Canisius vs Minnesota

Buffalo716

"Hey, Redlight!" was a common nickname bestowed upon goalies in the industrial leagues and pickup games at Fort Erie arenas over the years.  In pickup games, they would often hang a dish towel off the crossbar if a goalie was absent that night.  Alternately, turn the net around, and the opposing team has to bank it off the end boards.

Griffs goaltender has a sunburned back of the neck now.  Couldn't stop a beach ball later in that game.

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yep that absolutely swung the entire momentum of the game around.  I felt like Canisius was going toe to toe with them until the penalty and the goals they gave up shorthanded.

Wait... There were shorthanded goals too? That'll do it!

Look on bright side... The Golden Griffs had a long way to go to become Thailand:

https://darrenbarefoot.com/2007/01/29/kazakhstan-pastes-thailand-at-the-asian-winter-games/

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wait... There were shorthanded goals too? That'll do it!

Look on bright side... The Golden Griffs had a long way to go to become Thailand:

https://darrenbarefoot.com/2007/01/29/kazakhstan-pastes-thailand-at-the-asian-winter-games/

It was 3-2 Minnesota halfway through the game but then Canisius took a 5 minute major and gave up a couple goals to give Minn a 5-2 lead.  I knew it was over at that point and went to bed lol.  

The Canisius Golden Griffins aren’t building anything until they get there own Basketball and Hockey athletics facility like the Boston College Hockey area schools that have arenas of 5,000 they use for basketball and hockey. Canisius isn’t winning with KAC basketball and Harbor Center hockey with 2,000 fans is way too small. You make your own miracles with money in sports. Buffalo college athletics has very little money investment wise to ever make that happen with our four area Division I schools. There is no shortcuts to winning championships you make the investment you win you don’t you get like what Buffalo gets with a lot of things not just Griffs hockey. Buffalo fans want the Buffalo Sabres to win a Stanley Cup make a $70 million dollar investment in a practice facility for the Buffalo Sabres and a home for there AHL farm team like the Vegas Golden Knights have. You want UB Bulls in the Power 5 Conference make the investment. You want the St Bonaventure Bonnies to get to the Final Four again grow the fan base beyond Olean. That was another lost opportunity not doming the new Buffalo Bills Stadium it could have been the Bonnies home away from home St Bonaventure is what 60 to 70 minutes from Orchard Park. The Bonnies need 25,000 to 30,000 fans to go to there games to compete with these college basketball power programs. Again Buffalo can’t get MLB, MLS or NBA today.

But we could try to make what we got better Division I college sports and we don’t do it. We don’t even try or even plan anything everything is can’t too heavy a lift. Just all or nothing on a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl and when that doesn’t happen some are really disappointed. I don’t like those odds the Buffalo Bills or bust for a National championship. We need to do better Minnesota has lots of opportunities for national championships NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, NBA and major college sports in the Big Ten Conference because the city chose to make the investment and Buffalo chose not to it seems pretty simple to me in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Canisius Golden Griffins aren’t building anything until they get there own Basketball and Hockey athletics facility like the Boston College Hockey area schools that have arenas of 5,000 they use for basketball and hockey. Canisius isn’t winning with KAC basketball and Harbor Center hockey with 2,000 fans is way too small. You make your own miracles with money in sports. Buffalo college athletics has very little money investment wise to ever make that happen with our four area Division I schools. There is no shortcuts to winning championships you make the investment you win you don’t you get like what Buffalo gets with a lot of things not just Griffs hockey. Buffalo fans want the Buffalo Sabres to win a Stanley Cup make a $70 million dollar investment in a practice facility for the Buffalo Sabres and a home for there AHL farm team like the Vegas Golden Knights have. You want UB Bulls in the Power 5 Conference make the investment. You want the St Bonaventure Bonnies to get to the Final Four again grow the fan base beyond Olean. That was another lost opportunity not doming the new Buffalo Bills Stadium it could have been the Bonnies home away from home St Bonaventure is what 60 to 70 minutes from Orchard Park. The Bonnies need 25,000 to 30,000 fans to go to there games to compete with these college basketball power programs. Again Buffalo can’t get MLB, MLS or NBA today.

But we could try to make what we got better Division I college sports and we don’t do it. We don’t even try or even plan anything everything is can’t too heavy a lift. Just all or nothing on a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl and when that doesn’t happen some are really disappointed. I don’t like those odds the Buffalo Bills or bust for a National championship. We need to do better Minnesota has lots of opportunities for national championships NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, NBA and major college sports in the Big Ten Conference because the city chose to make the investment and Buffalo chose not to it seems pretty simple to me in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You’re trying to compare Canisius to Boston college which is 10 times the size lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.