This place has become poisonous

Dr. K

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

It's an internet message board. You might be in the wrong spot for what you're looking for.  

It may be the internet, but there are some people on the internet who do much better than others. It’s “the others” some have an issue with.

Believe me, I’m on other message boards where this repetitive and redundant personal gratification look-at-me threads simply do not exist. Seriously. I can be done. Because it’s on the internet does not mean it should be ruined (or at least harmed) by a small minority within the population. 

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You guys sure are more patient than me. I was done with Leslie somewhere between Houston and the AFCCG in Arrowhead.  Long before the fun of :13......

For Allens sake and the sake of the Buffalo Bills franchise a sense of urgency is needed in my humble opinion.

Patients need not apply...

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The NFL is filled with teams who had promise and never put it together. I just don't want this to be the Philip Rivers Chargers. They just don't seem pressed at all to make changes to a system that isn't working in the playoffs. 

That's a fair comment, and points out what's really a difference in perspective.   First, I never thought Rivers could hold a candle to a talent like Allen.  The Philip Rivers Chargers were his team, and I've always felt that they didn't win more was due in large part to Rivers.  Same isn't true for Allen.  If he doesn't win Lombardi's, it's certainly going to be on someone else, and that someone for now is McDermott.   

The difference in perspective is your perception/fear is that the past will predict the future.  That is, that things won't change.   And while I agree that that CAN happen, I don't think that's what will happen, because that's not who McDermott is.  McDermott isn't may way or the highway in the usual sense.   He's willing to change his schemes and philosophies; his "way" is learning and continuous improvement.   He will play his 4-2-5 only so long as it gets him the results he wants.  That D does get results - it's one of the best in the league.   It just needs to be tweaked here and there, with personnel or strategy and tactics.   It won't be wholesale change, because part of the system is continuity - run the same system with the same core players and you can rotate a lot of good football players through the other positions.   But there'll be change, and it will make them better. 

They'll change how they play the playoffs, too.   I throw out the Bengals game, because I think the team had come apart weeks before that, under the pressure of various things.   I think losing Miller was a big emotional blow.   But even if that's a fair assessment, the Bills are going to evaluate their playoff performance and learn from it.   In particular, they're going to learn what they already knew but couldn't muster in the final game, and that's the need to increase the level of hitting - persistent hitting, so even when you're behind on the scoreboard, you know you're beating them physically.   That knowledge helps a lot in the second half.  

I just don't foresee McDermott doing the same things, over and over, and losing repeatedly.  Throughout his high school and college careers, he was always about being physically tough and about finding new and better ways to win.   He's not stopping now. 

• Like (+1) 2

This GM, HC have already proven they can fix what's wrong. Last year (2021) the Buffalo run defense was bad and they corrected it, #13 in rush yards allowed to #5. Last year 26 rushing TDs, this year 7 rush TDs! 

The GM saw that the O line played pretty good at the end of last season so he retained a lot of them...they regressed with a supposed better O line coach. Not his fault. 

Now, they both (Buffalo GM,HC) saw what we all saw, in that both lines played poorly against the Bengals and not having Von Miller out there was a real problem for the Buffalo pass rush. No pressure on the Cincy QB and Buffalo QB Josh Allen was under pressure all game. 

I trust that they understand what the problems are and will work to fix them. A better O line, run game, and another pass rusher JIC. The WR corps should be fine if Allen has time in the pocket. If he doesn't the 2nd year OC should work to setup a plan B to get the ball out quicker along with a decent run game.

Have some faith. 

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s not really

One team wins the Super Bowl every year that doesn’t make everybody else losers

The problem is your expectations not the bills

Sometimes it is hard to understand things.  You might want to try harder. The other poster suggests their are two choices, 1) stand pat and go 14-4 or 2)make a change and have a 20 year drought.  These are not the only two choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

14-4 record this season.

I'll take this every single time.

We don't want to go through another 20 year playoff drought.

So you'll take not being good enough in playoffs every time? Because that 14-4 means nothing when getting knocked out post season by the 2nd round

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Sometimes it is hard to understand things.  You might want to try harder. The other poster suggests their are two choices, 1) stand pat and go 14-4 or 2)make a change and have a 20 year drought.  These are not the only two choice. 

Or you dig deeper you have to go to 14 and four in order to go to the rest of the way instead of bitching about the team nonstop. We should be looking at how we’re going to get back there again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.