Bills now no longer have 2 fifths but one fifth and one sixth

dave mcbride

On 2/7/2023 at 7:15 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still don't see why the fifth round pick has to be from Arizona.  And does that apply to the pick's school, or state of residence? 🤔🤨

😁 I know...New England gets a conditional draft pick because I asked...

i believe when you do a trade with conditional picks that depends on player performance or other factor on new team, the conditional pick must be your *original pick.

i guess other team might want to try and make the conditional pick a conditional conditional pick. By putting in language in the trade that the conditional pick must be the highest pick in the round in question. But then team with two picks would just trade that higher pick to some other team to get assests to get better value if the player performance or other factor would kick in to claim that higher pick. 

It seems every *conditional pick is the team's original pick.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:11 AM, dave mcbride said:

Hines’ playing time/production exacted a fifth round pick rather than a sixth from the Bills. The Bills have six picks in total now - one each in rounds one through six. Definitely not great for an important draft year. The picks are all late-round ones except for the fifth rounder, which is from AZ. I have to think they’ll try desperately to trade out of the late first for more picks unless a player they love at either WR or OL falls to them.

what kinda week ass contract incentive would have Hines so little playing time Q for a higher pick? Stupid to agree to this by Beane.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

i believe when you do a trade with conditional picks that depends on player performance or other factor on new team, the conditional pick must be your *original pick.

i guess other team might want to try and make the conditional pick a conditional conditional pick. By putting in language in the trade that the conditional pick must be the highest pick in the round in question. But then team with two picks would just trade that higher pick to some other team to get assests to get better value if the player performance or other factor would kick in to claim that higher pick. 

Wut?! 🤔

😁

And I hear tone deaf discussions on Locked On Bills or Cover 1 where it’s like go ahead and spend some

draft picks on LB, DE, DT, S.

Guys, we have 6 picks. You don’t have all this draft capital to keep investing in DLine.

Allen needs better players around him. 

Drafting a RB is not what we’re talking about here. 

Dedicated Special Teams converted Safety may be McDermott’s preference but it’s not going to help the team.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

On 2/7/2023 at 8:15 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still don't see why the fifth round pick has to be from Arizona.  And does that apply to the pick's school, or state of residence? 🤔🤨

😁 I know...New England gets a conditional draft pick because I asked...

Reading comprehension alert....  says the pick going to Colts is the Bills pick.  The one from AZ for Cody Ford is still Bills pick  and it's the better pick of the two order wise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.