Titans Up Offer For Henry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com is reporting that the Titans have upped their offer for Travis Henry but the Bills aren't biting yet. The Titans reportedly have offered a fourth round pick for Henry, previously they reportedly only offered a fifth round pick. The Bills originally wanted a 2nd round pick for Henry but would accept a third rounder according to speculation. They would not budge again and accept the Titans latest offer.

Getting closer?

Jeff

349409[/snapback]

I still dont understand the need to get rid of him --unless we get a lot.What is wrong with having 2 good RBs??--And a year is a long time in this day and age of the NFL. We should keep him to keep WM fresh and to provide a punishing 1-2 attack.

I still dont understand the need to get rid of him --unless we get a lot.What is wrong with having 2 good RBs??--And a year is a long time in this day and age of the NFL. We should keep him to keep WM fresh and to provide a punishing 1-2 attack.

350031[/snapback]

Henry has already gone on record to say he won't play here again. I'm sure had he not made such statements most here be comfortable him staying.

Why you're giddy over a fourth round pick is beyond baffeling to me.

349612[/snapback]

That is an easy one, 1bf. <_<

Because one does not have to adhere to the "party line" on every issuse to be a Bills fan, nor a poster on this board. Not only that, if EVERY poster toed the "party line," this would not be a fun place. You DO of course know what I mean by the "party line," right? Here it is:

1) Blesdoe sucks, and deserves the bulk of, if not all of the blame for every Bills loss.

2) There is NO doubt that JP will be an improvement. In fact, he is already an all time great. This is etched in stone; let's not bore each other. :D

3) Travis is worth at least a first round pick. Why? Because of course he is an "elite" back, lack of offers notwithstanding.

4) TD cannot make a mistake, not now nor ever.

In another post, you stated that you were glad that I am not the GM. You are totally right. I am just a fan who watches every game and wants the Bills to win. This places me in the same class as you.

You can sing the praises of Travis as you choose, but the alleged offers from REAL GMs have been sparse, and far from spectacular.

In summary, we are united in our desire for the Bills to win it all, and we each have obviously different views on how to get there.

In my non-GM opinion, a great first step would be to rid ourselves of this bumbling miscreant.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The titans "upping" their offer tells me we should keep holding out a little longer.

It's no secret Chris Brown has proven he can't stay healthy. It's also no secret that Bud Adams at the Owners meeting made it known he wants Travis Henry on the titans(Per Adam Schefter NFL TOTAL ACCESS)

I don't want to get into semantics that we would've gotten more for henry if we traded him at his peak last year. The fact is we couldn't. Mcgahee's progress was a virtual unknown. It wasn't worth the risk to trade henry for a pick in a weak draft. We probably also wouldn't have gotten a 1st anyway as it was known by most nfl scouts this past draft was rb heavy (Even though I could care less about any of these backs, but thats a different story)

So We're here now with the titans slowly uping their offer, and I say Donahoe should stick with the line. Don't budge till we get a 3rd rd pick at least.. Throw out character issues, injury history or whatever you want to do to discredit Henry but he's proven he can be succesful in this league, and while he's no marshall faulk, or corey dillon he's worth more than a 4th rd pick. We hold the cards here not the titans. They need a rb more than we do.......

Henry is nothing more than a backup to us right now, but he's a guy who has rushed for over 1300 yards in 2 consecutive seasons with double digit td's. Worst case scenairo we get nothing he walks next year. Best Case- titans up their offer and we get something for him. Either one I'd be fine with. Despite what Henry says he has 1 year remaining on his contract If by the season he's not traded he won't be stupid enough to sit out an entire year and not get paid. He'd only be hurting himself.

I don't like the karma of that situation at all.  Our starter is coming off of one of the most horrible knee injuries I have ever seen and it wasn't even his first.  Wishing for some other RB for some other team to go down so we can get a third instead of a fourth round pick gives me the heebie-jeebies.

349805[/snapback]

Mickey, I'm not trying to spread bad karma - I'm just saying that RB's go down in camp, it's a fact!

Jeff

That is an easy one, 1bf.  :huh:

Because one does not have to adhere to the "party line" on every issuse to be a Bills fan, nor a poster on this board. Not only that, if EVERY poster toed the "party line," this would not be a fun place. You DO of course know what I mean by the "party line," right? Here it is:

1) Blesdoe sucks, and deserves the bulk of, if not all of the blame for every Bills loss.

2) There is NO doubt that JP will be an improvement. In fact, he is already an all time great. This is etched in stone; let's not bore each other.  :D

3) Travis is worth at least a first round pick. Why? Because of course he is an "elite" back, lack of offers notwithstanding.

4) TD cannot make a mistake, not now nor ever.

350233[/snapback]

actually, there's another "party line" that is just as much, if not more, a part of this board:

1) it is a foregone conclusion that the bills' OL will suck hind teat this year, regardless of coaching or player development, because there is no NAME PLAYER at LT and TD screwed the pooch when he didn't trade for arizona's castoff shelton; the bills will never ever find a LT and letting JJ go was the worst mistake ever.

2) JP losman is essentially a rookie and will trip and stumble over his own two feet for at least 1/2 the season, eliminating any chance the bills have to make a playoff run this season.

3) phat pat was the key to the bills' defense and letting him go was the 2nd worst mistake ever. teams will be able to run up the gut on the bills' D at a clip of 6 yds/carry.

