Chris Christie Enters The Race

16 hours ago, Andy1 said:

If republicans would nominate Christie, I think he would get a lot of independents and win. I doubt that would happen though. His crazy quotient isn’t high enough to win the primary. 

Are you serious? He might just have the 2nd highest crazy quotient on the primary stage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is the Biden path, Hawk, that gave the nation Trump.  

Christie is another in a long line of politicians paying lip service to a problem they clearly don’t want to solve, trashing a guy who at the very least moved the needle in an attempt to solve it.  

Christie is a blowhard, a chubby version of Joe Biden, or the late John McCain, or Harry Reid and the like.  

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the Biden path, Hawk, that gave the nation Trump.  

Christie is another in a long line of politicians paying lip service to a problem they clearly don’t want to solve, trashing a guy who at the very least moved the needle in an attempt to solve it.  

Christie is a blowhard, a chubby version of Joe Biden, or the late John McCain, or Harry Reid and the like.  

it's likely to be appealing to swing voters.  He's not wrong on the pesos and trump is easy to kick when he's down.  Probably little chance for the R nomination tho.

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

it's likely to be appealing to swing voters.  He's not wrong on the pesos and trump is easy to kick when he's down.  Probably little chance for the R nomination tho.

The only people I have heard say anything positive about him, are dems.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Christie:

1. Doesn't stand a chance.

2. Was an effective governor or what (at the time) looked like a pretty ungovernable state. How exactly he got tax reform through the Democratic machine there is kind of a miracle.

3. Did himself in with his mafia-style political retribution tactics. Maybe that's how he got (2) done after all.

4. Is at least not afraid of Trump, but in the way that freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

5. Really needs to get on the debate stage, but if he does, expect Trump to say "I'm out."

I remember a time (2014?) when The Fat Man was the Republican frontrunner for the 2016 nomination. Seems like eons ago.