Officials allowed the Chiefs to cheat the entire game

Gisele

12 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

The Lions coaching staff was busy accepting a penalty that gave KC a second chance on 3rd down instead of forcing 4th down.  The announcers completely missed it but they mentioned it much later, probably when someone in their ear told them the Lions had goofed.

12 hours ago, Simon said:

He also declined a defensive holding call that would have given the Lions an automatic first down and instead opted for an extra 2 yrds of field position. :blink:

Yeah, I was scratching my head on both of those. Bad decisions. You can't afford too many of those when facing Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Guess it worked out, though.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I was scratching my head on both of those. Bad decisions. You can't afford too many of those when facing Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Guess it worked out, though.

I was actually nervous for him on that offensive third down, when the Chiefs stacked the line and his OC then dove right into it.

Those kinds of change of possession mistakes tends to stick out when hiring and firing time rolls around. :ph34r:

I agreed with the call to take the penalty and avoid making it 4th and 2 at midfield for KC.  I think that is a high likelihood that they convert that.  Whereas an incomplete pass on a 3rd and long means they will then punt.

he definitely should have taken the automatic first down on the hold instead of 2nd and 3.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:32 AM, 1ManRaid said:

It's literally a carbon copy of what happened to us against the Jags a couple years ago, and cost us the game.  Sure we played like crap, but it was a close game and all the non calls for their RT being a full 2 yards off the ball when snapped on every play helped the Jags.

*edit*

Tackles lining up so far back and never being called for it is one of my biggest pet peeves about officiating.

Especially when the League also allows random line judges to flag wide receivers for not "covering up the tackle"

On 9/8/2023 at 2:32 PM, 1ManRaid said:

It's literally a carbon copy of what happened to us against the Jags a couple years ago, and cost us the game.  Sure we played like crap, but it was a close game and all the non calls for their RT being a full 2 yards off the ball when snapped on every play helped the Jags.

*edit*

Tackles lining up so far back and never being called for it is one of my biggest pet peeves about officiating.

This isn’t the first time I seen something like this there’s plenty of times we’re u see an entire Oline allowed to get off a split second before the snap . Last yr playoff game vs the Bengals if u rewatch that game u will notice it happening on nearly every play. That’s a humongous advantage for the Oline ntm other things Refs don’t call when ever they feel like it like holding, illegal block in the back & illegal man downfield calls. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.