McGahee Does Not Practice

Bills | McGahee Does Not Practice - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 26 May 2005 17:36:28 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB Willis McGahee decided not take part in practice Thursday, May 26. The team concluded the first week of organized team activities today.

Bills | Lee Gets Most of the Reps - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 26 May 2005 17:33:35 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB ReShard Lee received most of the carries at practice Thursday, May 26 as the team wrapped up a week of organized team

No big deal.  Lots of guys didnt show up.  I wouldnt lose sleep over it.  Willis was probably bowling.

346039[/snapback]

And having a kielbasa sandwich and a pitcher of Genny. No wait, his name his not Magaski! Maybe something is up!

willis was playing madden with roscoe out in their orchard park crib, then they hit the mall and bought some ben wallace #4 jerseys and matching hats then went to the olive garden for pasta and salad, then smoked some weed and then called over some bitches.

346077[/snapback]

Sounds like a day well spent :lol:

hi guys, new poster, long time lurker, used to post in the ol anonymous days

anyways. mcgahee didnt show up for the OTAs because alumni from the U have their own workouts. meaning he was down in miami training with Ray Lewis and Jeremy Shockey and Warren Sapp and... the list goes on. so thats no too bad.

Ex-Canes return to practice in Miami

Former Hurricanes in the NFL have a habit of returning to their alma mater during the offseason. They prefer to train at the University of Miami instead of practicing with current teammates or coaches. That is the kind of faith athletes have in the strength and conditioning program at Miami. Now young players from other schools have gotten into the routine.

Two such players who made an appearance at UM's Hecht Athletic Center this year are the Green Bay Packers' Javon Walker (Florida State) and the New York Giants' Plaxico Burress (Michigan State). Both wide receivers are clients of agent Drew Rosenhaus, who is notorious for representing former Canes.

An impressive list of UM products who worked out in Coral Gables this year includes:

- Green Bay Packers TE Bubba Franks

- Buffalo Bills RB Willis McGahee

- Washington Redskins WR Santana Moss

- Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis

- Washington Redskins FS Sean Taylor

- New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey

- Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James

The closed sessions are run by UM strength coach Andreu Swasey and are administered separately from current Hurricanes. The regiment has NFL players working out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday beginning at 11 am ET. They lift weights, run sprints, and make their way through a sandbox. To improve explosiveness, athletes do shuttle runs, practice high-stepping, and tip-toe through ladders. They play informal basketball games to aid their fitness level.

Though some NFL coaches wish young stars would exercise under the guidance of their employers, most respect the professional atmosphere fostered by head coach Larry Coker and his staff. They also understand the tradition at the University of Miami, which began with players returning in the early 90's to mentor young Hurricanes, is unlikely to end soon.

hi guys, new poster, long time lurker, used to post in the ol anonymous days

anyways.  mcgahee didnt show up for the OTAs because alumni from the U have their own workouts.  meaning he was down in miami training with Ray Lewis and Jeremy Shockey and Warren Sapp and... the list goes on. so thats no too bad.

346086[/snapback]

Exactamundo, Dr D! There was a very good articla on this a couple weeks back. These ex-Hurricanes are not exactly goofing off.

U of Miami alumni workouts

Hey, at least Willis McGahee is working out down with his buddies in Florida. 

I have this feeling that Big Mike didnt make it to the OTA because he needs to dedicate himself to Burger King's new breakfast menu.

346122[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken "fat Mike" as I guess he is now called (since Pat Williams is no longer around) was finishing up his degree at University of Texas...

If I am not mistaken "fat Mike" as I guess he is now called (since Pat Williams is no longer around) was finishing up his degree at University of Texas...

346151[/snapback]

And after seeing film of him recently, I fail to see any " fat " in the mid-section. He looks completely different from last season. Far better shape.

The team can't make OTAs mandatory - doing so would violate the CBA. But there is an expectation that players participate. I think it's unfortunate that all the guys don't participate.

Where that great team player who everyone is so hot on?  You know our backup running back?  Come on he is such a great football player and a team player who always works hard.

346264[/snapback]

He's doing the smart thing and not risking an injury that would jeopardise a trade. Your TH bashing is getting really old. :huh: