Film Breakdown on Terrel Bernard - Also, Keep an Eye on the Rest of the Defense as Well.

sven233

2 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Missed seeing the game but trust your judgment.  That's good but 1 for every 3 isn't good enough.  Just saw he's out.  We'll get our first look at the future Sunday!

Yea he has definitely looked slower. Some of that is definitely to be expected at his age. I think there may have been an element of knocking the rust off too. Last week was his best game. 

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

I guess we'll see if they've properly addressed it by playoffs.  For the moment, I do feel better watching Bernard isolated on film.  For me, our problems at safety are now more concerning due to the age of both.  Poyer definitely looks slow now. 

Agree on Poyer, but those things need to be anticipated, not relacted to.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he has definitely looked slower. Some of that is definitely to be expected at his age. I think there may have been an element of knocking the rust off too. Last week was his best game. 

I hope so but worry his age/slowness will show up against the top teams.

14 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Absolutely,  the FO has to mentally adjust from opening the superbowl window to keeping it open.  They've got to be more on top of things.  I can give them credit for Bernard, they really should address OT and Center next draft but our safety situation is a vulnerability and may trump that.  Optimally, safety should have been better addressed the last two seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I think this is fair. I love Po and until the knee injury last year he was close to all pro level again. But I am not sure I'd have brought him back. To have two over 30 safeties both coming off injuries was a risk. But they'd have had to bring in a replacement if they'd let him go. And the safety market was so slow they probably felt like keeping the axis together at the relatively low price they had to pay was better than the rest of the market was offering.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/25/2023 at 7:05 PM, billsfan89 said:

I agree that there is no guarantee that draft picks will be there later, I am just talking about myself as an amateur fan thinking if pundits say he could have been drafted later then why not take him later? But pundits were generally saying he was a bit "over-drafted" just a quick look at what some pundits were saying. 

"Although it was a bit earlier than expected, you could tell Beane was excited about the Bernard pick Friday night." 

https://theathletic.com/3283624/2022/04/30/terrel-bernard-draft-buffalo-bills/

Mel Kiper call him a "reach on his board" 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33827196/nfl-draft-grades-mel-kiper-jr-picks-steals-sleepers-favorite-2022-classes-all-32-teams#BUF

NFL.com had a draft projection of round 5

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrel-bernard/32004245-5223-6424-136f-901f81674ee9

Draft Network had a draft projection of round 4

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/terrel-bernard-7acaddc4-edff-42bf-9ad1-e89b6873b0e9/

PFF didn't like the pick thinking he was more of a day 3 pick but others liked it. 

I am sure other pundits liked the pick but I am just going off of what I remember at the time. 

Those who can coach, coach.

Those who can GM, GM.

Those who can't do $#!+, pundit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.