Student in yearbook identified only as 'Black Girl

see.....SEE?!?!?

This is the kind of shite I'm talking about (Even though VA was being facetious)...

Claims of racism today are muddied by a lot of reading between the lines...

344522[/snapback]

Oh sure you go making racial comment about a bunch of Mexicans and you want to blame me for your stupidity. I am not going down with you bro. You dug your own grave.

In your case on hear Fox and Jesse have mended their differences and will be joining up in the multi-million dollar lawsuit against you. 0:)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an education paid for BY the people of the district FOR the people of that district. If you want the benefits of living in that district, LIVE IN THAT DISTRICT. Seems pretty simple to me. No need for a wall. Live in the district and you get the benefits of the district. If you don't live in the district and want the benefits of my district, move into my district.

344325[/snapback]

People of the district, hmm, so kids in Amherst recieve an Amherst Regents diploma? I always thought they received a New York State Regents diploma. I know I did.

People of the district, hmm, so kids in Amherst recieve an Amherst Regents diploma?  I always thought they received a New York State Regents diploma.  I know I did.

344541[/snapback]

That's New York. Here in PA, you get a diploma from your district high school.

Next?

Are people still discriminated against based on race? I believe they are, though probably not to the extent that a Jesse Jackson would have us believe.

344516[/snapback]

Clearly, you forgot this post from your previous and now banned screen name.

Highly ironic that someone who openly espoused Nazi racial theory is now expressing amazement that racial discrimination might still exist... 0:)

Highly ironic that someone who openly espoused Nazi racial theory is now expressing amazement that racial discrimination might still exist...  :angry:

344549[/snapback]

Did he really say this? 0:)

I never said that different races are different species; but that they are different subspecies.

Almost as moronic as making a comment like "so put up some real money and dump your kids in private school, where they can learn racism the old fashioned way"

RICH PEOPLE BAD!!!

344403[/snapback]

Actually, I wrote this in response to the original author wanting to keeps his kids insulated from "inner city kids." He was willing to pay more tax money to do so, so my question to him was, why not go all the way?

I own a home, work hard, and while I'm not wealthy, my household income is well into six figures. And I support inner city kids attending suburban schools.

So rich people aren't bad. The pursuit of wealth isn't bad. Owning a nice house (like the one I own) isn't bad.

Denying a talented kid an education because their mom and dad can't afford to buy into a community with a good public school. That's bad.

Highly ironic that someone who openly espoused Nazi racial theory is now expressing amazement that racial discrimination might still exist...  0:)

344549[/snapback]

The post you linked to did not say that any one race was better than the others, just that they should not intermarry. For you to confuse opposition to interracial marriage with Nazi racial theory is shockingly stupid even by the standards of your recent posts. Many or most of the American soldiers who fought and died in WWII also opposed intermarriage. Do you hate those soldiers as much as you hate Kurt?

Your mind has clearly been filled with hate to the point where you are no longer capable of discussing certain issues with any form of rationality. I pity you.

Actually, I wrote this in response to the original author wanting to keeps his kids insulated from "inner city kids."  He was willing to pay more tax money to do so, so my question to him was, why not go all the way?

I own a home, work hard, and while I'm not wealthy, my household income is well into six figures.  And I support inner city kids attending suburban schools.

So rich people aren't bad.  The pursuit of wealth isn't bad.  Owning a nice house (like the one I own) isn't bad.

Denying a talented kid an education because their mom and dad can't afford to buy into a community with a good public school.  That's bad.

344555[/snapback]

Nice try, here's my post:

Sorry, I'm not buying that blather. If I've made enough money to live in a good school district, I don't want MY tax dollars paying for kids from the inner city to attend that school. If their parents want to foot the bill for their kids to attend my district's schools, then so be it. But not my tax dollars.

I clearly state that if those parents want to foot the exact same bill I do so that their kid can attend a school in my district then I don't really care if they attend the school. My issue is that these kids (and their parents) should not be given a free ride. The services the school provides to people living in the district are paid for by the taxpayers of that district. To allow kids who don't live within the district to enjoy the benefits of the schools without their parents helping to pay for those benefits is patently unfair.

