GamePass international on DAZN

Dan Darragh

On 8/19/2023 at 6:36 PM, Gunvald's Husse said:

Yes, a VPN could solve the issue but that is not the point. We shouldn't have to.

I don't know about you folks, but the old International Game Pass had the same problem for me. When I came back to the states I could never use my International GamePass. Had to go to sports bars, which was OK unless I was busy and wanted to watch archived.

I hated having to get up early on Sunday to end up at a sports bar downtown and find parking and walk there for game starts at 11:00 a.m. in Denver because of the time zone. Really nice atmosphere at the Buffalo sports bar but people get there early so unless you're there really early you get no seat. 

On 8/19/2023 at 3:49 AM, GunnerBill said:

I am sure you can but I don't really understand VPNs, how to do it, what is trustworthy and what isn't...

I didn't want to have anything to do with VPNs until I got one and found it much easier than I thought it would be and really useful. Costs me about $10 a month but I can watch all kinds of stuff I couldn't get without it. 

I love BBC net content, but couldn't watch much from Japan. Now, no problem. I can watch US Netflix, UK, any country, really. I'm a Longmire fan, and that isn't on in Japan but I'm loving it on US Netflix. Lots of stuff like that.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

GEEZ, the alternatives SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Japan, DAZN haven't communicated well. They obviously have Japanese people answering the English emails. And their English is good but they often have problems with precision.

So it took till today till I finally figured out what they have here, at least according to their emails. I cancelled the service, so that's all I can rely on at this point. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS WRONG, as for instance, Bill found the Brit version had services their service people did not even know about. I'm now starting to have issues with NFLPlus. Geez!!!!)

You can watch complete archived games. But this only becomes available 24 hours after the game. Which absolutely sucks. 

You can watch games live, but here in Japan, again, the Sunday afternoon 1:00 and 4:00 games start at 2:00 am and 5:00 a.m on Monday morning (an hour later when daylight savings time ends. The Sunday night games start live at 10:00 a.m. on Monday morning, right during the work day. Can't do that. The Monday night games are also at 10:00 a.m. but on Tuesday morning. So live is generally impossible for me.

And for the next 24 hours they say you have only a choice of a 40 minute highlight package with most of the game's plays but nothing between plays, or the typical 6 - 10 minute highlight package. Both of those absolutely suck as a way to see the game for the first time.

Or wait 24 hours and then another few for the workday to end and don't come to TBD, don't open my emails, tell everyone you know who likes football for 24 hours that you don't know what happened so don't give any spoilers.

So I signed up for NFLPlus and used a VPN. 

Unbelievably frustrating experience. The picture was good. But for the whole second half the audio and video were unsynched, so that you could hear what was going to happen 7 - 10 seconds before you could see it. Jesus, that experience also bit the large one

Hopefully this was a one-game thing. NFLPlus says the problem isn't on their end. 

Have any of you overseas folks come up with any better alternatives yet? I can almost never watch live. I WANT TO WATCH ARCHIVED GAMES, as quickly as possible after the game, with good video quality. Any ideas?

Thanks for letting me know about the 24 hour delay. That puts in the nail in the coffin for me. Just gonna do NFL+ this season and sacrifice the live big screen experience I guess… let’s hope they improve DAZN in the near future. It costs too much to have these limitations  

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

So I signed up for NFLPlus and used a VPN. 

What does NFL Plus include?  It's a lot cheaper than GamePass so I'm assuming it's a lot more limited.  What I really want to know is

(1) can I see all the Bills games?

(2) Can I replay prime time games a few hours later since prime time games happen in the middle of the night my time?

(3) Red Zone?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

What does NFL Plus include?  It's a lot cheaper than GamePass so I'm assuming it's a lot more limited.  What I really want to know is

(1) can I see all the Bills games?

(2) Can I replay prime time games a few hours later since prime time games happen in the middle of the night my time?

(3) Red Zone?

quite simply. 

1. yes all games

2. I did it for the jets game and it was fine.

3. Hmm never use that and didn’t check.

theres one issue. With live games you’re restricted to a phone or tablet. By all accounts HDMI and airplay things don’t work. On the replays you can play it on any device or television you want. 

the other cool thing is you can cancel monthly. I’m going to get the 7 buck one tomorrow since all the games are at 1pm coming up. Then I’ll cancel it and move up to the 15 dollar version with replays when the night games

kick on lol

Edited by CheshireCT

On 9/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, CheshireCT said:

Thanks for letting me know about the 24 hour delay. That puts in the nail in the coffin for me. Just gonna do NFL+ this season and sacrifice the live big screen experience I guess… let’s hope they improve DAZN in the near future. It costs too much to have these limitations  

It may not be true, I can't speak to that. But it's what they're telling me. And yeah, it puts the nail in the coffin for me.

Sounds like some of the others here are saying that's not true in other countries. But the Japanese DAZN are saying it, so either they're wrong or it's at least true here in Japan. I'm still confused about it.

I'm on NFL+ Premium now. Plain NFL didn't have enough access for me.

As long as you don't have the audio/video synch problems I have with archived games, you hopefully should be satisfied. Good luck with it.

