DeSantis' Follies

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

You kidding me? I had to be sober for the greatest day in this nation’s history. The final curb stomp to the cult’s head.

The best is yet to come. DeSantis dangles a possible pardon to Trump to drop out or take it easy on him but that threat of a pardon turns out D voters in record numbers in ‘24. This election is about Trump either way you slice it.

Many victories ahead.

I do sincerely hope you keep winning 

Too many thing’s continue to be about trump

If i didn’t have kids i wouldn’t care either, it would just be a spectator sport 

Desantis had a real shot. Popular governor, the word is operationally excellent, young politician looking guy, young appealing family. Even did a decent job in the pandemic era. He went too far warring with Disney.  meh speaker, and bad campaign Launch. The only good news is he’s still got 3 decades to work out the kinks since we elect 70 year olds anyway. 

His biggest issue is staying relevant after he leaves the governors mansion. He can’t exactly take a job at Newsmax and then run again. He would pretty much be forgotten and the entire political landscape would be different. I don’t think there’s a senate seat opening anytime soon either.

Thats why he felt forced to run this time around.

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Desantis had a real shot. Popular governor, the word is operationally excellent, young politician looking guy, young appealing family. Even did a decent job in the pandemic era. He went too far warring with Disney.  meh speaker, and bad campaign Launch. The only good news is he’s still got 3 decades to work out the kinks since we elect 70 year olds anyway. 

Someone has a crush

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Just give us something better than trump or Biden.. let’s start there 

The best thing he can do is fire his entire team tomorrow. That should happen BEFORE Iowa. He’s just a candidate. Candidates are dumb and need to be told what to say. His team has him saying all the wrong things. This race isn’t the race that they envisioned running 1 year ago. 

He allowed himself to be defined as a mini-Trump by passing all of these weird, bombastic laws. That’s what he initially wanted to become relevant, but throughout that process he made it impossible to move towards the center.

27 minutes ago, Governor said:

Apparently not. He’s underwater with independents and moderates. About the same as Trump.

Joke's underwater with everyone.  Hell his own party doesn't want him to run again.

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

The best thing he can do is fire his entire team tomorrow. That should happen BEFORE Iowa. He’s just a candidate. Candidates are dumb and need to be told what to say. His team has him saying all the wrong things. This race isn’t the race that they envisioned running 1 year ago. 

He allowed himself to be defined as a mini-Trump by passing all of these weird, bombastic laws. That’s what he initially wanted to become relevant, but throughout that process he made it impossible to move towards the center.

I think you’re right on this. I’ll only say unfortunately because I think if he wasn’t chasing far right political points, as a moderate he seems he could be operationally competent. 

but he may not be up for the Hollywood aspect of the game. And he’s got a 30 point deficit to a generationally gifted self promoter. 

Republican voters won’t see the big picture during the primaries 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think you’re right on this. I’ll only say unfortunately because I think if he wasn’t chasing far right political points, as a moderate he seems he could be operationally competent. 

but he may not be up for the Hollywood aspect of the game. And he’s got a 30 point deficit to a generationally gifted self promoter. 

Republican voters won’t see the big picture during the primaries 

With the other candidates still afraid of Trump, I see a clear path for Christie but will he take it? He worked for that administration also. Going too hard at Trump could come off as disingenuous to voters.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

With the other candidates still afraid of Trump, I see a clear path for Christie but will he take it? He worked for that administration also. Going too hard at Trump could come off as disingenuous to voters.

You think DeSantis is afraid of Trump?  And Christie has no shot.  He's got to lose about 60 lbs.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

it might be hard for Christie’s disdain for trump to seem disingenuous given that he clearly ***** hates him 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

So far he is. Take a look at his response to the indictments.

Nope.  There's a difference between decrying the unequal application of justice and being afraid of someone.

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it might be hard for Christie’s disdain for trump to seem disingenuous given that he clearly ***** hates him 😂 

Christie’s CNN interview was pretty good. He pandered a bit to the “but her emails” crowd but otherwise solid. If he stays on this track he could be the safe candidate for people to jump to right before the clown cart drives off the cliff.

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Christie’s CNN interview was pretty good. He pandered a bit to the “but her emails” crowd but otherwise solid. If he stays on this track he could be the safe candidate for people to jump to right before the clown cart drives off the cliff.

Even the liberal msm knows there is a double standard here. They are all spending the entire episodes trying to develop any narrative on ‘this is why it’s different this time’ 

Btw, dear gawd Linsey Graham is terrible on camera. 

2 hours ago, Governor said:

So far he is. Take a look at his response to the indictments.

Dude get out of your echo chamber- DeSantis has attacked Trump plenty, when appropriate, but does not just attack for no reason. We will see what happens over the next few months but DeSantis and Trump will be the real knock down drag out.