Senator Tuberville Holding Up Military Appointments

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine the outrage from the cult and Faux News if a Dem Senator held up these promotions?

And yes - you’re all a bunch of Putin ball washers:

I don’t think Tuberville is an agent of Russia, that’s your game.  How that factors into your obsession with Putin’s nads is beyond me. 

But…be productive. Take your allegations of treason directly to the Senator and the White House.  Email. Drive by looking for Vlad.  Go through his garbage.  

You’re wasting time here, Patriot.  

• Like (+1) 2

MAGA will do anything to hurt the USA 

Carlos Del Toro is secretary of the Navy. Frank Kendall is secretary of the Air Force. Christine Wormuth is secretary of the Army.

As the civilian leaders of the Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Army, we are proud to work alongside exceptional military leaders who are skilled, motivated and empowered to protect our national security.

These officers and the millions of service members they lead are the foundation of America’s enduring military advantage. Yet this foundation is being actively eroded by the actions of a single U.S. senator, Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.), who is blocking the confirmation of our most senior military officers.

And it is putting our national security at risk.

Thus far, the hold has prevented the Defense Department from placing almost 300 of our most experienced and battle-tested leaders into critical posts around the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/04/army-navy-air-force-secretaries-tuberville-military-hold/

• Eyeroll 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, BillStime said:

Can you imagine the outrage from the cult and Faux News if a Dem Senator held up these promotions?

And yes - you’re all a bunch of Putin ball washers:

Jesus, did Tuberville really say that

On 8/18/2023 at 9:55 AM, JDHillFan said:

The consequence of the Biden Administration insisting on taxpayer-funded abortion on demand for military birthing people/egg-producers puts our security at risk. 

You can say what you want on this, but this is not gonna be a winner at the ballot box. You can be assured that.

On 8/18/2023 at 9:29 AM, Chris farley said:

putting non-qualified people in military leadership positions based on Race, sex, gender vs qualifications puts our security at risk.

but here you are supporting just that.

Could you explain this a little further the people that are being put in leadership positions are not highly qualified

What Tuberville is essentially doing, is keeping the most qualified out of those positions by not giving promotions

This really falls under I don’t give a *****, because the second guy up in these positions is going to do a fine job while we work through the politics of the promotions

I just think that your comment was stupid

Edited by John from Riverside

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jesus, did Tuberville really say that

You can say what you want on this, but this is not gonna be a winner at the ballot box. You can be assured that.

Could you explain this a little further the people that are being put in leadership positions are not highly qualified

What Tuberville is essentially doing, is keeping the most qualified out of those positions by not giving promotions

This really falls under I don’t give a *****, because the second guy up in these positions is going to do a fine job while we work through the politics of the promotions

I just think that your comment was stupid

Yes. they are trying to promote based on race, sex and political position.  not based on actual resume and best person for the position.

I think you can't handle any narrative outside the MSM, or past the headline.  and react by calling it all "stupid."

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

for a handful of ideological people that ignore the death and carnage in the cities or a crap economy thats only working for the donor class.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Yes. they are trying to promote based on race, sex and political position.  not based on actual resume and best person for the position.

I think you can't handle any narrative outside the MSM, or past the headline.  and react by calling it all "stupid."

for a handful of ideological people that ignore the death and carnage in the cities or a crap economy thats only working for the donor class.

Unlike you, I read the bios of these candidates for these positions

There is no one being promoted that is unqualified

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Messing with the troops is never popular

The abortion ban is a total losing agenda

The Democrats are going to put January 6 and all of these other issues in front of people every day

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Messing with the troops is never popular

The abortion ban is a total losing agenda

The Democrats are going to put January 6 and all of these other issues in front of people every day

LMAO. If you say so.

hard to hear the TV narrative when people's stomachs are grumbling.  Oh yeah, and they sold the TV to make the sky-high mortgage payment since interest rates keep climbing.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Completely unrelated to the Senator's actions, but are you claiming that you have read the bios of over 300 0-6's and above?

Are you claiming that you are qualified to judge them as the best candidates for these positions, which was the claim you quoted?

It wasn't that they were unqualified, it was that they weren't the best candidates.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Completely unrelated to the Senator's actions, but are you claiming that you have read the bios of over 300 0-6's and above?

Are you claiming that you are qualified to judge them as the best candidates for these positions, which was the claim you quoted?

It wasn't that they were unqualified, it was that they weren't the best candidates.

I have not read all of them, but I have read several, especially those taking high-ranking positions in the Armed Forces

It’s interesting to me because well I’m a veteran and I used to read those bios whenever I was active duty

Now if we’re talking about a discussion of favoritism well, that’s been going on since the dawn of time in the military that was going on long before the supposed woke age

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I have not read all of them, but I have read several, especially those taking high-ranking positions in the Armed Forces

It’s interesting to me because well I’m a veteran and I used to read those bios whenever I was active duty

Now if we’re talking about a discussion of favoritism well, that’s been going on since the dawn of time in the military that was going on long before the supposed woke age

So, as a self proclaimed interested and informed individual, would you say that the nominee for Chief of Naval Operations, which is not the candidate that service recommended, is completely void of gender consideration?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

So, as a self proclaimed interested and informed individual, would you say that the nominee for Chief of Naval Operations, which is not the candidate that service recommended, is completely void of gender consideration?

This really falls under what I said about favoritism not being a new thing

We have gone decades, and decades of people being put into positions in the military that were just the popular of the moment

It doesn’t mean that they were not qualified, and it doesn’t mean that there were not others that were also qualified

They rotate in and out of these positions so other people will have opportunities a military officer does not stay in a particular position for very long

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This really falls under what I said about favoritism not being a new thing

We have gone decades, and decades of people being put into positions in the military that were just the popular of the moment

It doesn’t mean that they were not qualified, and it doesn’t mean that there were not others that were also qualified

They rotate in and out of these positions so other people will have opportunities a military officer does not stay in a particular position for very long

The question I asked was about the Chief of Naval Operations.

People do not "rotate in and out of that position," nor the other head of service positions. 

With knowledge of the single greatest threat posed to the Navy now, and for the next few years, a recommendation was made.

That recommendation was discounted and a different candidate was announced by the administration.

That is not to say she isn't qualified, it is to say that experts and operators in the loop do not consider her to be the best qualified, which was exactly what farley stated.

On the other hand another candidate that seemed to have a trait completely unrelated to competence, the one the administration recommended for FAA Administrator was completely unqualified, exposed as such in Senate confirmation hearings and subsequently withdrew.

• Thank you (+1) 1