The Biden Boom: Biden's Economy Has the Best Growth Record Since 1969

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Wasn't reagomics responsible for the saying "a rising tide lifts all ships"?

Here's where we really see that the newfangled/post-Trump "Republican" Party is now all about class warfare. It is not about a rising tide lifting all boats. It is about getting retribution on all the financiers and capitalists who have made too much money on the backs of the "regular" (read: working class/non-professional middle class) workers.

Hmm, we have a word for that kind of agenda, don't we? And it sure ain't "capitalist."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Here's where we really see that the newfangled/post-Trump "Republican" Party is now all about class warfare. It is not about a rising tide lifting all boats. It is about getting retribution on all the financiers and capitalists who have made too much money on the backs of the "regular" (read: working class/non-professional middle class) workers.

Hmm, we have a word for that kind of agenda, don't we? And it sure ain't "capitalist."

Well put.  It's what I've been attempting to convey with less clarity.  Nice job.  Exactly correct......

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Well put.  It's what I've been attempting to convey with less clarity.  Nice job.  Exactly correct......

Thanks.

And the second part: if we want to get back at Davos Man and all those financiers who make tons of money while they try to run the world according to what's best for them, who should we elect?

Why, none other than billionaire Donald J. Trump, father-in-law to Davos 2024 attendees Jared Kushner (an official appointee of his last administration) and his younger brother.

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks.

And the second part: if we want to get back at Davos Man and all those financiers who make tons of money while they try to run the world according to what's best for them, who should we elect?

Why, none other than billionaire Donald J. Trump, father-in-law to Davos 2024 attendees Jared Kushner (an official appointee of his last administration) and his younger brother.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Simple yes or no question.

I've read a number of these posts re Davos.

Have you listened to the interviews that have been televised from these folks?

I have, and have for years. Not because it's interesting viewing, I'm just a 7:30 to 8:30 CNBC listener for years.

Lots of people have posted lots of views on this, and I'm wondering if they ever watch this stuff.

Obviously, it seems to me, they haven't, but in the interest of polite conversation, I thought I'd ask.

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have, and have for years. Not because it's interesting viewing, I'm just a 7:30 to 8:30 CNBC listener for years.

Lots of people have posted lots of views on this, and I'm wondering if they ever watch this stuff.

Obviously, it seems to me, they haven't, but in the interest of polite conversation, I thought I'd ask.

Davos is wonderful to ski.  There's an 11 mile run that will burn your legs to death.  Great gondolas.  A funicular.

It's relatively inexpensive.  Cool little town for apres ski.  pretty people generally.  That's about all I know with certainty...

• Haha (+1) 1

Bidenomics in a nutshell:

1. Destroy tens of millions of good paying jobs and millions of small businesses due to unnecessary shutdowns, power grabs, and incentives not to work.
  2. Do nothing to address the pandemic other than sending trillion$ to their buddy donors in Big Pharma for useless vaccines and boosters, shutting down schools, small business, and the country for no reason whatsoever.   
  3. Claim all the public sector and hospitality job growth is new growth as if the actions they took in 1 and 2 have nothing to do with it.  Lying right to your ***** face.   

What a mess.  

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Yes, I have watched some (also CNBC), and I find nothing nefarious about it all.

42 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Davos is wonderful to ski.  There's an 11 mile run that will burn your legs to death.  Great gondolas.  A funicular.

It's relatively inexpensive.  Cool little town for apres ski.  pretty people generally.  That's about all I know with certainty...

I'll have to go someday ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:
  • Destroy tens of millions of good paying jobs and millions of small businesses due to unnecessary shutdowns, power grabs, and incentives not to work.

Blame Trump - he was POTUS who ignored his intelligence warming him about the severity of the pending pandemic WHEN IT ARRIVED ON HIS WATCH.

1 hour ago, Irv said:
  • Do nothing to address the pandemic other than sending trillion$ to their buddy donors in Big Pharma for useless vaccines and boosters, shutting down schools, small business, and the country for no reason whatsoever.   

