Matt Araiza is Suing Woman who Falsely Accused him

wppete

14 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

All the people that jumped the gun are now on the “we don’t really know what happened and never will” train. 

It's a lot easier than apologizing or actually admitting they made a mistake. In some twisted way it also allows them to believe that they are still standing on some moral high ground.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Still arguing about this?

Children, if you're paying attention, does this teach you to make better choices than Mr.Araiza did?  People will wield power over you when you associate with the wrong crowd. 

Have a nice life "PuntGod."

She's even more of a cautionary tale.  Woof.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed.  The holding for Bass is important also and Martin is reliable.  It could be a nice gesture to showcase him though for other teams next training camp even if it isn't a real competition.  A quality organization would do that.

I am pondering your idea. I  think it would be extremely classy for the Bills to want to help him out like that. But I honestly cannot see it happening.

I think his ability to punt was documented well enough in college that another team could conceivably sign him just like any other free agent .

Who is Matt Araizas' agent anyway? 

Time will tell regarding his future. I would hope the legal proceedings will eventually bring Closure and a clean slate moving forward for him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

The Bills couldn't wait for the investigation and civil trial to be over.  Hell it's not going to be over until mid-October a year later.  But again luckily they found a good punter to replace him quickly.  A lot of other teams still have bad punters.

Yeah just like I laughed at the Dols, who I actually detest.  Take the loss here.

True because there's not much to tell.  You know he's got nothing with the gang rape when he changed his tune to "even if he didn't participate in the gang rape, he was still responsible."  WTF?

But what, pray tell, is he going to be asking about?  When Araiza was on the side of the house peeing and she came up to him demanding sex, they did it, she went back to her friends all giddy and then he left the party?  What smoking gun do you think the amazing Dan Gilleon is going to extract?

so she sexually assaulted him, essentially...

I'm guessing they are going to dig deeper into his past sexual history, his past history of having sex with underage girls, why he denied on the phone call that he he knew or had sex with her, etc...pretty much anything they want.  It won't be a love story that he will be telling his potential future NFL employers while he's on the stand.  

In the end, it's all a sordid mess---why would any team want to dip into that for an unproven Punter?  Oh...that's right, because "he deserves it".

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

so she sexually assaulted him, essentially...

I'm guessing they are going to dig deeper into his past sexual history, his past history of having sex with underage girls, why he denied on the phone call that he he knew or had sex with her, etc...pretty much anything they want.  It won't be a love story that he will be telling his potential future NFL employers while he's on the stand.  

In the end, it's all a sordid mess---why would any team want to dip into that for an unproven Punter?  Oh...that's right, because "he deserves it".

I guess you could say she assaulted him...but consent was never in doubt.  She tried to hide behind her age.  But it didn't work.

Past history of sex with underage girls?  Yeah, I'm sure they were all waiting for the civil trial to come forward.  Good one.  Meanwhile his lawyer(s) will dig deeper into her past sexual history, show the videos from that night, the video of her the night before claiming she was 18 and had a "body count" in the teens and liked to perform weird sex acts and it will all be over for her.   Again she made his defense easy by lying about numerous things and being who she is.

She created the sordid mess.  It was just a hookup until she lied about being gang raped and his involvement.  And no, he will get a chance not because he deserves it, although IMHO he does, but because he's got talent.

Edited by Doc
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, Richard Noggin said:

It's worth mentioning, just for the sake of humanity and empathy and all that...this person who has made these now allegedly false claims was still quite possibly exploited in some way at that party...

To think any of us here definitely knows what happened in all its complexities and nuances is foolish and revealing. But then again, I don't know much about this actual "case." I just know how elusive objective truth is to unearth much of the time. 

Really a great post and what I was also trying to express. And the "reverse your field" rush to judgement IS revealing.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:06 AM, Udubalum07 said:

It was proven videos taken at the party that she was telling everybody she was 18 and going to the junior college.  That's why there was not statutory rape charges. The morals of random sex could be discussed, but I would guess around 90%of the league would have been guilty of that in college. 

Thank you for that clarification. I was not aware of that. But even for those who "know" all the facts of the case, it's still a leap to make a moral judgement.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:54 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

I'll just say no one know the real truth here.   When the reports came out it was awful for Araiza, now that the investigation information is out it sounds the opposite.  When drugs and alcohol are involved there is a lot of room the truth being somewhere in the middle.  I know drugs have not been mentioned I am just talking in general.   I attended some frat parties and saw some terrible things happen to females that while were terrible, no charges are really possible because of the level of drunkenness of everyone involved.  I get what people are saying about this ruining Araiza's life, some of these incidents ruin the females life too though.  My point is simply no one knows the full truth.

