RIP Richard Belzer

ChevyVanMiller

I used to a part time deejay on the former classic rock WYSP Philadelphia. (Now Sports WIP-FM) We were Howard Stern's first morning affiliate outside of New York. (I even filled in as the local host during Stern. (This was around '86-'87.)

When Stern would go on vacation, our program director didn't want to run Best of Howard. Instead he got the idea of hiring a well known comedian for two weeks to fill in live. The first comedian he hired was Richard Belzer. In fact Belzer did 2 or 3 such stints for us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, T&C said:

X-Files lover and I can't remember an episode he was in. 

Season 5, 'Unusual Suspects'.  Apparently, the first X-Files movie was being filmed, so this is a 'Lone Gunmen' themed episode explaining their origins, with Gillian Anderson not in this episode, and David Duchovny having very limited screen time.

An interesting conjecture read at Wikipedia explains the 'Tommy Westphal Universe', where Munch and those he's interacted with are all part of the autistic boy's imagination seen in the final episode of 'St. Elsewhere'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 2

He had a role in the film Night Shift I recall with Michael Keaton and Henry Winkler.  Pretty good movie.  I think him and Winkler are cousins.

It’s one of my favorite songs and he was in the music video.  The vacation home got double booked 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.