DeSantis' Follies

Can you source where the PAC hired him? 

Cause the old google machine says.

https://www.flgov.com/2023/01/04/governor-ron-desantis-appoints-jose-r-oliva-to-the-board-of-governors-of-the-state-university-system/

Oliva is the Chief Executive Officer at Oliva International Foods. A former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, he served as a State Representative from 2011–2020. Oliva is the current Director of the Cuban Liberty Council and serves on the Oliva Cigar Company Board of Directors. He previously served on the Hialeah Census Board and Housing Commission

But here is where his pac hired folks from the trump/cruz runs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/never-back-down-ron-desantis-super-pac-hires-donald-trump-glenn-youngkin-ted-cruz-campaigns/

Florida judge rules DeSantis’ redistricting map unconstitutional over impact on Black voters

Central to the case is former U.S. Rep. Al Lawson, D-Fla., whose district splintered under the new map. The lawmaker, who is black, had previously enjoyed support from a wide base of Black voters in the district, but he lost his race by 20 points under the new map.

Republicans in the Florida legislature had previously introduced a redistricting map that likely would have allowed Lawson to win re-election, but the DeSantis administration put forward its own version of the map and vowed to veto any other.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-judge-rules-desantis-redistricting-map-unconstitutional-impact-black-voters

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Florida judge rules DeSantis’ redistricting map unconstitutional over impact on Black voters

Central to the case is former U.S. Rep. Al Lawson, D-Fla., whose district splintered under the new map. The lawmaker, who is black, had previously enjoyed support from a wide base of Black voters in the district, but he lost his race by 20 points under the new map.

Republicans in the Florida legislature had previously introduced a redistricting map that likely would have allowed Lawson to win re-election, but the DeSantis administration put forward its own version of the map and vowed to veto any other.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-judge-rules-desantis-redistricting-map-unconstitutional-impact-black-voters

Just like the courts had to do in NY.  Is that a side affect of the domestic migration moving electoral?

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Just like the courts had to do in NY.  Is that a side affect of the domestic migration moving electoral?

ALF lives 18 miles from Buffalo in the most gerrymandered   republican districts of all NYS .

As a result of redistricting after the 2020 U.S. Census, Representative Claudia Tenney now has the honor of serving New York’s 24th Congressional district in the 118th Congress. Our sprawling district includes parts of 12 counties, spanning from the North Country, through Central New York, the Finger Lakes Region, and Western New York.

17 hours ago, ALF said:

ALF lives 18 miles from Buffalo in the most gerrymandered   republican districts of all NYS .

As a result of redistricting after the 2020 U.S. Census, Representative Claudia Tenney now has the honor of serving New York’s 24th Congressional district in the 118th Congress. Our sprawling district includes parts of 12 counties, spanning from the North Country, through Central New York, the Finger Lakes Region, and Western New York.

one of the most, I am in the same district.

I was just pointing out that if someone didn't step in, NYS was going to make it even more gerrymandered.  

Just as most states do.

but the bigger issue is the electoral or amount of house members sent for federal representation long term.

Edited by Chris farley

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Fetterman -- "I dress like he campaigns."

So . . . . . . . .  you get dressed with the help of an entire team of people?

The senator (or whoever really wrote the tweet, isn't very smart.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Fetterman -- "I dress like he campaigns."

So . . . . . . . .  you get dressed with the help of an entire team of people?

The senator (or whoever really wrote the tweet, isn't very smart.

DeSantis campaigns like a goon?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

DeSantis campaigns like a goon?

Like a goon? Really?

Fetterman dresses like someone who doesn't give AF as to what people think about how he dresses. His actions speak for him. I'd imagine his folksy ways would appeal to folksy Republican voters if he weren't so blue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Like a goon? Really?

Fetterman dresses like someone who doesn't give AF as to what people think about how he dresses. His actions speak for him. I'd imagine his folksy ways would appeal to folksy Republican voters if he weren't so blue.

Yes, really.  It's embarrassing for a Senator. 

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Fetterman should wear a suit

DeSantis should talk about something important 

The lowering of standards isn't an important topic?

4 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

No more embarrassing than giving handies at a kids play!

I've already said it was classless.

Edited by Doc

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

We are talking about dress standards.  And yes in the grand scheme of things dress standards aren't that important to me and probably most of America. 

I am interested in the economy, healthcare, jobs, foreign affairs, etc. not how people dress

--

Meatball has just got nothing important to say anymore. Its a dying campaign so he's throwing stuff out there to see if anything sticks

It's far from dying.  If the Dems succeed, Trump will be out of the picture.  

And Fetterman is a symptom of the larger disease.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1