is as good as a turnover for us.  Are expected scoring value does not change much if we start at our 20, our 40, or their 40. 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just looked at the PFF grades for this game. Any time I want to start giving PFF more credence I just can't do it, some of the grades they give out are too goofy. In this one they rated Ed Oliver with a 52.4, Taron Johnson with a 55.9, and Terrel Bernard with a 56.4. All below average grades. I'm sorry but that doesn't remotely match up with what I watched yesterday. I have seen players criticize PFF for failing to consider the players' jobs on a snap to snap basis. This appears to be a good example of that.

Not defending or criticizing the PFF grades.  But the Dolphins drove the field with ease for TDs the first two drives, and put up good offensive numbers for the game. The Dolphins had a lot of "plus plays".  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.