To allow kids who don't live within the district to enjoy the benefits of the schools without their parents helping to pay for those benefits is patently unfair.

344564[/snapback]

Unless they are Mexicans and they will clean the lawn at the school, right? :):P:angry:

You know you are going to hear that from me for a while? 0:)

I just got back to this thread after posting a response late last night (early this morning) after doing some conference call business at an off-hour due to a timezone shift. Wow, it triggered a number of posts I found quite interesting before some moderator made the judgment to exile it to the politics board which I rarely visit (I support this decision being made by the moderators for their reasons even if I disagree with them in some cases because they have done a good job of keeping the board semi-focused on the Bills).

I just wanted to add a note to say thanks to the posters for any interesting back and forth on this issue.

I'm still in the same place of wanting a society where individuals are judged by merit and their individual character rather than issues which do not measure the level of their character like the color of their skin, their hair, their height or whatever.

My comments were simply that I find it troubling that items such as quality of schools, housing, etc which in my mind can be variable but should be variable based on factors like the quality of one's character, drive, intellellect etc, seemed to still be determined by non-character determinants like the color of ones skin.

I do not perceive any maliciousness on the part of those who identified this girl as a black girl. What strikes me as troubling is that there seems to be such segregation in this particular school (amd unfortunately in a lot of US society) that it was such a notable thing that she was Black that this could be a definite identifier.

If they had merely identified her as the Brunette Girl, would folks have known pretty clearly whicj individual they were talking about? If they had identified her as the short girl would this have been a distinct idenifier?

This school seems to be so segregated that racial identifiers are significant. To the extent that school quality relates strongly to location quality the fact the identifier is relevant is the thing troubling to me.

Interesting and thanks. Adios and see you on TSW.

Nice try, here's my post:

I clearly state that if those parents want to foot the exact same bill I do so that their kid can attend a school in my district then I don't really care if they attend the school. My issue is that these kids (and their parents) should not be given a free ride. The services the school provides to people living in the district are paid for by the taxpayers of that district. To allow kids who don't live within the district to enjoy the benefits of the schools without their parents helping to pay for those benefits is patently unfair.

344564[/snapback]

You're still tying public education to affordiability, which to me, is completely wrong. An intelligent kid should be given every opportunity to the best education possible, and not held back by their parents' pocketbook.

And, by the way, you didn't say "kids from other districts" you said "kids from the inner city." There's a completely different connotation between the two.

The post you linked to did not say that any one race was better than the others, just that they should not intermarry. For you to confuse opposition to interracial marriage with Nazi racial theory is shockingly stupid even by the standards of your recent posts. Many or most of the American soldiers who fought and died in WWII also opposed intermarriage. Do you hate those soldiers as much as you hate Kurt?

Your mind has clearly been filled with hate to the point where you are no longer capable of discussing certain issues with any form of rationality. I pity you.

344562[/snapback]

Well, I did it! Along with my Puerto-Rican wife of 21 years, I committed "marital genocide!" I suppose that my 3 daughters are the ugly bi-product.

It is of little surprise to see you hurling insults at Jews in other posts.

I hope that you get help, find out what is wrong, and are spared from living a life that is governed by hatred and idiocy.

That's New York. Here in PA, you get a diploma from your district high school.

Next?

344544[/snapback]

Based upon my experience, I thought everyone in NYS who graduated received a district diploma, and everyone who graduated Regents received two - the district and the Regents. Is that not the case? 0:)

I did.  I thought the US convicted and executed most people who thought that way in 1946-1948.

344563[/snapback]

You're not bothered by the Orwellian implications of thought police and thought-based executions?

Actually, had the U.S. executed everyone who opposed interracial marriage in the period you mention, it would have wiped out a significant percentage of its population, including many minorities. Which would have made it the Soviet Union of the West.

It's funny how thought police and mass murder go hand in hand, isn't it?

You're still tying public education to affordiability, which to me, is completely wrong.  An intelligent kid should be given every opportunity to the best education possible, and not held back by their parents' pocketbook.

