Stop whining!

Dr. K

Like Springsteen said,  "It's a town for losers. I'm pulling out of here to win." 

I left 21 years ago, but the mindset stays. All those lost super bowls and Stanley cups along with a decimated local economy produces a feeling of negativity that runs deep. 

Buffalo is a tough place for tough people, but it can weigh on the mind after awhile. 

Just one super bowl or Stanley cup would do a ton to alleviate that feeling. 

• Dislike 1

On 6/22/2023 at 7:10 AM, Don Otreply said:

The mud elephant wading through the sea leaves no tracks,

On 6/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, teef said:

if i post my financials, will that elevate my standing on this board?

On 6/22/2023 at 9:08 PM, transient said:

Word on the street is what really bumps your cred is to prodigiously ascend to heights others could only dream of and then drop little tone-deaf nuggets of poop on the loathsome mortals scurrying around on the ground in an effort to convince yourself that you are NOT a joke. Bonus points if you can incorporate a tired little flow chart and use it ad nauseum because it really makes you feel clever

Venn diagrams also really boost one's perceived cleverness.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:24 AM, Dr. K said:

For pity's sake, this place has become unreadable. Remember when you were a kid and sports were fun?

IN THE DESERT

by Stephen Crane

In the desert

I saw a Buffalo Bills fan, naked, bestial,

Who, squatting upon the ground,

Held his heart in his hands,

And ate of it.

I said, “Is it good, friend?”

“It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;

“But I like it

“Because it is bitter,

“And because it is my heart.”

Just sports,  it's great we're contending and finally have an elite player at the most important position on the field.  Some fans have higher expectations and losing to the Bengals at home the way we did was a serious let down after one of the biggest late game meltdowns jobs in NFL playoff history 13 secs. The AFC east is no longer a guarantee,  the Dolphins and Jets are real and both got better this offseason.  

Should be an interesting season and let's see what happens,  I am kinda happy pundits are not picking us like last season and hope that offers some motivation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.