Bills D without the "Maine Event"

Beck Water

6 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

The Bills need to build the team around Josh. Meaning better Oline and more weapons. This is how to win in this league

It's officially time to emphasize your offense ahead of defense.  I think Sean is finally realizing that. I think the OL will continue to be upgraded beyond McGovern/Edwards in the draft. Maybe we can snag Dhop at a reasonable price??  Surround Josh and never stop. 

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

People are about to find out that this is not true

Tremaine Edmunds made it very difficult to work the middle of the field, and regardless of who we draft we’re going to see teams start to do it

Did he make huge hits know was his coverage bad at times yes we are going to see that. It’s like that for every linebacker.

But it’s going to be several million dollars cheaper to watch it

Edmunds had three good games his entire rookie contract. He’s bad in coverage, bad in run stop, not very smart and obviously not loyal. Addition by subtraction.  People are about to find out just how bad he was and watch the D improve from last year. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 11:36 PM, Beck Water said:

Where's DC Tom when you need him?

You have to @ me if you want a timely response.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:18 PM, Kiva said:

We’ve improved just by having him off the team. It’s a blessing. 

You're an idiot.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 3/26/2023 at 10:15 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Great analysis!

Agree on all of this.  Re: dime defense...yes, I would keep Milano on the field and roll with an extra safety/CB (perhaps Benford or draft pick).  It's a deep and talented class at corner, could be worth consideration.

But my $ isn't on them switching to Dime, outside of team specific matchups (ie: occasionally against KC).  I do like Bernard on passing downs, basically a big safety/big dime defense.  He's versatile to blitz/instinctive, but lacks the size and strentght to be a 3 down player (IMO)

Rapp would likely be the extra DB in on Dime packages

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.