What, you want to discriminate against stupid kids? "Oh, you're not smart enough to go to a good school and be able to learn more. We want you to stay stupid." 0:)

CW

I choose to pay more in taxes?  You mean I don't HAVE to pay the tax bill every month?!?!  Sweet!  0:)

CW

344576[/snapback]

You choose to pay more by moving into a community with higher property taxes or higher cost homes, because the house is located in a desirable school district.

That's what I meant.

You're still tying public education to affordiability, which to me, is completely wrong.  An intelligent kid should be given every opportunity to the best education possible, and not held back by their parents' pocketbook.

And, by the way, you didn't say "kids from other districts" you said "kids from the inner city."  There's a completely different connotation between the two.

344585[/snapback]

And who identifies the "intelligent kid"? And why should they be given any special priveleges that other in his/hew district don't get? Bad precidence.

Well, I did it! Along with my Puerto-Rican wife of 21 years, I committed "marital genocide!"

344588[/snapback]

You and that wife of yours are destroying not only the "sub-species" but all of mankind with your intermingling beastiality-like practices. How dare you?!? 0:)

/sarcasm

You and that wife of yours are destroying not only the "sub-species" but all of mankind with your intermingling beastiality-like practices.  How dare you?!?  0:)

/sarcasm

344600[/snapback]

Doesn't matter. Eventually we'll be reduced to goobacks anyway.

What, you want to discriminate against stupid kids?  "Oh, you're not smart enough to go to a good school and be able to learn more.  We want you to stay stupid."  :blink:

CW

344592[/snapback]

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. <_<

In fact, for that reason, I would have left you in the inner city school. :D

Based upon my experience, I thought everyone in NYS who graduated received a district diploma, and everyone who graduated Regents received two - the district and the Regents.  Is that not the case?  <_<

344590[/snapback]

I only got my high school one, with the regents gold seal and a number of little ribbons signifying the number of classes I received regents in (French, Math and Science). :blink:

And who identifies the "intelligent kid"?  And why should they be given any special priveleges that other in his/hew district don't get?  Bad precidence.

344598[/snapback]

Every child deserves to be taught at the maximum speed he or she can learn at. Slowing some children down because others in the class are slow is unfair.

In almost no other area of life do we allow the limitations of some to dictate restrictions for all. Imagine if book stores were only allowed to sell books with a simple enough sentence and thought structure that the average person could read them. Or if a law was passed against recreational activities (such as running marathons) that the average person lacks the capacity to do. Adults do not accept such artificial, arbitrary, and needless restrictions on themselves; and I see no reason why they should be imposed on our children.

I only got my high school one, with the regents gold seal and a number of little ribbons signifying the number of classes I received regents in (French, Math and Science).  :blink:

344605[/snapback]

French? <_<

Actually, I wrote this in response to the original author wanting to keeps his kids insulated from "inner city kids."  He was willing to pay more tax money to do so, so my question to him was, why not go all the way?

I own a home, work hard, and while I'm not wealthy, my household income is well into six figures.  And I support inner city kids attending suburban schools.

So rich people aren't bad.  The pursuit of wealth isn't bad.  Owning a nice house (like the one I own) isn't bad.

Denying a talented kid an education because their mom and dad can't afford to buy into a community with a good public school.  That's bad.

344555[/snapback]

Here is a thought. Instead of making other people pay, how about taking responsibility for your own schools to make them better? There are plenty of things that can be done to improve your child's education without relying on other people to pay for your free ride. You would be suprised at the improvements that can be made when the parents become more involved in their child's education. The best part about it is, that not all solutions require additional money.

I could always say, "I like the schools in this district, but I do not feel like paying the taxes. I will live in another district with lower taxes and then force the people in the better district to pay to educate my child." Sound fair? Didn't think so.

Personal responsibility. It is an amazing concept.

Sorry, I'm not buying that blather. If I've made enough money to live in a good school district, I don't want MY tax dollars paying for kids from the inner city to attend that school. If their parents want to foot the bill for their kids to attend my district's schools, then so be it. But not my tax dollars.

344143[/snapback]

Joe, your position on this issue is strikingly similar to that of the teacher's unions. They constantly assert that tax dollars are the difference between "good" and "bad' schools. Most of these tax dollars are swallowed up in teacher's salary, no?

