Swalwell and Schiff: Both Out House Intel Cmte. McCarthy DESTROYS Reporter Who Questions Decision

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Let's not also forget he did a eulogy at Storm Thurmond's funeral.  You know, the author of the Southern Manifesto.

ström Thurmond is dirt.  Thankfully.  Joe's a player.  No denying it.  Name a non player who became prez.  Jimmy Carter is what I come up with and he lost re election by a landslide.  And you all tell me to wake up and smell the coffee... Maybe there's a book on "how things work"...

Edited by redtail hawk

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

ström Thurmond is dirt.  Thankfully.  Joe's a player.  No denying it.  Name a non player who became prez.  Jimmy Carter is what I come up with and he lost re election by a landslide.  And you all tell me to wake up and smell the coffee... Maybe there's a book on "how things work"...

Does him being a”player” excuses his racist past?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I don't believe he is.  Not in the know how much he kissed Thurman's ring..  I wouldn't imagine he actually liked the guy but maybe.  maybe he needed his vote for some important bills he wanted passed.  His policies as prez are not racist.  That's what is important to me.

Are you being serious? It’s one thing to support your own party, but it’s entirely different than turning a blind eye on awfully racist comments and being good friends with kkk members! I’m sorry, but that would leave me and many others thinking you shared those vile and racist beliefs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Westside said:

Are you being serious? It’s one thing to support your own party, but it’s entirely different than turning a blind eye on awfully racist comments and being good friends with kkk members! I’m sorry, but that would leave me and many others thinking you shared those vile and racist beliefs.

No.  Sometimes you bed the devil when you're on the ladder.  You just don't do it often or enjoy it.   You must be the only living human that hasn't kissed smelly ass sometime.  congratulations.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

No.

But you just admitted his past behavior doesn’t matter as long as he does what you wish him to do. 
Have you ever heard the phrase, you can tell a lot about a person by the friends he keeps?

What would you say if someone was good friends with a grand wizard of the kkk? Who also said he was a good decent man?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

Have you ever heard the phrase, you can tell a lot about a person by the friends he keeps?

What would you say if someone was good friends with a grand wizard of the kkk? Who also said he was a good decent man?

It's a good phrase.  Look at trump...If they're really friends then yes, it's a big problem.  IUf they're a means to an end, then no.  I'm fortunate in that medicine mostly doesn't work that way.   Private practice is pretty much a solo act.  Politics does.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

It's a good phrase.  Look at trump...If they're really friends then yes, it's a big problem.  IUf they're a means to an end, then no.  I'm fortunate in that medicine mostly doesn't work that way.  Politics does.

That’s why I hate politics. How do I know if biden was good friends with the GW of the kkk Robert Byrd because he said so. He did Byrds eulogy saying those exact words. 
This is what I disagree with, I refuse to stand behind anyone who thinks members of the kkk are good decent human beings. No matter what I believe, I would never side with such hateful people. 
The end does not justify the means. Not in my beliefs nor in my Christian faith.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Westside said:

That’s why I hate politics. How do I know if biden was good friends with the GW of the kkk Robert Byrd because he said so. He did Byrds eulogy saying those exact words. 
This is what I disagree with, I refuse to stand behind anyone who thinks members of the kkk are good decent human beings. No matter what I believe, I would never side with such hateful people. 
The end does not justify the means. Not in my beliefs nor in my Christian faith.

One of LBJ's most famous quotes was "I want them to kiss my ass and tell me it smells like roses".  I read it in Playboy so it must be true.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

One of LBJ's most famous quotes was "I want them to kiss my ass and tell me it smells like roses".  I read it in Playboy so it must be true.

Was never a fan of LBJ. But I don’t doubt he said that.

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...