Thank you and Amen.

On 7/30/2023 at 5:57 AM, HardyBoy said:

She's a teenager who made a horrible mistake. You also don't know all the reasons she made that mistake either, there seems to be a lot lot lot more to that story.

Exactly. For instance what was her parents' role in all of this? Isn't it likely that THEY and not SHE, hired the scumbag lawyer. Isn't it more likely than merely possible that they pushed for charges to be pressed?

On 7/30/2023 at 6:02 AM, ToGoGo said:

All the people that jumped the gun are now on the “we don’t really know what happened and never will” train. 

It’s not hard to understand what happened here. 

I'm glad you're so certain of your understanding of this situation.

As for your first sentence, I originally asked whether the Bills could suspend him in order to not deny him due process.

As for others I find that those who rush to judgement initially are often the same ones who overcorrect in the other direction. It's the same pendulum swinging the opposite way so I don't agree with your characterization.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:15 AM, Doc said:

She ruined another person's life based on lies.  What reason could justify what she did, seeing as they met that night for the first time? 

She ruined another person's life? Isn't this a bit premature?

Also how is she going to live this down for the rest of her life? Is not her life just as ruined?

There seems to be this binary blame mentality that I disagree with. IMO there's both plenty of blame to go around as well as more than one victim in this sad tale.

On 7/30/2023 at 8:40 AM, CoudyBills said:

Are we talking about the 17 year old who was telling everyone at a college party that she was 18?  

Your response is inferior to @Udubalum07's.

Not everyone knows all the details so you don't have to flavor your post with snarky know-it-allness.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I guess you could say she assaulted him...but consent was never in doubt.  She tried to hide behind her age.  But it didn't work.

Past history of sex with underage girls?  Yeah, I'm sure they were all waiting for the civil trial to come forward.  Good one.  Meanwhile his lawyer(s) will dig deeper into her past sexual history, show the videos from that night, the video of her the night before claiming she was 18 and had a "body count" in the teens and liked to perform weird sex acts and it will all be over for her.   Again she made his defense easy by lying about numerous things and being who she is.

She created the sordid mess.  It was just a hookup until she lied about being gang raped and his involvement.  And no, he will get a chance not because he deserves it, although IMHO he does, but because he's got talent.

lol...I knew you were dying to say this, and you bit!

Anyway, I can't tell if you are pretending to miss the point.  The NFL owners aren't on the jury, so his winning this suit against him isn't what they will be watching for.  Obviously is he comes off as anything but a choirboy who was forced by a minor to have sex with her against the back of a party house....then they will struggle to justify the signing.

If he looks at all sleazy, they may struggle to justify a spot on the roster for him.    Punter is the only person other than backup QB than no one wants to see walking onto the field.  The best and the worst are separated, on any given kick, by so little  that being a special talent at punting isn't worth heat.  Your claim that there are a lot of bad ones isn't fact based.  The guy at #34 on the list for YPP is  yards less than #5.  #5 gets 10% more of his punts inside the 20 than #20 in that category.

6 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

She ruined another person's life? Isn't this a bit premature?

Also how is she going to live this down for the rest of her life? Is not her life just as ruined?

There seems to be this binary blame mentality that I disagree with. IMO there's both plenty of blame to go around as well as more than one victim in this sad tale.

The encounter with Araiza would have just been another hookup for each of them, but she lied about his involvement in the alleged gang rape.  She was the architect of her own ruin and she took someone else down with her for no reason. 

48 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I was going to write something sarcastic.  You have to be ***** kidding me.  That's all I have to say about this garbage.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol...I knew you were dying to say this, and you bit!

Anyway, I can't tell if you are pretending to miss the point.  The NFL owners aren't on the jury, so his winning this suit against him isn't what they will be watching for.  Obviously is he comes off as anything but a choirboy who was forced by a minor to have sex with her against the back of a party house....then they will struggle to justify the signing.

If he looks at all sleazy, they may struggle to justify a spot on the roster for him.    Punter is the only person other than backup QB than no one wants to see walking onto the field.  The best and the worst are separated, on any given kick, by so little  that being a special talent at punting isn't worth heat.  Your claim that there are a lot of bad ones isn't fact based.  The guy at #34 on the list for YPP is  yards less than #5.  #5 gets 10% more of his punts inside the 20 than #20 in that category.

It was a joke, hence the ellipsis.  Again there was no assault in that encounter and also no evidence of assault later.  