Are you becoming a union man? <_<

And, by the way, you didn't say "kids from other districts" you said "kids from the inner city."  There's a completely different connotation between the two.

344585[/snapback]

Can anyone say reading between the lines?

Proves my point yet again. You know, life sucks. These kids can get an education in their home districts, and if they apply themselves will likely get preferential treatment getting into college.

The fact remains that as a taxpayer of the district in question, I should not have to foot the bill for ANYBODY from outside the district. And where I live, BTW, there are plenty of white kids that live in the inner city.

And who identifies the "intelligent kid"?  And why should they be given any special priveleges that other in his/hew district don't get?  Bad precidence.

344598[/snapback]

I think schools should be able to determine if a student is intelligent, don't you? See they have these things called tests... <_<

So if poor parent of a smart kid in an underfunded school asks the school board to move his kid into a better funded district, the answer should be no?

The smart kid shouldn't have access to computers, up-to-date text books and possibly better teachers?

How is stiffling good students because they are poor a good precedent?

People of the district, hmm, so kids in Amherst recieve an Amherst Regents diploma?  I always thought they received a New York State Regents diploma.  I know I did.

344541[/snapback]

Who is to say that what school district is better or worse? How do you propose to make every school district "equal"? Obviously that means that you want to abolish local school boards and their ability to make decisions about education on a local level. I guess this also means that all funding for all schools should come from the federal government so that they are all the same?

Can I also presume that you then support a flat property taxes rather than those based on proerty values, since the local district will no longer be responsible for funding schools?

Who is to say that what school district is better or worse?  How do you propose to make every school district "equal"?  Obviously that means that you want to abolish local school boards and their ability to make decisions about education on a local level.  I guess this also means that all funding for all schools should come from the federal government so that they are all the same?

Can I also presume that you then support a flat property taxes rather than those based on proerty values, since the local district will no longer be responsible for funding schools?

344621[/snapback]

Or better yet, why not absorb suburbs into the cities so all those mean middle-class folks can pay their fair share?

Sounds to me like jad1's been reading his manifesto.

Or better yet, why not absorb suburbs into the cities so all those mean middle-class folks can pay their fair share?

Sounds to me like jad1's been reading his manifesto.

344623[/snapback]

They've been trying to do just that in CT for years. Just another angle on the class warfare bullsh--.

How is stiffling good students because they are poor a good precedent?

344618[/snapback]

I had the grades to get into Harvard or Yale, but could not afford the tuition. Since you believe that smart people should not be deprived of a quality education, I expect a check from you (made out to me) to cover my tuition costs. So, is it safe to say that I will see the check from you by the end of next week?

Here is a thought. Instead of making other people pay, how about taking responsibility for your own schools to make them better? There are plenty of things that can be done to improve your child's education without relying on other people to pay for your free ride. You would be suprised at the improvements that can be made when the parents become more involved in their child's education. The best part about it is, that not all solutions require additional money.

I could always say, "I like the schools in this district, but I do not feel like paying the taxes. I will live in another district with lower taxes and then force the people in the better district to pay to educate my child." Sound fair? Didn't think so.

Personal responsibility. It is an amazing concept.

344611[/snapback]

That's a great idea, unfortunately as long as you fund education at the district level, it's not going to happen.

It's not case that a parent doesn't feel like paying the extra taxes for their child's education, it's the case that they can't afford the price of moving into the better neighborhoods in that makes up the district.

And textbooks cost money, computers cost money, after-school activities cost money, and teachers cost money. So while parents can do alot to make up the gap, it still is a money issue.

That's a great idea, unfortunately as long as you fund education at the district level, it's not going to happen.

It's not case that a parent doesn't feel like paying the extra taxes for their child's education, it's the case that they can't afford the price of moving into the better neighborhoods in that makes up the district.

And textbooks cost money, computers cost money, after-school activities cost money, and teachers cost money.  So while parents can do alot to make up the gap, it still is a money issue.

344631[/snapback]

So what of my solution? If the parent in question wants to put their kid in the suburban school district, they should write a yearly check to that district in the total of the average tax bill paid in that district. Then I'd have no problem.