Our New State Laws (USA) 7/01/23

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nice projection! You are the one admitting this law is just hate 

I defended the gun law, you have not defended any laws and the comment you made was ridiculous because i know plenty of immigrants  who drive legally, so why respond to something that is intentionally a lie?

Edited by Orlando Tim
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This law is just hate and on that alone it’s awful, just stupid 

Well there’s the massive fraud that seems to come with every state that allows it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

I defended the gun law, you have not defended any laws and the comment you made was ridiculous because i know plenty of immigrants  who drive legally, so why respond to something that is intentionally a lie?

I responded to the immigration drivers license and you just started with ridiculous questions. Hassling immigrants for political purposes is pretty Evil, and perfectly MAGA 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Well there’s the massive fraud that seems to come with every state that allows it. 

According to you, which isn’t saying much. Is not hurting you in any way at all, but ya, “fraud” whatever

The immigrants are better that MAGA, wish there was a replacement 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I responded to the immigration drivers license and you just started with ridiculous questions. Hassling immigrants for political purposes is pretty Evil, and perfectly MAGA 

I asked you to hold yourself to the same standard you asked me, and you were unable to do that. As I stated I know plenty of immigrants who don't have an issue getting a driver license which means you are lying by omission intentionally. 

22 hours ago, T&C said:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/07/01/new-state-laws-target-contentious-topics-of-gender--guns-and-abortion

One small snip... which is just one of the ones I like:

By contrast, a new Florida law voids driver's licenses issued by other states to people in the country illegally. The Florida law also requires hospitals participating in Medicaid to ask patients if they are citizens and requires companies with 25 or more employees to check work eligibility or else face the loss of business licenses and fines of $1,000 per day per employee.

This, how am I lying? 

You owe me an apology! 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This, how am I lying? 

You owe me an apology! 

Did you miss the key word? illegally would be that word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

According to you, which isn’t saying much. Is not hurting you in any way at all, but ya, “fraud” whatever

Is your contention that we should reward illegal aliens with drivers licenses?  

And what do you mean by a MAGA replacement?

16 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

If that is your issue can you name 3 laws recently passed by liberals that benefit the majority of our society?

1) Medicare is now able to negotiate lower prescription drug prices. LINK

2) US to spend $42 billion to make internet access universal by 2030. LINK

3) The Chips Act: 

Micron’s investing up to $100 billion to bring the country’s ‘largest semiconductor’ facility to SYRACUSE

Apple inks multi-billion-dollar deal with Broadcom for U.S.-made chips | Reuters

I'll even throw in one more for good measure: Biden signs the $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law

SO

MUCH

WINNING

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Thousands of cases of address fraud in both Maryland and New York resulting in cancellation/revocation of previously issued driving privileges. That’s just what I personally know of. 

Should slow down a lot in NY now that MA is issuing them too. 

Not to mention that the bar to “prove” your ID went way down as well. A freshly minted foreign passport and consular card (lol) is all it takes. Give me $3k and pick a Central American embassy and I’ll come out with both of those in a couple of hours. 

Oh and who can forget the nonsense with NY’s new online permit test. Decided to pull IPs six months in and, woopsie, turns out huge numbers of folks just so happened to take their permit test from the same apartment in queens. Weird! Though that’s not exactly exclusive to the illegal immigrants 

Edited by LeviF

For our friends with the memory of a goldfish:

https://www.timesunion.com/state/article/New-York-investigates-DMV-cheating-allegations-16622788.php

The investigators told DMV workers they suspected undocumented immigrants had been paying $3,000 or more to have someone take the online driver's permit tests for them, and were also using fraudulent residency documents and fake mailing addresses. Many of the individuals are suspected of exploiting the program to obtain pandemic-related state unemployment benefits even though they may live in other states or are residing outside the country, according to a person briefed on the matter.

5 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Is your contention that we should reward illegal aliens with drivers licenses?  

And what do you mean by a MAGA replacement?

It’s my contention that if someone is

going to drive that they be licensed and covered by insurance such that if they serious injure someone else in an accident their coverage is available to compensate that person.  The license is not a reward - the idea that someone here illegally wouldn’t illegally drive because of respect for one law but not the other is absurd.  It’s a form

of security for others that avails additional security for others.  I realize that for MAGA this is a difficult concept since so many of your worry only about yourselves.  

