Can you recall a time you didn’t watch a Bills game and got the result after the game?

Another Fan

The last bills game I didn’t either watch or at least keep up with online in real time was in 2008 against the 49ers. We lost 10-3 and it seemed like a pretty pitiful effort. It was my dad’s 60th birthday and we were in Hawaii. Aside from that, I’ve planned my schedule around games without exception. If you’re checking an NFL teams message board several times a day in April, you can’t miss any games during the season. I don’t know how the folks who attend church deal with this. Sounds complicated.

Edited by Zag20

On 4/24/2023 at 12:56 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I did the Bills Backers club in Columbus Ohio from 1992 to 2000. It was a good experience.  I dont drink but the food was good. Not sure if it is still there. It was more restaurant than bar.

The Bills Backers club in Portland is a small bar with no real food and no kids allowed.  Walked in once and walked out. Terrible venue. 

Sunday ticket and my 60 in screen is the only way I'm watching a game that I dont attend. 

Well it's Portland what did you expect ? 

Most of the 2009 season.  I was so angry that the Bills brought Dick Jauron back as HC after the debacle of the 2008 season (5-1 in the first games, 2-8 the rest of the season), that I not only didn't renew my season tix but didn't watch any of the Bills games until the 10th game of the 2009 season, which was Perry Fewell's first game as interim HC.     That was the game when Fitzpatrick came in to relieve Tentative Trent Edwards and hit Terrell Owens on that 98-yard TD pass (I think it was Fitzy's first pass).

Last regular or post season game I didn't watch was the 2013 game @ New Orleans. I was at Wembley watching the 49ers. But the last game I didn't watch and wasn't tracking the score live would be like 2005 maybe. In those days I just looked up the result on a Monday and then watched the halftime highlight roundup in the UK MNF broadcast. 

In my Bills adult fandom (post college 22 on) I know because of the dumb blackout rule I missed a few in 2010-2011 so it was listen to Murph or nothing. They also were so bad I probably did not watch a few. But of since 2013 the Bills have been such a part of our Sunday routine that the only time I can think of ironically was the Bills Phins this last season at home. My wife went to the game and I wasn't gonna spend a bunch of money on a TV package for one night so I worked on my trains in the basement and just looked at ESPN from time to time to see an update. To be 100% honest I was far less stressed about the outcome which even though they won people were annoyed with the game and the refs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.