And you are the one missing the point.  The NFL knows a good percentage of their players aren't choir boys.  All they care about is that guys can play and they don't miss games due to legal issues.  Araiza wasn't charged with anything because there was nothing to charge him with and the world, despite jumping all over him initially, now sees it.  So there's no issue and there will be no more public outcry.

But keep hoping there's something.  Assuming this charade continues.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was a joke, hence the ellipsis.  Again there was no assault in that encounter and also no evidence of assault later.  

And you are the one missing the point.  The NFL knows a good percentage of their players aren't choir boys.  All they care about is that guys can play and they don't miss games due to legal issues.  Araiza wasn't charged with anything because there was nothing to charge him with and the world, despite jumping all over him initially, now see it.  So there's no issue.

But keep hoping there's something.

This is exactly what some posters in this thread are doing.  Nothing but speculation or even fabricating an alternate reality.  Thanks for being a voice of reason on here, Doc.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

The encounter with Araiza would have just been another hookup for each of them, but she lied about his involvement in the alleged gang rape.  She was the architect of her own ruin and she took someone else down with her for no reason. 

27 minutes ago, phypon said:

I was going to write something sarcastic.  You have to be ***** kidding me.  That's all I have to say about this garbage.

I wrote a pretty specific and I believe likely scenario that the parents pushed their 17-18 year old daughter to move forward with a scumbag lawyer. 

I'm not exonerating the girl for her part in this matter but doesn't this doesn't possibly make her a victim as well?

10 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I wrote a pretty specific and I believe likely scenario that the parents pushed their 17-18 year old daughter to move forward with a scumbag lawyer. 

I'm not exonerating the girl for her part in this matter but doesn't this doesn't possibly make her a victim as well?

Honestly, I'm really not trying to be an ass here.

I could just as easily say that she intentionally made up the story to get money out of a potential multi-millionaire and by convincing her parents of a false accusation that the parents are actually victims as well based on her deception.  So using that logic the parents are the victims and not her.  

47 minutes ago, phypon said:

Honestly, I'm really not trying to be an ass here.

I could just as easily say that she intentionally made up the story to get money out of a potential multi-millionaire and by convincing her parents of a false accusation that the parents are actually victims as well based on her deception.  So using that logic the parents are the victims and not her.  

Fair enough but I think most people would agree that one of the two scenarios is a lot more likely than the other.

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

Fair enough but I think most people would agree that one of the two scenarios is a lot more likely than the other.

Yeah, probably the one I presented, lol!  Because that one actually seems FAR more likely.

On 7/30/2023 at 9:02 AM, ToGoGo said:

It’s not hard to understand what happened here. 

Not really......maybe its just no one knows.   If anyone has Netflix, watch a documentary called Victim/Suspect....it will shed light on what happens in these situations.  A lot of times when the accuser ends up being charged it is likely situations when they were in fact victimized but they dont know the details......it's quite sad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

At any time she could have admitted she made him believe she was 18 and that he had nothing to do with what happened inside the house.  It's she who is going to be dragged through the mud if this goes to trial.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

At any time she could have admitted she made him believe she was 18 and that he had nothing to do with what happened inside the house.  It's she who is going to be dragged through the mud if this goes to trial.

I don't know what the girl testified or didn't testify about being inside the house... maybe you do?

If so, can you tell us whether there was alcohol involved?

Who furnished the alcohol?

Was the girl in a clear state of mind?

Is there no question that she was confused about the events?

Is it not possible that the 17-18 year old girl was coerced into legal action by her parents?

Can you tell us whether the girl hired the lawyer or did her parents do that?

If you know the answers to these questions it would possibly be enough to start forming an opinion as to who's at fault and who the victims are.

One thing we agree on is that her name will be dragged through the mud. Within the community it's probably no secret who the girl is anyways so she'll live with that for the rest of her life regardless of any further litigation. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And you are the one missing the point.  The NFL knows a good percentage of their players aren't choir boys.  All they care about is that guys can play and they don't miss games due to legal issues.  Araiza wasn't charged with anything because there was nothing to charge him with and the world, despite jumping all over him initially, now sees it.  So there's no issue and there will be no more public outcry.

But keep hoping there's something.  Assuming this charade continues.

yes we all know that the NGL excuses bad behavior…from top talent at vital positions.  Punter is never on that list.

I don’t hope anything either way (stop projecting!).  I’m just trying to get you to give a straight answer. You won’t acknowledge even the possibility that something may come out that may turn off a FO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.