Blame Trump - he pulled together Corporate America and Big Pharma

Trump enlists Big Pharma to stem the coronavirus crisis

Business Leaders Urge Trump to Dramatically Increase Coronavirus Testing

Trump accused of using coronavirus briefing as corporate advertising spot - President’s press event features leaders from Honeywell, Procter & Gamble, and MyPillow as US cases climb

Ahead of economic announcement, White House scrambled to assemble list of names - The president announced a long list of business leaders to help lead an economic revival, but they were among the last to know.

3 big Trump donors are among business leaders influencing coronavirus response - Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman, Oracle Executive Chairman Larry Ellison, Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan and John Catsimatidis

Trump fluffs MyPillow in Rose Garden coronavirus talk 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Claim all the public sector and hospitality job growth is new growth as if the actions they took in 1 and 2 have nothing to do with it.  Lying right to your ***** face.  

Hoax

Bloomberg: September 2, 2022 - Employment in US Has Finally Exceeded Its Pre-Pandemic Level

giphy.gif

@Irv - as always, you're a mess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Davos.  What a waste of jet fuel.  What a mess. 

yeah, I don't think you'd like it.  They speak swiss German and are relatively liberal.  great healthcare.  Natural beauty that is awe inspiring. Fondue-hardly a burger to be found and raclette cheese smells funny..   lots of sausages, not hot dogs.  I think you should steer clear....

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yeah, I don't think you'd like it.  They speak swiss German and are relatively liberal.  great healthcare.  Natural beauty that is awe inspiring. Fondue-hardly a burger to be found and raclette cheese smells funny..   lots of sausages, not hot dogs.  I think you should steer clear....

I believe Irv is from Rochester.

@Irv, if you ever find yourself in Davos, "Garbage Plate" is "Mullteller" (with an umlaut over the u).

They may understand French. It sounds a lot nicer: "Assiette Poubelle"

Some even speak Italian. That's my favorite: "Piatto della Spazzatura."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I believe Irv is from Rochester.

@Irv, if you ever find yourself in Davos, "Garbage Plate" is "Mullteller" (with an umlaut over the u).

They may understand French. It sounds a lot nicer: "Assiette Poubelle"

Some even speak Italian. That's my favorite: "Piatto della Spazzatura."

The Italian side of Switzerland is gorgeous.  Irv could take a swim in the icy waters of Lake Como, just over the border.  Might wake him up from his stupor.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Peoples personal economies suck.  This economy only works for the investor class.

And it's gonna get worse.  The fed doesn't lower rates cause the economy is good. 

Yeah because Biden isn’t left enough for them. There’s a lot of distaste in the union circles over how Biden handled the railroad strike a couple years back 

• Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The fed doesn't lower rates cause the economy is good. 

Yes, that's how economics works.  It's a good problem to have.  higher interest rates are better than a bad economy

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-strong-gdp-report-helps-biden-it-may-complicate-things-for-the-fed-165809376.html

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, that's how economics works.  It's a good problem to have.  higher interest rates are better than a bad economy

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-strong-gdp-report-helps-biden-it-may-complicate-things-for-the-fed-165809376.html

So why are they planning on lowering them between three and six times in 2024.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah because Biden isn’t left enough for them. There’s a lot of distaste in the union circles over how Biden handled the railroad strike a couple years back 

The UAW is toast once Chinese EV's start to penetrate the US market.  Shawn's a little late realizing that the administrations EV push is going to eliminate UAW jobs.

China’s automakers take the world by storm with electric vehicle push

"Chinese electric cars, cheaper than models built elsewhere, are making inroads in Europe, Australia and Southeast Asia. Competitors worry that Chinese brands may eventually dominate the global EV market."

"The average price of an EV in China was €31,829 ($34,096) in the first half of 2022, compared with €55,821 ($59,797) in Europe and €63,864 ($68,429) in the United States, the firm said in a report last year."

• Like (+1) 1