Pure and simple, Brady bashers

Buftex

If anyone can still contend, after last night, that Tom Brady is not one of the best QB's in the game, or maybe even one of the all-timers, you really don't know football. That argument that some of trot out that Brady is a system qb, or that he has all day, don't watch. All QB's are "system QQB's". Brady had a ton of pressure on him last night, made some of the tightest passes you will ever see, and made very few errors. Stop hating the Patriots so much, that you can't enjoy what a great game NFL football is. Brady has everything, IMO, he is the best QB in the game right now. Manning and McNair have lots going for them, but they always seem to come up short. All the bemoaning that there are no great QB's in the game anymore just does not wash.

Sorry, had to get it off my chest. I hate the Patriots too, but I love the game more than I could hate any team (except the fish)! :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can still contend, after last night, that Tom Brady is not one of the best QB's in the game, or maybe even one of the all-timers, you really don't know football.  That argument that some of trot out that Brady is a system qb, or that he has all day, don't watch.  All QB's are "system QQB's".  Brady had a ton of pressure on him last night, made some of the tightest passes you will ever see, and made very few errors.  Stop hating the Patriots so much, that you can't enjoy what a great game NFL football is.  Brady has everything, IMO, he is the best QB in the game right now.  Manning and McNair have lots going for them, but they always seem to come up short.  All the bemoaning that there are no great QB's in the game anymore just does not wash. 

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.  I hate the Patriots too, but I love the game more than I could hate any team (except the fish)! :)

25745[/snapback]

Good post.

For the record, Bledsoe's best system is the Emergency Broadcast System.

Great post. Im a Bills fan and hate to see the Pats do well - but Brady is a great QB. Can't wait for Losman to start - I think he has the mobility and arm to be just as good.

He's a good solid QB and a proven winner......with that said, some of you need to get off your knees, use some mouthwash, and stop with the Brady love fest.....we get it.....he's a good QB.

If anyone can still contend, after last night, that Tom Brady is not one of the best QB's in the game, or maybe even one of the all-timers, you really don't know football.  That argument that some of trot out that Brady is a system qb, or that he has all day, don't watch.  All QB's are "system QQB's".  Brady had a ton of pressure on him last night, made some of the tightest passes you will ever see, and made very few errors.  Stop hating the Patriots so much, that you can't enjoy what a great game NFL football is.  Brady has everything, IMO, he is the best QB in the game right now.  Manning and McNair have lots going for them, but they always seem to come up short.  All the bemoaning that there are no great QB's in the game anymore just does not wash. 

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.  I hate the Patriots too, but I love the game more than I could hate any team (except the fish)! :)

25745[/snapback]

I agree buftex 100%. There are a few here over the past couple of years, who are willing to go into paragraphs of detail in order to get others to believe that Brady should get very little credit for what NE has accomplished as a team or what he has accomplished as the QB of the team.

Give credit where credit is due. You won't lose your Buffalo Bills membership card by doing so.

You are right....YOU don't know football. He throws a good ball, and is smart but he is a SYSTEM QB. Put him on any other team in the NFL and he doesn't do nearly as well. I HAVE watched him and can say that with 100% certainty.

You are right....YOU don't know football.  He throws a good ball, and is smart but he is a SYSTEM QB. Put him on any other team in the NFL and he doesn't do nearly as well. I HAVE watched him and can say that with 100% certainty.

25789[/snapback]

This is what would be best described as Brady envy. It's very simple. NE decided to keep Brady over Bledsoe and traded him here. They go on to win 2 out of the last 3 SB's, while the guy they cast off, has struggled for the better part of a year and a half. The more Bledsoe struggles, the more people dislike Brady.

Is this considered part of the denial stage?? :)

I actually rooted for the Pats against the Rams....and now I can't stand the b@stards.

25809[/snapback]

Same here. I would give my left one to see the Rams beat them this year (although not likely). The fact that I would get behind Martz on any level really says something about my dislike for the Patsies.

You are right....YOU don't know football.  He throws a good ball, and is smart but he is a SYSTEM QB. Put him on any other team in the NFL and he doesn't do nearly as well. I HAVE watched him and can say that with 100% certainty.

25789[/snapback]

Yawn....you can make the same comment about any successful QB! Do you consider Jim Kelly a great QB? I do, but I also know that he was nowhere near as successful, when he wasn't runnig the no huddle. Does that mean he couldn't have played well on another team, in a different offense? Tell me, how do you define a "system QB"? I thik that what puts Brady a notch above anyone else is his ability to see what is going on everywhere on the field, and that he just seems to make decisions better than pretty much anyone in the game right now. I don't think he would lose that ability in another offense.

If you saw last nights game, time and again, Brady just instinctivley moved in the pocket as it was collapsing, never taking his eyes off the secondary, and made terrific throws. It is just something you have, or don't have.

Also, unless Brady went to another team with an awful OC (see Gilbride- good luck Kurt!) his coaches would try to put him in a an offense that allows him to do what he does best.

I give them credit, don't get me wrong. But Brady was patient with his throws as well.

Remember in the first drive when he threw a quick out to his slot reciever and they went nowhere? They killed us on that play a couple years ago but they NEVER went back to it in the game.

Brady has some great coaches, great recievers and great lineman. But, he's also a great QB.

He's my fantasy starter and even though I wanted to see him do poorly for bits and kibbles, I knew he wouldn't.

25789[/snapback]

I agree 1000% percent. More than a few times last night I saw when his timing gets messed up or he gets pressured and has to improvise that he looks average at best.

Having said that he's in a perfect situation and Charley Weis is pretty much an offensive genius.