4) travis henry is but one evolutionary step removed from walking on all fours, and it's a miracle he can dress himself, much less play football.

5) TD sucks for the personnel moves noted above, as well as for not signing more NAME PLAYERS to fill all of this horrible team's holes.

6) TD is the son of satan, and he likes to drink babies' blood. <_<

actually, there's another "party line" that is just as much, if not more, a part of this board:

1) it is a foregone conclusion that the bills' OL will suck hind teat this year, regardless of coaching or player development, because there is no NAME PLAYER at LT and TD screwed the pooch when he didn't trade for arizona's castoff shelton; the bills will never ever find a LT and letting JJ go was the worst mistake ever.

2) JP losman is essentially a rookie and will trip and stumble over his own two feet for at least 1/2 the season, eliminating any chance the bills have to make a playoff run this season.

3) phat pat was the key to the bills' defense and letting him go was the 2nd worst mistake ever.  teams will be able to run up the gut on the bills' D at a clip of 6 yds/carry.

4) travis henry is but one evolutionary step removed from walking on all fours, and it's a miracle he can dress himself, much less play football.

4) TD sucks for the personnel moves noted above, as well as for not signing more NAME PLAYERS to fill all of this horrible team's holes.

5) TD is the son of satan, and he likes to drink babies' blood.  :D

350259[/snapback]

You know those QB and LT tidbits are real. <_<

That is an easy one, 1bf.  :D

Because one does not have to adhere to the "party line" on every issuse to be a Bills fan, nor a poster on this board. Not only that, if EVERY poster toed the "party line," this would not be a fun place. You DO of course know what I mean by the "party line," right?

350233[/snapback]

My response was not in questioning your partyline loyalties. It was why you are so ready to rid the Bills of Henry when I think we all know he will eventually fetch at least a 3rd round pick. But using your spin on things, I've been on the right AND wrong end of the majority opinions here:

I thought RJ was better than Doug - wrong

I applauded TD for putting the tag on Peerless - right

I thought Bledsoe was the answer till the Pittsburgh debacle - way way wrong

I wanted TD to draft Lee Evans - right

None of us are right all of the time.

My response was not in questioning your partyline loyalties. It was why you are so ready to rid the Bills of Henry when I think we all know he will eventually fetch at least a 3rd round pick. But using your spin on things, I've been on the right AND wrong end of the majority opinions here:

I thought RJ was better than Doug - wrong

I applauded TD for putting the tag on Peerless - right

I thought Bledsoe was the answer till the Pittsburgh debacle - way way wrong

I wanted TD to draft Lee Evans - right

None of us are right all of the time.

350362[/snapback]

In April you told us we would get a 1st or a 2nd at worst. Now you have backed down to a sure 3rd next year, which by your own logic is only worth a 4th in this years draft. Not saying we won't get one, but I have said a 4th/5th with the possibility of a 3rd but not likely all along.

In April you told us we would get a 1st or a 2nd at worst.  Now you have backed down to a sure 3rd next year, which by your own logic is only worth a 4th in this years draft.  Not saying we won't get one, but I have said a 4th/5th with the possibility of a 3rd but not likely all along.

350364[/snapback]

Prove it. <_< I NEVER said we'd get a first round pick for Henry. Before the draft I thought we'd get a second round pick for him. Now I think we'll get a conditional third, turning into a second based on performance (so we may STILL get that second round pick). Apparently your fourth or fifth prodiction will NOT be right. Now where you pulled "by your own logic is only worth a 4th" out of is a bit scary, you made not one bit of sense with that nugget.

Wow!! You once said the "possibility" of a third? You're a regular Nostradamus, aren't you? :D

In April you told us we would get a 1st or a 2nd at worst.  Now you have backed down to a sure 3rd next year, which by your own logic is only worth a 4th in this years draft.  Not saying we won't get one, but I have said a 4th/5th with the possibility of a 3rd but not likely all along.

350364[/snapback]

sure your not getting confused with your predictions regarding shelton's value? i.e. a first round pick AT LEAST

Prove it.  <_<  I NEVER said we'd get a first round pick for Henry. Before the draft I thought we'd get a second round pick for him. Now I think we'll get a conditional third, turning into a second based on performance (so we may STILL get that second round pick). Apparently your fourth or fifth prodiction will NOT be right. Now where you pulled "by your own logic is only worth a 4th" out of is a bit scary, you made not one bit of sense with that nugget.

Wow!! You once said the "possibility" of a third? You're a regular Nostradamus, aren't you?  :D

350377[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=15599&hl=

You said a 2nd. And I said no 3rd or 4th.

You:

TD-

I know this: Travis Henry is a good football player and a good back, and we're not going to give him away."

Translation-

Don't come-a-knockin' unless you have a 2nd rounder to offer.

Me:

No translation is he is a good "running" running back. He has some issues and yes he is a locker room cancer, but I would prefer to get a 3rd or 4th before I have to cut him prior to training camp.

sure your not getting confused with your predictions regarding shelton's value? i.e. a first round pick AT LEAST

350382[/snapback]

We are not talking Shelton here.

But I still believe he is worth a 1st or at least a 2nd. I believe his contract will bear that out. Denny Green overplayed his hand, and basically is treating some of the old players that he doesn't like, very badly.