The Walls be Closing

Kemp

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Read the Fountainhead. (Don’t watch the movie.) Some maintain that it’s based on his persona. 

Yeah I tried to get my bookclub to read actual books last nite.  our public library has cool kits.  It was rejected in favor of Irish Whiskey, tractors and ATV's.   I'm a bit worse for wear this am.  I'll check it out.  A visit to the guggenheim is a visit to a museum in a museum...

https://unsplash.com/s/photos/guggenheim-museum

I'll take idiot from NC label as a badge of honor.  Joe McCarthy labelled FLW a "communist".  Neither he nor I actually are/were.  Far from it from this piece.

https://metropolismag.com/profiles/frank-lloyd-wright-american-democracy-potential-mobocracy/

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yeah I tried to get my bookclub to read actual books last nite.  our public library has cool kits.  It was rejected in favor of Irish Whiskey, tractors and ATV's.   I'm a bit worse for wear this am.  I'll check it out.  A visit to the guggenheim is a visit to a museum in a museum...

https://unsplash.com/s/photos/guggenheim-museum

The Fountainhead may be a tad too heavy for your average book club. Better off sticking to a proper romance novel. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Fountainhead may be a tad too heavy for your average book club. Better off sticking to a proper romance novel. 😂

I rec'ed "A Farewell to Arms" as our first.  Fell flat. It's ok we meet in my friends shop and he fixed my tractor deck for free after I hit a stump. But I'm gonna read more from this great thinker

“Fear is the real danger in any democracy. Our worst enemy now is this craven fear managed by conscienceless politicians. Scare the mob! . . . We are victim of moral cowards putting up a sham fight. . . . What great State has not been eventually ruined by the ‘patriotism’ of conscienceless public-servants? History has no conflict on this point. All have died of exploited FEAR.”  —“Wake Up, Wisconsin” (1952)

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I recede "A Farewell to Arms" as our first.  Fell flat.  But I'm gonna read more from this great thinker

“Fear is the real danger in any democracy. Our worst enemy now is this craven fear managed by conscienceless politicians. Scare the mob! . . . We are victim of moral cowards putting up a sham fight. . . . What great State has not been eventually ruined by the ‘patriotism’ of conscienceless public-servants? History has no conflict on this point. All have died of exploited FEAR.”  —“Wake Up, Wisconsin” (1952)

A key sign that your society is in trouble is when the incredibly average, unionized, government cubicle workers start calling themselves "public servants".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A key sign that your society is in trouble is when the incredibly average, unionized, government cubicle workers start calling themselves "public servants".

Interesting.  I was more into the fear thing.  "conscience less " is an apt description.  Hemingway is very cool too.  I'm sure they're both considered "elites" by MAGA's.  We need more people like them....

• Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I don't believe he can, or more accurately put, he can't be allowed to win.

The sham indictments are only the beginning. They will stop at nothing to prevent him from winning. The out in the open rigging every non useful idiot observed in 2020 will look like child's play compared to what's coming.

The indictments against Trump are hardly “shams.”  You haven’t even looked at them.  Prosecutors don’t waste their valuable time bringing  cases outside of the law and evidence.

And, who is “they?”

You have no answer except “ThE dEeP sTaTe.” You know you can’t even name someone because of how ludicrous it is.  Hillary? Obama? Garland?  Who is “conspiring” to keep Trump out of office besides American citizens who vote?

No one is preventing Trump from running.  He can run from jail, and he has said he would if it came to that.

The “republic” is fine, your tinfoil hat is just on too tight.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

The indictments against Trump are hardly “shams.”  You haven’t even looked at them.  Prosecutors don’t waste their valuable time bringing  cases outside of the law and evidence.

And, who is “they?”

You have no answer except “ThE dEeP sTaTe.” You know you can’t even name someone because of how ludicrous it is.  Hillary? Obama? Garland?  Who is “conspiring” to keep Trump out of office besides American citizens who vote?

No one is preventing Trump from running.  He can run from jail, and he has said he would if it came to that.

what field of law is your speciality?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Wer aren't.  At least those with an IQ above 70.  He's gonna be the nominee barring enforcement of the 14th amendment..

LMAO.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability

Is the orange dude even being charged with "insurrection"?  Rico and felonies are serious accusations.  

But while we are talking the constitution. 

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

Edited by Chris farley

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

You don’t have to worry - Conald will never be POTUS again.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

LMAO.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability

Is the orange dude even being charged with "insurrection"?  Rico and felonies are serious accusations.  

You all mold the constitution like silly putty around your perverse goals.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You don’t have to worry - Conald will never be POTUS again.

you and Sh&t bird keep saying the quiet part outload.

that seems to be the goal.

just like the other impeachments, Mueller, Russia gate and so on.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

And, who is “they?”

Everything a good useful idiot will regurgitate. 

Good job!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You all mold the constitution lime silly buddy around your perverse goals.

here is Pelosi explaining it for you.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-trump-impeacment-corruption/pelosi-says-trump-has-admitted-to-bribery-idINKBN1XO2BA

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/understanding-bribery-grounds-impeachment/602353/

11 hours ago, 49er Fan said:

Why are you even citing polls at all?  It’s 2023.  

I want to carry around a bullhorn and shout at people like you, in your face, “TRUMP ISN’’T WINNING S—T.”

Get it through your thick skull.  He’s DONE.   Do you live in North Carolina?  He probably will lose that state in 2024 (if he’s the nominee and the state even allows him on the ballot).

I strongly encourage you to engage in anything remotely close to this behavior and find out what happens.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

lmao - you gotta love these idiots talking about the Constitution when Conald pissed all over it and thought of it as optional:

“termination of all rules, regulations and articles, even those found in the Constitution”

And the cult cheered him on - and they still do.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7iwzjh879wrp10hx5ui

• Eyeroll 1