Any old time gamers out there

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I owe my IT career to the familiarity and experience I gained working with the C64!

Hahaha and I owe my IT career to playing pirated games of Maniac Mansion, Zak McKraken and Summer Games on my C64. My 10 year old self and my friends had a blast dominating those games. Now excuse me while I go look for my fast load cartridge…

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dancing_joker said:

Hahaha and I owe my IT career to playing pirated games of Maniac Mansion, Zak McKraken and Summer Games on my C64. My 10 year old self and my friends had a blast dominating those games. Now excuse me while I go look for my fast load cartridge…

maniac mansion was the absolute business!  the same creators made a game called thimbleweed park.  very much in the same design and a ton of fun.

23 minutes ago, Fr. Jerk said:

GOAT 

1330-Arcade-Machine-Rental-NBA-Jam.jpg

https://arcade1up.com/collections/trending-now/products/nba-jam-shaq-edition-arcade-machine

this could be right in your home.

18 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I owe my IT career to the familiarity and experience I gained working with the C64!

And I owe my IT career to game programming in college. 

I wrote a game called "Gladiator Galore" which hundreds(?) of players played on university connected systems.

When I retire I am thinking of creating a new version of it accessible via internet. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, Nextmanup said:

That would have been prime Rob Ray time, and a million others.

People think the '70s were the golden age of goonism in the NHL; not true!  Look at the stats.

When they tore down the Aud, the Sabres  gave the penalty box door to Rob Ray with a plaque  commemorating his team record penalty minutes.  He has it ins living room.

Edited by Wacka

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Fallout 3

Call of Duty (Nazi Zombies!!)

Old School:

Atari "Adventure"

Commodore "Summer Olympics"

Did you ever learn how to pass through the electric beam and get to the credit screen? 

Collect all the items and drag it down to the one lower room... Including the bat. EDIT: NOT the bat... Watch OUT for the bat, he steals sh...t... 😆 

You can then pass through the beam immediately from castle to right... It will give you the credit screen.

This is the first known Easter Egg in a video game.

https://eeggs.com/items/453.html

I can't remember who I got this info from back in day... Word of mouth.

Full instructions:

"Adventure Easter Egg - Atari Adventure Easter Egg - the First Known Egg!

1. Get the bridge
2. Take it inside the black castle
3. Find the central room that causes the screen to flicker. You must have an object with you to see the flicker, as it takes 3 game sprites to cause flicker (you, the "dot" and the 3rd object, in this case the bridge)
4. Use the bridge to get into the secret chamber in the middle of that room
5. Inside that the secret chamber there is a "dot" -- pick it up by pressing into the lower right corner of the chamber.
6. Take the dot to the main hallway (below the golden castle)
7. Once there the dot will cause one of the hallway barriers to disappear. Note that you need to have another object in the room (key, sword, duck, etc.) to make the barrier disappear. You also usually have to have the "dot" in front of you to go through.
8. You can then enter a hidden chamber that lists a message from the programmers
9. (This game is from the 1985 era but it still contains an Easter egg)
10. There is also a secret room in the white castle that requires the use of the bridge
11. Bonus egg, you can change the "Winning music" by hitting the select lever after your drag the chalise through the yellow castle door."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.