EDIT: And CheshireCT is right about not being able to watch LIVE games on computer. You can listen only. If you need to SEE live games, you have to have a tablet or phone.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It may not be true, I can't speak to that. But it's what they're telling me. And yeah, it puts the nail in the coffin for me.

Sounds like some of the others here are saying that's not true in other countries. But the Japanese DAZN are saying it, so either they're wrong or it's at least true here in Japan. I'm still confused about it.

I'm on NFL+ Premium now. Plain NFL didn't have enough access for me.

As long as you don't have the audio/video synch problems I have with archived games, you hopefully should be satisfied. Good luck with it.

Does NFL+ have a download option?

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Does NFL+ have a download option?

Can't tell you, Bill, sorry. There's no obvious "Download" button to click, that much I can say. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

One irritating thing about NFLPlus, though, is that I can't watch live games on computer. Only archived. You can watch live games only on tablet or phone.

I don't have a tablet and am not interested in watching games on a tiny phone screen.

I don't mind so much, as it's 2:00 a.m. here now. I'm headed for bed. I'd love to have watched the first quarter, though, but you can't do it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Can't tell you, Bill, sorry. There's no obvious "Download" button to click, that much I can say. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

One irritating thing about NFLPlus, though, is that I can't watch live games on computer. Only archived. You can watch live games only on tablet or phone.

I don't have a tablet and am not interested in watching games on a tiny phone screen.

I don't mind so much, as it's 2:00 a.m. here now. I'm headed for bed. I'd love to have watched the first quarter, though, but you can't do it.

Plug your phone charger cable into your laptop usb.

Plug an hdmi from laptop to TV.

Use this app on the laptop for the phone charger to USB laptop to work

You'll have to use developer tools on the phone to do USB debugging.

https://scrcpy.org/

Edited by leonbus23

So here's my update on DAZN:

1. Watched the game live yesterday.  No significant problems, however...

2. No P-I-P option for Red Zone which was a major feature on the old GamePass.  I had to fire up a second browser (I watch on a Windows computer) and load a random RZ stream so I could toggle over during commercials

3. I only noticed yesterday that you can't watch multiple games at once.  Brings back the memory of the day we clinched our first playoff berth in 2017 because of the results of 4 different games and I was watching ALL FOUR at once on GamePass. 

4. Good news is that I was able to load the full version of the SNF game in my morning, around 3 hours after it ended (no 24 hour wait).  This will be crucial for future prime time Bills games.

5. We're not the only ones suffering from this.  See this bitching forum if there's any comfort in knowing you're not the only one: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The 40 minute version of Thursday night's game was abysmal.  There were several penalties called in the second half that were not shown so it's impossible to know what happened.

Not sure if this is on DAZN or on the NFL although I'm inclined to think that the NFL puts together the edited version.

• 2 months later...

I am stationed over in japan and have been using DAZN all season with no issues.  I also watched games this season in S. Korea and The Philippines, all from my laptop.  I also typically re-watch most games, being the masochist that I am and I have had no issues getting the full game replays to play.  I am curious why my experience with DAZN has been so different from that of others?  

On 8/13/2023 at 2:37 AM, Dan Darragh said:

Anyone besides me watching from abroad on DAZN (the new platform for NFL GamePass)? 

It used to be we'd see the regular broadcast TV commercials on the old GamePass platform but now they've stripped out the commercials and given us boring, ugly graphics with a bad soundtrack that keeps repeating.  Never thought I'd miss the broadcast TV commercials but this is pretty awful. 

I think that's the international cue to talk to someone, or shotgun a beer and crunch it over your head if you're alone in a hotel room... or something other than stare at a screen with boring graphics and muzak. 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:37 AM, Dan Darragh said:

Anyone besides me watching from abroad on DAZN (the new platform for NFL GamePass)? 

It used to be we'd see the regular broadcast TV commercials on the old GamePass platform but now they've stripped out the commercials and given us boring, ugly graphics with a bad soundtrack that keeps repeating.  Never thought I'd miss the broadcast TV commercials but this is pretty awful. 

I get the international package every yr and DAZN by far is the worst . The NFL needs to go bk to GAMEPASS from there website. 

On 9/18/2023 at 4:37 AM, Dan Darragh said:

So here's my update on DAZN:

1. Watched the game live yesterday.  No significant problems, however...

2. No P-I-P option for Red Zone which was a major feature on the old GamePass.  I had to fire up a second browser (I watch on a Windows computer) and load a random RZ stream so I could toggle over during commercials

3. I only noticed yesterday that you can't watch multiple games at once.  Brings back the memory of the day we clinched our first playoff berth in 2017 because of the results of 4 different games and I was watching ALL FOUR at once on GamePass. 

4. Good news is that I was able to load the full version of the SNF game in my morning, around 3 hours after it ended (no 24 hour wait).  This will be crucial for future prime time Bills games.

5. We're not the only ones suffering from this.  See this bitching forum if there's any comfort in knowing you're not the only one: 

I’ve sent out multiple emails to the NFL over this hopefully they get out of there contract with DaZN. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.