The Pride Flag

Just now, SectionC3 said:

This presumes the pride flag is political.  It is not.  And, the point remains, you’re more worried about rainbows than you are about treason and insurrection.  Unto each their own,  I suppose. 

The original Pride Flag wasn’t political. The new one clearly is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The original Pride Flag wasn’t political. The new one clearly is. 

How so?  (And again, you’re prioritizing rainbows over treason.) 

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Bribery is right next to treason in the constitution.

What’s your point? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

This presumes the pride flag is political.  It is not.  And, the point remains, you’re more worried about rainbows than you are about treason and insurrection.  Unto each their own,  I suppose. 

And that’s by design.

Why does this thread exist?

To distract from what’s really going on.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How so?  (And again, you’re prioritizing rainbows over treason.) 

What’s your point? 

Prioritizing? Nope. The American flag is the one that stands against treason. I haven’t suggested a problem with that one. 😉

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Westside said:

You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face! You and your ilk are horrible people.

how do you convince yourself to live in a fantasy world that didn't even exist 50 years a go, when America was even more racist and the average person was poorer.  You are pathetic wastes of protoplasm.

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

how do you convince yourself to live in a fantasy world that didn't even exist 50 years a go, when America was even more racist and the average person was poorer.  You are pathetic wastes of protoplasm.

I think you meant to say ‘deplorable’. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Prioritizing? Nope. The American flag is the one that stands against treason. I haven’t suggested a problem with that one. 😉

I disagree.  You also don’t properly support the American flag.  The biggest threat in to our democratic republic since at least the 1940s, if not the 1860s, is what occurred on January 6.  I saw plenty of Trump/MAGA flags in the photos of the insurrection.  Nary a complaint from you has been voiced about that gross act of sedition (@ChrisFarley, for once, is right - it was a seditious incident relative to which nobody has been convicted of treason).  And yet we have this concern about a flag that represents inclusion of people who deserve to be accepted, respected, and treated equally within our society.   If there’s anything to be concerned about relative to a flag at the Capitol, it’s the seditious banners, not those reflecting kindness, love, acceptance, and equality. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:
7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I disagree.  You also don’t properly support the American flag.  The biggest threat in to our democratic republic since at least the 1940s, if not the 1860s, is what occurred on January 6.  I saw plenty of Trump/MAGA flags in the photos of the insurrection.  Nary a complaint from you has been voiced about that gross act of sedition (@ChrisFarley, for once, is right - it was a seditious incident relative to which nobody has been convicted of treason).  And yet we have this concern about a flag that represents inclusion of people who deserve to be accepted, respected, and treated equally within our society.   If there’s anything to be concerned about relative to a flag at the Capitol, it’s the seditious banners, not those reflecting kindness, love, acceptance, and equality. 

This flag is about having to accept men who parade naked?

Edited by Pokebball

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m not sure why you keep connecting these two things but let me see how far YOU are willing to go.

I’m willing to bet that I was many many miles further away from Washington DC then you were on January 6th. I didn’t go and I didn’t support it after finding out about it. (I was ….at work!)

Are you willing to say the same for these immoral degenerates who indecently expose themselves during “Pride” parades?

It’s your move Section. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure why you keep connecting these two things but let me see how far YOU are willing to go.

I’m willing to bet that I was many many miles further away from Washington DC then you were on January 6th. I didn’t go and I didn’t support it after finding out about it. (I was ….at work!)

Are you willing to say the same for these immoral degenerates who indecently expose themselves during “Pride” parades?

It’s your move Section. 

Bottom line: you’re complaining about a Pride flag at the Capitol.  I have pointed out that the Pride flag is relatively insignificant when compared to the MAGA flags flown at the Capitol during the insurrection.  I have also pointed out that you have not complained about the flying of MAGA flags during that event.  If you’d like to complain about symbolism at the Capitol, I have suggested that you start with something that was a core threat to the foundation of our democractic republic, rather than getting all bunched up about some rainbows.  You have a myopic focus on rainbows and what I understand to be disrespectful and inappropriate behavior of people at certain parades.  I think you accurately noted the oddity of your view in your most recent post - your concerns are with morality, whereas mine lie with constitutionality and the bedrock principles that support this country.  

Finally, there is a big difference between not supporting something and condemning it.  I condemn January 6.  You don’t.  That’s sad. 

49 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

LOL at the profiles parroting the J6 theatre like it was 9/11 or pearl harbor.

when in reality it was on par with the summer of rage/Lafyette square

Hoax.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bottom line: you’re complaining about a Pride flag at the Capitol.  I have pointed out that the Pride flag is relatively insignificant when compared to the MAGA flags flown at the Capitol during the insurrection.  I have also pointed out that you have not complained about the flying of MAGA flags during that event.  If you’d like to complain about symbolism at the Capitol, I have suggested that you start with something that was a core threat to the foundation of our democractic republic, rather than getting all bunched up about some rainbows.  You have a myopic focus on rainbows and what I understand to be disrespectful and inappropriate behavior of people at certain parades.  I think you accurately noted the oddity of your view in your most recent post - your concerns are with morality, whereas mine lie with constitutionality and the bedrock principles that support this country.  

Finally, there is a big difference between not supporting something and condemning it.  I condemn January 6.  You don’t.  That’s sad. 

Hoax.  

So there you have it.

You're a total partisan hack. Thanks for playing. 

I’ll trust that everyone else on this board takes note of this exchange. Unbelievable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Definitely took note.  He's absolutely correct.  Well said, Section C3.

Excellent 

Another purely partisan hack exposed. 
I have absolutely no idea how you guys expect to run a country with this type of ‘elections have consequences’ attitude, but you’re clearly not tired of trying. 
Good luck! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So there you have it.

You're a total partisan hack. Thanks for playing. 

I’ll trust that everyone else on this board takes note of this exchange. Unbelievable 

You got schooled, and the best you can come back with is “partisan hack.”  If defending the Constitution and the rule of law makes me partisan, then so be it.  That says more about MAGA than it does about anything else. 

this is not to say that I do not share some of your concerns relative to morality.  But I happen to think that if we’re going to worry about symbolism at the Capitol, the conversation begins with and focuses on January 6.  Everything else is either irrelevant or relationally inconsequential. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1