McGahee Does Not Practice

hi guys, new poster, long time lurker, used to post in the ol anonymous days

anyways.  mcgahee didnt show up for the OTAs because alumni from the U have their own workouts.  meaning he was down in miami training with Ray Lewis and Jeremy Shockey and Warren Sapp and... the list goes on. so thats no too bad.

346086[/snapback]

Welcome abord, Dr.!

He's doing the smart thing and not risking an injury that would jeopardise a trade.  Your TH bashing is getting really old.  :huh:

346272[/snapback]

Where did I bash there? I just repeated what the hot pocket crowd around here has been saying.

willis was playing madden with roscoe out in their orchard park crib, then they hit the mall and bought some ben wallace #4 jerseys and matching hats then went to the olive garden for pasta and salad, then smoked some weed and then called over some bitches.

346077[/snapback]

Geez, I call it a good day if I just get to Olive Garden. I gotta raise my expectations a little............... :huh:

OK so last year and in 2003 everyone shows up just like the Pats and we finish 6-10 and 9-7. This year we have guys not showing up and we should all be concerned about it? These things aren't that important to veteran players. Rookies need them but the vets do not.

OK so last year and in 2003 everyone shows up just like the Pats and we finish 6-10 and 9-7.  This year we have guys not showing up and we should all be concerned about it?  These things aren't that important to veteran players.  Rookies need them but the vets do not.

346600[/snapback]

Really? I'd think McGahee wouldn't want to wait until training camp to get used to a new starting QB and LT (whoever that turns out to be).

But then, I've been wrong before.....

willis was playing madden with roscoe out in their orchard park crib, then they hit the mall and bought some ben wallace #4 jerseys and matching hats then went to the olive garden for pasta and salad, then smoked some weed and then called over some bitches.

346077[/snapback]

:lol: too freakin funny man!!

And after seeing film of him recently, I fail to see any " fat " in the mid-section. He looks completely different from last season. Far better shape.

346162[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. I have seen him here on the UT campus a few times, he looks very fit for a guy his size. I was being sarcastic. Personally, I don't think Mike Williams has been near the bust that some here insist that he is/will be.

Really? I'd think McGahee wouldn't want to wait until training camp to get used to a new starting QB and LT (whoever that turns out to be).

But then, I've been wrong before.....

346658[/snapback]

I just don't see it as being that big of a deal Lori. Training Camp is where things really get fine tuned. The mini camps in May and June basically consist of flag football type play. Willis knows the playbook, and that's the main thing they work on durring mini camp.

Just doesn't seem like too big of a deal to me.

I just don't see it as being that big of a deal Lori.  Training Camp is where things really get fine tuned.  The mini camps in May and June basically consist of flag football type play.  Willis knows the playbook, and that's the main thing they work on durring mini camp.

Just doesn't seem like too big of a deal to me.

346842[/snapback]

You're assuming the playbook is the same as last year's, even though Mularkey and Clements have a speedy new QB to scheme around. That may be a dangerous assumption.

Besides - we ragged on Travis for missing OTAs last year, and I'm an equal-opportunity basher... :lol:

You're assuming the playbook is the same as last year's, even though Mularkey and Clements have a speedy new QB to scheme around. That may be a dangerous assumption.

Besides - we ragged on Travis for missing OTAs last year, and I'm an equal-opportunity basher...  :lol:

346851[/snapback]

Well I can say that I did not bash Travis for missing the mini camp. Do I think it would be beneficial for Willis to show up? Of course. Will it make or break our season? I don't believe so. So based on those two things I really don't think it's too big of a deal. Not one to jump overboard about anyways.

if there are new plays, willis already has copies of them.

and in these OTAs, they only run very few different plays. theyre not out there calling the whole playbook. theyre looking at rookies and fringe players technique, where they have to work, etc.

id almost rather have him down there where he's happy, working out and not risking injury making a stupid cut in an OTA

EDIT: thanks for the welcome, glad to be here