The Florida Blueprint: Inflation

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

If “pancake”=colonial and William and Mary is a shite school, you are correct. Congratulations on your kid getting in. Highly competitive…

You’re just a nasty old man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I've been to Williamsburg many times.  Once you visit Colonial Williamsburg a few times and eat at a pancake restaurant, you've pretty much exhausted the "sophistication" of the place.  I'm glad I won't have to spend anymore time there.

Yet your son remains. He. Must have gotten his mother’s genes

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

29 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I never felt that way growing up in wny as an R in a conservative family. I don’t recall open hostility based on politics. Perhaps both sides are to blame but the current iteration of the R party is much less civil than I ever recall. 

I’d agree with that 100%

1) People associate “lack of civility” with Republicans now noticing things and not reacting like ah, shuck, oh well Romney Republicans used to. 

2) MAGA is a toxic movement capitalizing on the very real despair a certain segment of this country is feeling. 

3) Intentional provocation.  Stir the pot and then if the right reacts, it’s J6, it’s Christian Nationalists.. You WILL observe the state religion on your holy days, and if you push back, you’re a bigot and if you dare act on that.. look at J6, look at pro-life protesters… we control everything so try your luck.  

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“All my hate”

I noticed you attempted to engage with me on substance, realized you don’t have anything to retort with and then decided to go with character assassination. 

I get along just fine with plenty of Democrats in Georgia.  We differ on plenty, but most have a common sense of good and evil, right and wrong. 

It’s about standing up for what you believe in.  It’s why Buckhead had to threaten to secede from Atlanta until they dropped progressive policies they tried to implement.  And I’m thankful that I live in an area that has some sense and wants to protect their citizens. 

I live in a Democrat city but at least we have normal Democrats and a conservative Governor.

When I meet leftists who throw up ACAB, pro-Hamas, support Antifa … shocking… they are hardly ever from the South.   How they ended up in Atlanta, I’ll never know .. but I’m hopeful Kemp will follow DeSantis lead and implement policies that send them to Portland. 

I didn’t “retort” because you are not with engaging with. You are full of hate. I hate the act not the person. I don’t like that life style and would never support lgbtq. They start to themselves and we are all good. But hate the person? No. I’m glad you are happy where you live. It’s a great place if I could get my wife to move i would but she won’t leave her mom.

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d agree with that 100%

1) People associate “lack of civility” with Republicans now noticing things and not reacting like ah, shuck, oh well Romney Republicans used to. 

2) MAGA is a toxic movement capitalizing on the very real despair a certain segment of this country is feeling. 

3) Intentional provocation.  Stir the pot and then if the right reacts, it’s J6, it’s Christian Nationalists.. You WILL observe the state religion on your holy days, and if you push back, you’re a bigot and if you dare act on that.. look at J6, look at pro-life protesters… we control everything so try your luck.  

Well, your first 2 points were convincing and well presented.  I can't think of a pot big enough to stir to justify Jan 6.

10 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I didn’t “retort” because you are not with engaging with. You are full of hate. I hate the act not the person. I don’t like that life style and would never support lgbtq. They start to themselves and we are all good. But hate the person? No. I’m glad you are happy where you live. It’s a great place if I could get my wife to move i would but she won’t leave her mom.

I would love to live in the country you live in where they stay to themselves. 

I have an uncle who was gay, and I witnessed the most beautiful form of love when his husband stayed by his side as he slowly faded away, dying from cancer. 

I’ve supported Pride up until it no longer became about love and inclusivity. 

It is now a religion.. and plenty of LGB’s will agree with me on that. 

Stop calling people hateful because you apparently live in a part of the country that’s been preserved in time when it comes to leftist ideology. 

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

This is just silly. I can’t believe you wouldn’t like someone because of their politics? Atlanta is a great area. I have a friend there and visited it many times. In wny, in the smaller rural areas republicans and dems do fine. I don’t see a lot of fighting over politics anyway. Maybe that’s cause I stay out of it. I don’t know how nyc is? I’ve never been to that city nor have I ever had a desire to go there. 

i would never let politics keep me from visiting or moving to a city, unless people are as close minded as you and the fighting over politics is out in the open and there is no peace. If you can’t get along with another person especially over politics you need to look in the mirror. 

NYC was great until DeBlasio got into office, now it's super sketchy. Like homeless taking dumps in the street and garbage everywhere.  Say what you want about Giuliani, but when he was mayor the city was clean and safe.  Those days are gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

op calling people hateful because you apparently live in a part of the country that’s been preserved in time when it comes to leftist ideology.

MAGA harkens back to the fictionalized time of the nuclear family, eating TV dinners, playing Little League and enjoying Bing Crosby.   Smiles and hugs all around. Sadly, this is almost the polar opposite of who many of them are.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yet your son remains. He. Must have gotten his mother’s genes

He remained because his GF is still enrolled (she graduates next month) and he got a job at a personal injury law firm nearby.  He's got a guaranteed job out of law school there if he wants it and will be able to take over the practice when the owner, who is 70, retires.

• Like (+1) 1