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

1) Medicare is now able to negotiate lower prescription drug prices. LINK

2) US to spend $42 billion to make internet access universal by 2030. LINK

3) The Chips Act: 

Micron’s investing up to $100 billion to bring the country’s ‘largest semiconductor’ facility to SYRACUSE

Apple inks multi-billion-dollar deal with Broadcom for U.S.-made chips | Reuters

I'll even throw in one more for good measure: Biden signs the $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law

SO

MUCH

WINNING

You just roasted tiny Tim.  We’ll done!! 

Edited by SectionC3

"Following years of litigation and changes, Washington will become the first state to deduct a tax from workers' paychecks to fund a mandatory long-term care insurance program for residents who can’t live independently due to illness, injury or aging-related conditions."

I thought that was what SS/VA etc. and all of their variations were for. Not against it but maybe it is being proactive if SS goes under as has been threatened.

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s my contention that if someone is

going to drive that they be licensed and covered by insurance such that if they serious injure someone else in an accident their coverage is available to compensate that person.  The license is not a reward - the idea that someone here illegally wouldn’t illegally drive because of respect for one law but not the other is absurd.  It’s a form

of security for others that avails additional security for others.  I realize that for MAGA this is a difficult concept since so many of your worry only about yourselves.  

Hoax.  First, you are not Tibs.  Second, I'm certainly not a maga. Third, your point is easy for anyone to understand, as trsnsparent, short sighted and misguided as it is. Fourth If magas were as selfish as you claim, wouldn't they WANT illegal aliens to have insurance to protect themselves?

The idea that being an illegal alien would prevent someone drive without a license is valid. Having a license provides proof of residence which you often need to purchase a vehicle in the first place.   And anyway, how do you know that the guy applying for the license is who he even says he is?  Do you trust your local DMV employee to be able to validate doccuments from other countries? I sure don't. 

But most importantly, giving a license is most certainly is a reward to the illegal immigrant. I think the closest thing I can think of here is another misguided concept known as squatter's rights. A driver's license given to an illegal immigrant has the same effect, you are telling someone that they as long as they can sneak in they are free to do as they please, and screw everyone else ( including the people that are trying to l

immigrate here LEGALLY).  And hey, while you're at it, remember to VOTE BLUE, because we let you cut the line!!! And don't forget to take out a college loan you won't ever have to repay!  

Its simple to me, unless you want to encourage more people entering the country illegally, why would you make it easier for them?  Now if you want to discuss a major increase to legal immigration, I'm all for it.  

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Hoax.  First, you are not Tibs.  Second, I'm certainly not a maga. Third, your point is easy for anyone to understand, as trsnsparent, short sighted and misguided as it is. Fourth If magas were as selfish as you claim, wouldn't they WANT illegal aliens to have insurance to protect themselves?

The idea that being an illegal alien would prevent someone drive without a license is valid. Having a license provides proof of residence which you often need to purchase a vehicle in the first place.   And anyway, how do you know that the guy applying for the license is who he even says he is?  Do you trust your local DMV employee to be able to validate doccuments from other countries? I sure don't. 

But most importantly, giving a license is most certainly is a reward to the illegal immigrant. I think the closest thing I can think of here is another misguided concept known as squatter's rights. A driver's license given to an illegal immigrant has the same effect, you are telling someone that they as long as they can sneak in they are free to do as they please, and screw everyone else ( including the people that are trying to l

immigrate here LEGALLY).  And hey, while you're at it, remember to VOTE BLUE, because we let you cut the line!!! And don't forget to take out a college loan you won't ever have to repay!  

Its simple to me, unless you want to encourage more people entering the country illegally, why would you make it easier for them?  Now if you want to discuss a major increase to legal immigration, I'm all for it.  

Hoax.  The grant of such a device simply means that a person will operate a motor vehicle legally (you haven't addressed my point about picking and choosing the laws you think illegals will obey) and that someone injured by the negligence of an illegal operating a motor vehicle may have a path to recovery.  I'm sorry you're so selfish that you don't care about those who may be hurt by an illegal negligently operating a motor vehicle.  It's myopic, and kind of sick, but that's where we are. 

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  The grant of such a device simply means that a person will operate a motor vehicle legally (you haven't addressed my point about picking and choosing the laws you think illegals will obey) and that someone injured by the negligence of an illegal operating a motor vehicle may have a path to recovery.  I'm sorry you're so selfish that you don't care about those who may be hurt by an illegal negligently operating a motor vehicle.  It's myopic, and kind of sick, but that's where we are. 

Hoax, see above.  Stop rewarding people for cheating and legitimacy trespassing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

How many illegal aliens with driver's licenses have insurance?  Merely giving them licenses means little if they're not also buying auto insurance.

The ones who entered illegally before 1972, for starters.