6th graders weigh 124 lbs

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/25/big.fish.ap/index.html

Guy catching a 124 pound fish and CNN says its as big as a 6th grader. Damn they must have huge children where he is from.

No, seriously: It was roughly the size of a sixth-grader.

Pruitt, casting his line in the Mississippi River on Sunday, hauled up a 58-inch (146 cm) long, 44-inch (111 cm) around blue catfish that weighed a whopping 124-pounds (56 kg).

You are some large folks. 

The average weight for a 12 year old is:

94 pounds for a girl

89 pounds for a boy

http://www.babybag.com/articles/htwt_av.htm

345263[/snapback]

Go to ANY elementary school (both rich and poor school districts) nowadays and you would be flabbergasted by the high percentage of obese children. And at such a young age!

I weighed 125 when I graduated high school. And I'm 5'11" (and was then, too). 155 when I graduated college; now I'm about 180.

In sixth grade I think I was about 4'9 and 80 pounds. :blink:

Damn, i was like 125 when i graduated HS (5'9"), and about 145 when i graduated college 2 yrs ago..now i'm about 150

in 6th grade i was prolly like 4 feet teall and 75 lbs, i was really tiny til later on in HS...

Go to ANY elementary school (both rich and poor school districts) nowadays and you would be flabbergasted by the high percentage of obese children. And at such a young age!

345304[/snapback]

You got that right.....there ARE a lot of obese kids in schools....

My kid isn't one of them though.....at 143 pounds he has almost no fat on him....

Big shoulders

Huge legs and ankles

Has arms that are actually defined

And get this....he actually has a fricken 4 pack......

He doesnt look ANYTHING like me at that age.....I was heavy early and started getting more athletic as I got older after hitting the weightroom....however his mom was an athlete early.