Missed Draft Picks Will Catch Up

PepeSilvia

46 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Talk to me when you have 1000 posts.  Until then you’re a negative Nelly looking for flaws.  So obvious.  

Ahhh a “get some time on” guy.

I forgot the quantity of posts outweighs the quality. Makes sense 

Edited by PepeSilvia

22 hours ago, PBF81 said:

First of all, I don't recall bringing "he" into it.  But since you did, consider a few alternate opinions. 

Was it a tough division during that stretch?   Or would you say that it really hasn't been all that competitive?   Which other QBs in the division have been very good or better consistently?  

How much does Allen factor into that?  

IYO, say Allen was on any number of teams before this one, how would we have been then?  You suggesting he'd only be good for a game or two back then?  

If Allen weren't his QB, how do you see our records?  

Genius?  Anytime a team buys an establshed great player, I'm not sure I'd put that in a genius category.  But opinions obviously differ.  

To me genius would have been drafting Jefferson instead at much lower expense for four seasons.   Seems to me he had to sign Diggs because of all the whiffing on getting any great WRs here without buying an established one.  JMO however.  

Again, due to Allen.  Only possible because of Allen, nonexistent without him.  

Why aren't any of the other drafted positions playing at similar levels at their positions?  

We'll certainly find out if that's the case in his 7th season which starts very soon.  

You keep harping on “ because of Allen”. Who drafted Allen?  
“If Allen weren’t his qb, how do you see our records?”  Making negative comments about a positive situation?!?  Wow! Again, Beane drafted him. Somehow that’s a negative?!?You and your crew are ridiculous. 
Do you really believe Beane felt he had to sign Diggs because of wiffs?! You sign Diggs cuz he’s one of the best wrs in the league and a known commodity. 
You wanna bash Beane for not winning a SB, fine, but you just wrote a bunch of nonsense. 
You actually complained about positives on this team. 

1) Complain about winning the division. 
2)Somehow picking Allen gets Beane no credit. I know, I know, Beane got lucky. What a bunch of 💩.

3)Criticizing Beane for getting Diggs in a trade. Since he can’t draft WRs for the life of him, trading for a known commodity who is a top wr in the league would make sense. No? Complaining that he can’t draft WRs AND complaining that he traded for a top wr because of that is complaining just to complain. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Has Jefferson won SB for Minny?
Complaining about positives. Really?!?😂😂

On 8/30/2023 at 4:08 PM, PepeSilvia said:

Boogie a 2nd round draft pick being traded for a late round draft pick is just another one of Beane’s whiffs.

Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs cover up so much for this team and it’s going to be more and more apparent how much next year when Josh’s contract kicks in and you can’t pay free agents to make up for your draft whiffs

2022 (No. 25 overall): Kaiir Elam -   can’t get on the field

2021 (No. 30 overall): Gregory Rousseau, still undecided on how good he is. Plays much better when Von Miller is on the field. Not sure he’s a #1 pass rusher a nice complimentary rusher

2020 (No. 54 overall): A.J. Epenesa, bust

2019 (No. 9 overall): Ed Oliver, not worth the contract he got nor how high he was drafted 

2018 (No. 7 overall): Josh Allen, hit

2017 (No. 27 overall): Tre'Davious White, hit

We all know about all of the 2nd round whiffs starting with Zay Jones

im sure a 1st round pick last year and couple 2nd round picks from the last few years would look pretty good on the o-line or Lb’s right about now

With that being said, we have a good team this year and this might be it for a few years before they can get some salary off the books and draft better which I don’t think a lot of us have faith that they can do

Every team whiffs a lot more than they hit. The sad reality is that sometimes it takes a few years to become good (Teiier, Hodgins Edmunds) and in the interim decisions must be made about who’s the best 53 and FAs are in the equation. It’s easy to criticize but it’s a team game and Josh and Diggs won’t get 3 divisions and playoff wins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.