Humble and Hungry got smacked by Cocky and Arrogant

SCBills

-Said on Howard and Jeremy this morning 

Could not describe the McDermott problem any better.  

Not just that this is his mantra.. and it’s been corny since the jump, but that it drips down to the entire team, mentality and roster construction.  

Much of the game is mental.  You have to believe you can win.  I did not see a team that believed it could win yesterday.  

Then you look at who we draft, sign, build with.  Character guys.  Team leaders.  

That’s great.  Where were they against KC three years ago?  Where were they yesterday?

They got pushed in by guys who are meaner, tougher and more arrogant.  

Would we ever bring in a Joe Mixon?   Kadarius Toney? Tyreek Hill?

Humble and Hungry … Still hungry because the teams with more dawg are going to continue taking your food from you until that mentality is gone.  …and it stems from one man and one vision..

It built a team good enough to contend, not good enough to win, and that statement above says. it. all. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm a full believer in "pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" thinking about this. The Bengals won't win the SB. If they beat KC, then they will lose to Philly or SF. Watch. And no, we wouldn't bring in a poc like Mixon and I'm good with that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Overrated. The Bills were outsmarted and outschemed. The Bengals had a simple to execute scheme and they did it. The Bills D fundamentals of shedding blocks and tackling were bad. Offensively it’s been established that the Bills scheme doesn’t work well in bad weather. They didn’t do much different to adapt to the conditions and suffered the consequences. That game was as much Xs and Os as it was Jimmy’s and Joes. The Bills OL has been terrible all year and they do need upgrades there. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

We are at the same place we were at for the last 7 years. 

We arent good in the trenches and it continues to hinder the success of the organization. 

I can’t get over how bengals were able to protect burrow with 3 backups and then the 4th got injured. It’s scheme and qb play too, easy to blame the trenches 

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

I can’t get over how bengals were able to protect burrow with 3 backups and then the 4th got injured. It’s scheme and qb play too, easy to blame the trenches 

Quick passes to the flat , which the Bills didn’t cover seemingly all day. 

Tony Romo made a few comments about how our lines were just smaller than theirs. That's what essentially it came down to. We got bullied on the lines. 

Another thing is that everything seems hard for our offense. Even when we move the ball, it's a real grind. 

Edited by HomeTeam

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.